Private

Re: Final VIP Beta keys giveaway

Postby ghostdog_688 » Wed 15 Mar 2017 21:13

post #1

***Cts***
Sergeant First-Class

Postby ***Cts*** » Wed 15 Mar 2017 21:14

So since Papa is AFK (Last active: Wed 15 Mar 2017 19:46) are we forced to wait or is there someone else to contact....

Shifu
Major-General

Postby Shifu » Wed 15 Mar 2017 21:31

PMs must be directed to PapaYankee, unfortunately there's no other contact person right now.

In your PM, please include at least your email address (the one you provided in the form when applying for the key) and name.

Including in the PM other information you've also provided in the form should also help to verify you.

Currently, I am unaware of how Eugen wishes to proceed, but you might want to provide an alternative email from a different provider they can send the key to (not a @gmx.de). I cannot guarantee that this is necessary or Eugen will take the new email to solve the problem.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

Shifu
Major-General

Postby Shifu » Wed 15 Mar 2017 21:33

willybrandt wrote:
PapaYankee wrote:Hey guys, if you haven't received your key yet (AND YOUR APPLICATION WAS VALID!), send me a PM, I'll check it out.

Apparently, GMX.de doesn't like our provider.

Should i send you a PM with my Email adress or what should i send you to verify my gmx adress?
Exactly. Email and name, if you want include other information you provided in the registration form as well. See my post above.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.

***Cts***
Sergeant First-Class

Postby ***Cts*** » Wed 15 Mar 2017 21:38

Well waiting it is ...tnx for your help and replays Shifu....

Shifu
Major-General

Postby Shifu » Wed 15 Mar 2017 21:55

Small update after I've spoken with [Eug]MadMat: Some emails are just delayed by a few hours (apparently some providers are not sure whether the email is spam or not)

If the email is completely dropped (your provider considered it spam then) and must be resend (or the problem solved in another way), you will have to wait until tomorrow, unfortunately, as PapaYankee isn't working anymore, but manages distributions of the keys.

############################

Also, I added following guide on what to do to the OP in case further people have the problem:

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR BETA KEY YET (despite having filled out the form). Do the following:

1. Check your spam folder for a mail called "Your Steel Division: Normandy 44 VIP Beta key". The emails apparently get marked as spam quite often. If there's no such email, proceed with 2.
  2. If you are a new poster with less than 2 posts, create two posts in this topic (content is irrelevant). Else, proceed to 3.
  3. Send a Private Message (PM) to PapaYankee (click here to get to his profile).
    • In the PM, include at least the email you used in the registration form and your name. Also, you should state in the subject why you are sending this PM (something along the lines "received no key").
    • You may also provide other information (you had to provide in the registration form) to help PapaYankee verifying that you are entitled to a key.
    • Currently, I am unaware of how Eugen wishes to proceed, but you might want to provide an alternative email from a different provider they can send the key to (not a @gmx.de). I cannot guarantee that this is necessary or Eugen will take the new email to solve the problem.
  4. Wait until PapaYankee responds or you receive an email (I don't know what is going to happen). PM-ing other people does not help as they cannot do anything but relay your PM to PapaYankee.
  5. Profit!

It looks like gmx.de does not like Eugen's emails as mostly (only?) gmx.de is concerned. Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience.
If you need further help, post in this topic.

***Cts***
Sergeant First-Class

Postby ***Cts*** » Wed 15 Mar 2017 22:04

Yea, just got mine....gmx delays them it seems....

tnx for the support tho

Shifu
Major-General

Postby Shifu » Wed 15 Mar 2017 22:06

Cool, that's good news! Here's hope that anyone will get their key then within the next few hours!

Enjoy the beta :)

Tipsy3000
Private

Postby Tipsy3000 » Wed 15 Mar 2017 22:38

1st post so I can contact Papayankee 2nd to follow shortly

Tipsy3000
Private

Postby Tipsy3000 » Wed 15 Mar 2017 22:38

and then a 2nd post to contact papayankee