New servers, new friends

PapaYankee
Staff Sergeant

New servers, new friends

Postby PapaYankee » Wed 23 Aug 2017 18:44

Hello everyone,

Twelve days ago, a malfunction on our servers started to prevent new players to create their account to access our online services. It was followed by a complete crash of our servers, making online play impossible for 48 hours. This was due to the simultaneous and sudden death of both the hard drives containing the databases.

This was the first time, since the release of Wargame: European Escalation in 2012, we were experiencing such a serious breakdown.

We have switched our servers and our online services to a new, more stable architecture.

We also are changing the way friend list are managed on Steam, and Steel Division: Normandy 44 and Wargame: Red Dragon will now use the Steam Friend List system (an update will be available for Act of Aggression: Reboot Edition as well). To do so, we had to reinitiate the friend list, and a few of you might have to complete your friend list by adding them on Steam. The system will be improved in the coming days.

There will be a short server maintenance tomorrow at 10AM CEST to switch to this new friend list system.

We would like to thank you all for your support, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Eugen Systems

Razzmann
General

Re: News servers, new friends

Postby Razzmann » Wed 23 Aug 2017 19:24

Great to hear!

Any chance for a leaderboard reset while you are at it? ;)
Last edited by Razzmann on Thu 24 Aug 2017 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

Nomoregoodusernames
Staff Sergeant

Postby Nomoregoodusernames » Wed 23 Aug 2017 19:46

PapaYankee wrote:
We also are changing the way friend list are managed on Steam, and Steel Division: Normandy 44 and Wargame: Red Dragon will now use the Steam Friend List system (an update will be available for Act of Aggression: Reboot Edition as well). To do so, we had to reinitiate the friend list, and a few of you might have to complete your friend list by adding them on Steam. The system will be improved in the coming days.

What about player who don't use steam?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 23 Aug 2017 20:07

Nomoregoodusernames wrote:
PapaYankee wrote:

People who pirated Wargame?

towedarray
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby towedarray » Wed 23 Aug 2017 21:50

Thanks for the update. How do we connect specific Wargame friends with our Steam friends list? Most players use different names in Wargame than in Steam so it would be impossible to do this manually. Also there are some "friends" in Wargame that we might not want be friends with on Steam. Do we have a way to select which friends we want to connect with on Steam ?
Last edited by towedarray on Wed 23 Aug 2017 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

danipman
Corporal

Postby danipman » Wed 23 Aug 2017 21:55

Thanks for Red Dragon fixes!!!!!

iamthatiam
Corporal

Postby iamthatiam » Wed 23 Aug 2017 22:43

Razzmann wrote:
PapaYankee wrote:

https://www.gog.com/game/wargame_european_escalation

Excroat3
Captain

Postby Excroat3 » Wed 23 Aug 2017 23:45

I have 200+ friends on Wargame, and about 4 of those also on steam. Do I have to add them all to my steam friends list to see them again? :(

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Thu 24 Aug 2017 00:13

Excroat3 wrote:I have 200+ friends on Wargame, and about 4 of those also on steam. Do I have to add them all to my steam friends list to see them again? :(

Same problem here. Only a tiny number of those people on my friends list I know personally and have on Steam. The others are all lost, I suppose?
Try another signature of that kind and you'll get banned.

Nomoregoodusernames
Staff Sergeant

Postby Nomoregoodusernames » Thu 24 Aug 2017 01:02

Razzmann wrote:
PapaYankee wrote:

No people who have never managed their friends on steam or the few who bought WG not on steam ie: Apple store, boxed etc