List of important/sticky topics

Shifu
Lieutenant General

List of important/sticky topics

Postby Shifu » Sun 16 Aug 2015 17:00

This topic links you to all important threads (which - under normal circumstances - would be sticky at the top of the first page). Reasoning at the end for those who care ..

The lists are sorted alphabetically.

Act of Aggression in general:

Guides:

Tournaments & Leagues:

Reasoning for the re-organization:
As we currently do not have appropriate subforums and the amount of sticky posts keeps growing (and bloating the first page ..), all sticky posts will get their sticky trait removed and be linked to from this post. This increases the readability significantly, but might reduce the number of views slightly for those topics (as not everyone but only people visiting this topic will see former sticky topics) ... However, I do believe readability is more important. To address the reduced visibility problem, posts which are added to the list will be granted the trait "sticky" for 24 hours - this should be enough to gain them some attention.
Take note, this is (hopefully ..) a temporary solution until administration provides us with the necessary subforums.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

TheRev
First Sergeant

Re: List of important/sticky topics

Postby TheRev » Thu 20 Aug 2015 16:16

I hope we can get sub-forums sooner rather than later. A tournament sub-forum on particular would be very nice to use for people looking to setup and take part in community tournaments, rather than have to dig through bug reports and opinion threads.

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 20 Aug 2015 17:38

TheRev wrote:I hope we can get sub-forums sooner rather than later. A tournament sub-forum on particular would be very nice to use for people looking to setup and take part in community tournaments, rather than have to dig through bug reports and opinion threads.

Agreed the forum at the moment is very messy and there are a lot of threads that discuss the same thing.

TheRev
First Sergeant

Postby TheRev » Wed 2 Sep 2015 18:20

TheRev wrote:I hope we can get sub-forums sooner rather than later. A tournament sub-forum on particular would be very nice to use for people looking to setup and take part in community tournaments, rather than have to dig through bug reports and opinion threads.

So final release is here, still no sign of better sub forum support for tournaments and such....

AndreB
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby AndreB » Thu 3 Sep 2015 15:34

TheRev wrote:

So final release is here, still no sign of better sub forum support for tournaments and such....

Agreed.