About the infantry spam

westgun
Private

About the infantry spam

Postby westgun » Tue 19 Apr 2016 23:55

As most of you probably already know, in many games the infantry spam largely overshadows most other units. I've recently had a discussion with another player about said issue and I'm here now to present a few solutions of said discussion.

1. To reduce the overall effectiveness of infantry in most fights one does not need to nerf infatry itself, but rather enforce its weakness: mobility. By simply reducing the amount of infantry a carrier unit (acce, vextra, namer, etc) can carry, you effectively reduce the number of infantry in offensive fights.

2. By increasing the radius and anti infantry-in-building (yeah, idk what to call it) capabilities of T1 artillery units you give the early game units an effective way to combat a defensive position without making the game into a turtle fest.

3. By making a upgrade for all factions that allows the building of barracks outside the base (see cartel upgrade) at T2 or late T1, one also eliminates the problem of setting up a offensive-defensive position (taking a bank or oil field of the enemy extremely early before infntry counters take the field). However, with the other 2 suggestiosn in place this one is most likely unnecessery.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope this post will help with the issue.

--westgun

tactic
Master Sergeant

Re: About the infantry spam

Postby tactic » Wed 27 Apr 2016 20:52

westgun wrote:As most of you probably already know, in many games the infantry spam largely overshadows most other units. I've recently had a discussion with another player about said issue and I'm here now to present a few solutions of said discussion.

1. To reduce the overall effectiveness of infantry in most fights one does not need to nerf infatry itself, but rather enforce its weakness: mobility. By simply reducing the amount of infantry a carrier unit (acce, vextra, namer, etc) can carry, you effectively reduce the number of infantry in offensive fights.

2. By increasing the radius and anti infantry-in-building (yeah, idk what to call it) capabilities of T1 artillery units you give the early game units an effective way to combat a defensive position without making the game into a turtle fest.

3. By making a upgrade for all factions that allows the building of barracks outside the base (see cartel upgrade) at T2 or late T1, one also eliminates the problem of setting up a offensive-defensive position (taking a bank or oil field of the enemy extremely early before infntry counters take the field). However, with the other 2 suggestiosn in place this one is most likely unnecessery.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope this post will help with the issue.

--westgun

Nice to regard this issue man :D :D :D
I like infantry in that masses, but I don't like to have to play too much infantry-wise.

1. imho a humvee, acce, vextra, puma, namer could even carry more in real :P -> buff :D more³! :D
2. +1 for such buffs of the counters
3. I like the different factions barracks/turrets building possibilities and think they are a good faction-"balance".

BUFFS!
NO NERFS!
Game on!