Matchmaking and competative gameplay

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Matchmaking and competative gameplay

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Thu 9 Mar 2017 10:14

Please describe what you would like to see in Steel Division.

I really hope Eugen Systems learned from the Wargame Series. A good working matchmaking is very important. I really hope Steel Division will bring content for casual gamers and clans. I would really like to see tournaments and leagues. There are enough games out, where such matchmakers are perfectly integrated :)

Also it would be great if ranked modes are not that much limited as in Wargame (only 1v1 and 2v2 is not "up to date" anymore).

So what did you expect and maybe you have examples for perfect working matchmakers in other games^^

Coal143
Master Sergeant

Re: Matchmaking and competative gameplay

Postby Coal143 » Thu 9 Mar 2017 10:57

10v10 ranked

Selkares
Brigadier

Postby Selkares » Thu 9 Mar 2017 11:03

The minium I'd like is the following:
1v1 and 2v2 ranked (more is quite utopial)
Matchmaking for 1v1 to 10v10 games, where any number of friends can join, play together and be automatically joined by other groups or individual players.

Tournaments and leagues would be cool, but that's more a nice to have than a minimal requirement for me as it can be done quite easily outside the game.

5P00N3D
Master Sergeant

Postby 5P00N3D » Thu 9 Mar 2017 11:15

64v64 ranked

deadnation
Command Sergeant Major

Postby deadnation » Thu 9 Mar 2017 11:25

Please make the match making the first thing player see when they open multiplayer menu. BIG, and easy to notice ranked search. And hide the custom matches somewhere on side behind separated menu. Having both (ranked and non ranked custom matches) isn't enough you need to make so people get used to play on ranked matchmaking instead of custom matches. Or we will have same situation we had with all wargames: No one playing ranked (well 1-4 in que at the best) and people stacking against noobs in custom games.

And please do not let player check opponents/teammates stats before match only after the match ends. So we might get matches played instead of everyone trying to get team of good players against bad players. The simply feature that allowed you to check players stats in the lobby made getting full lobbies 10 times harder in red dragon than it was in other wargames. Even when red dragon had much more players playing/online.

Crotou
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Crotou » Thu 9 Mar 2017 11:27

I would like to see :

- ranked mode with ELO system
- no mirror games in ranked mode
- no level nor ELO rating nor stats visible in lobbies
- a real MM system for non ranked games : a player/team stacks in a one side lobby, then clicks on a "Play" button and is automatically matched with another player/team.
- a custom games mode where people can do as in any Wargame : you host a lobby where you can choose exotic settings and kick anyone.

nande
Lieutenant

Postby nande » Thu 9 Mar 2017 16:47

Crotou wrote:- no mirror games in ranked mode
why? Would you enjoy being forced onto the weaker side

Crotou
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Crotou » Thu 9 Mar 2017 17:15

Mirror games are boring as hell.

If you don't want to be forced on the weaker side, just play the other side. :mrgreen:

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 9 Mar 2017 17:23

Crotou wrote:Mirror games are boring as hell.

That's very subjective. Some mirror match ups in Red Dragons 1vs1 were actually incredibly interesting.

Crotou
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Crotou » Thu 9 Mar 2017 17:36

Just a reminder :
Please describe what you would like to see in Steel Division.

Mirror games bore me to death whatever game we are talking about. (Go watch Protoss vs Protoss on Starcraft 2 and dare tell me you liked it :mrgreen: )

100% subjectivity : WEE ranked was only NATO vs Pact. I really liked this philosophy from Eugen. That's one of the many points that make WEE the best Wargame of the three. ;)

Something less subjective : A game presented by its publisher and developers as the most realistic WW2 rts ever could hardly propose Axies vs Axies games. (I'm sure Madmat will pop-up with an example of such confrontation)