New anti-armor system ?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Re: New anti-armor system ?

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 9 Mar 2017 01:35

Mike wrote:
Razzmann wrote:If I remember correctly, some article stated that even MGs were able to fire at tanks in order to stress them.

I think the article said a 20mm "machine gun". I think autocannon is more fitting. :lol:

WW2 20mm cannons packed quite a punch, I'm not surprised they could panic a tank!

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 9 Mar 2017 01:57

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:WW2 20mm cannons packed quite a punch, I'm not surprised they could panic a tank!

If a churchill with 152mm frontal armor bails out due to a 20mm gun i will be livid as all heck :lol:

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu 9 Mar 2017 02:17

Mitchverr wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:WW2 20mm cannons packed quite a punch, I'm not surprised they could panic a tank!

If a churchill with 152mm frontal armor bails out due to a 20mm gun i will be livid as all heck :lol:

Panzer II Luchs is gonna dominate!

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:I hope the game isn't too hooked on morale and surrendering. I do want to see glorious destruction and full scale battles. Give me your finest indoctrinated SS divisions.

(We can say SS right?)

What do you think the gun fire from the BBs are for? :twisted:
Courtesy of KattiValk

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 9 Mar 2017 02:23

Mike wrote:Panzer II Luchs is gonna dominate!

Dude, anything with a 2 pounders gonna dominate, got an autocannon enemy, 2 pounder to the face, got a tiger, multiple 2 pounders firing at 22 rpm to the face and side.

Glory of the 2 pounder, cult of the 2 pounder.

Let it be known, and let it be a thing. :lol:

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 9 Mar 2017 02:27

Mitchverr wrote:
Mike wrote:Panzer II Luchs is gonna dominate!

Dude, anything with a 2 pounders gonna dominate, got an autocannon enemy, 2 pounder to the face, got a tiger, multiple 2 pounders firing at 22 rpm to the face and side.

Glory of the 2 pounder, cult of the 2 pounder.

Let it be known, and let it be a thing. :lol:

2 pounders almost cost us North Africa!

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 9 Mar 2017 02:46

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:2 pounders almost cost us North Africa!

Bad tactics, not the 2 pounder good sir. How dare you heathen, i bet your a 37mmer aint ya.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 9 Mar 2017 02:51

Mitchverr wrote:

Bad tactics, not the 2 pounder good sir. How dare you heathen, i bet your a 37mmer aint ya.

Bad tactics? Until American gave us Shamans and Honeys ANZAC forces actually had no way of penetrating modern German Armour properly.

Mike

Postby Mike » Thu 9 Mar 2017 03:06

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:

Bad tactics? Until Americans gave us Shamans and Honeys ANZAC forces actually had no way of penetrating modern German Armour properly.

Towed 6 pounders?
Courtesy of KattiValk

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 9 Mar 2017 03:11

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Bad tactics? Until American gave us Shamans and Honeys ANZAC forces actually had no way of penetrating modern German Armour properly.

Enemy tanks werent really the main issue in the early days before 6 pounder and grant. And fyi the honeys 37mm had WORSE anti tank ability then the 2 pounder. The issue was the tactic of british armour repeatedly charging anti tank gunlines and then the enemy armor counterattacking.

So really, bad tactical usage of armour tbf. Hell, they even knew the tactic was in use, had artillery, but didnt use it to blow the hell out the gunline a few times lol.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 9 Mar 2017 03:37

Mike wrote:Towed 6 pounders?

We're slow and unweildly, still weren't the best against some of the better German tanks, it's pretty common for many ANZAC dairies state how a crew of artillery handlers getting mistified after a gun encampment failed to penetrate a German tank. 6 pounders were also a lot rarer in ANZAC and especially NZ forces, which manily had to fight with obsolete equipment for a good portion of the war.

Mitchverr wrote:Enemy tanks werent really the main issue in the early days before 6 pounder and grant. And fyi the honeys 37mm had WORSE anti tank ability then the 2 pounder. The issue was the tactic of british armour repeatedly charging anti tank gunlines and then the enemy armor counterattacking.

So really, bad tactical usage of armour tbf. Hell, they even knew the tactic was in use, had artillery, but didnt use it to blow the hell out the gunline a few times lol.

the big thing with the Honeys is that they were fast and maneuverable, compared to the stationary 2 pounder. They were used to flank tanks while Sherman's attacked the front lines. The 2 pound SPG's were large and slow, making an easy target for the German Africa korps.