realistic helicopter movements

Argonlegends
Private First-Class

realistic helicopter movements

Postby Argonlegends » Thu 14 Apr 2016 00:24

Hi community,
I would like to ask you about the helicopter movements. Because in my opinion they are sometimes really extraordinary "interesting" like transport helicopters are never touching down or even worse the movements of the osprey! Also I think that the gatling guns of helicopter should be more efficient against ground units by the way the blackhawk is down in 1-2 sek with two anti air it's like burning money . Also the blackhawk should get an buyable mg at the side. But that's just my opinion. How do you think?

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: realistic helicopter movements

Postby Megiddo » Thu 14 Apr 2016 00:54

Yep, the physics of the choppers could really use some tweaks for sure.

That's quite hard to place them or kite correctly at max attack range, particularly, to my sense, in regard of their particularly short attack range with most of their armaments. Often unfair and quite unrealistic against MGs or HMGs to be honest.

Hope Eugen teams can do something for that.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:08

Argonlegends wrote:Hi community,
I would like to ask you about the helicopter movements. Because in my opinion they are sometimes really extraordinary "interesting" like transport helicopters are never touching down or even worse the movements of the osprey! Also I think that the gatling guns of helicopter should be more efficient against ground units by the way the blackhawk is down in 1-2 sek with two anti air it's like burning money . Also the blackhawk should get an buyable mg at the side. But that's just my opinion. How do you think?

Blackhawn does have a weapon, at least it did in vanilla. I assumed it was given automatically to them in Reboot.
I didn't need to build them yet.

tactic
Master Sergeant

Postby tactic » Wed 27 Apr 2016 20:41

I really like AoAs realistic general flight helicopter movements!
Game on!