Which divisons?

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Re: Which divisons?

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Sat 11 Mar 2017 12:19

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Will we get a French Canadian division?

There wasn't a French Canadian-only division.
Quebeckers units were integrated in regular army divisions, such as the Fusiliers Mont-Royal or Régiment de Maisonneuve in the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division, or the Régiment de la Chaudière in the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division. By the way, this latter regiment was the one of whom might be the most badass WW2 soldier, the legendary Léo Major.

We'll have some French Canadian voice acting to represent them by the way ... 8-)

Would it be safe to say the budget is the highest you've had for Steel Division?

marecek05
Command Sergeant Major

Postby marecek05 » Mon 13 Mar 2017 18:11

I wonder whether there will be depicted some independent brigade elements allowing for inclusion of some units into another division. This would allow me to switch Moderna in my sig for a Cromwell or Firefly. Should I start searching for a good pic MadMat? ;)

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 13 Mar 2017 18:28

marecek05 wrote:I wonder whether there will be depicted some independent brigade elements allowing for inclusion of some units into another division. This would allow me to switch Moderna in my sig for a Cromwell or Firefly. Should I start searching for a good pic MadMat? ;)

Given their late entry into the normandy campaign i was thinking it to be a british unit, i thought 6th guards tank brigade would be 1 but MadMat said he never heard of 6th guards before when i did a typo iirc, so thats out.

Though given that cromwells were only really given to recce forces outside of the 7th armoured and the Czech brigade, it does make me think they will be in, given the 7th armoured are not in.

Shrike
Major-General

Postby Shrike » Mon 13 Mar 2017 18:41

Atleast the Churchill should make it in.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 13 Mar 2017 18:52

Shrike wrote:Atleast the Churchill should make it in.

15th Division had churchills(or at least was backed up by churchills from the 9 RTR), so they will deffo be in :)

So was the 51st iirc by the same boys, either way, any Scottish Division in the game "should" have access.

marecek05
Command Sergeant Major

Postby marecek05 » Tue 14 Mar 2017 16:02

Mitchverr wrote:
marecek05 wrote:I wonder whether there will be depicted some independent brigade elements allowing for inclusion of some units into another division. This would allow me to switch Moderna in my sig for a Cromwell or Firefly. Should I start searching for a good pic MadMat? ;)

Given their late entry into the normandy campaign i was thinking it to be a british unit, i thought 6th guards tank brigade would be 1 but MadMat said he never heard of 6th guards before when i did a typo iirc, so thats out.

Though given that cromwells were only really given to recce forces outside of the 7th armoured and the Czech brigade, it does make me think they will be in, given the 7th armoured are not in.

I will keep my hopes high and start searching for a good picture of a cromwell. Would be nice to hear Czech (and maybe hopefully Slovak too) voiceacting. Also, we would get to keep CornProducts around...

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Tue 14 Mar 2017 19:01

marecek05 wrote:Also, we would get to keep CornProducts around...

That might be a good argument not to do Czech/Slovak voice acting :D
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.

Object199
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Object199 » Tue 14 Mar 2017 19:41

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:Would it be safe to say the budget is the highest you've had for Steel Division?

*cries in RII:TW*

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 15 Mar 2017 01:39

Mitchverr wrote:Though given that cromwells were only really given to recce forces outside of the 7th armoured and the Czech brigade

Weren't the Czech. the only ones (aside from a few with the commandos) to have Centaurs in Normandy, and not Cromwells?

Wicca
First Sergeant

Postby Wicca » Wed 15 Mar 2017 01:46

Czech mate.. you got us there madmat!