Destructable Buildings?(?)

molnibalage
General

Re: Destructable Buildings?(?)

Postby molnibalage » Fri 17 Mar 2017 10:32

Fade2Gray wrote:he said cover AND concealment, stop twisting what he said around. I don't know why you are still making this losing argument, but just stop.

In close combat granades and mortars are very important. If a building has no roof what protection do you have against these...? Not only rifle weapons are in urban combat...

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 17 Mar 2017 19:58

molnibalage wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:he said cover AND concealment, stop twisting what he said around. I don't know why you are still making this losing argument, but just stop.

In close combat granades and mortars are very important. If a building has no roof what protection do you have against these...? Not only rifle weapons are in urban combat...

It takes some serious mad skillz to airburst a grenade. Also, if someone chucks a grenade at you, you realize being in an enclosed area is actually a bit of a bad thing? A roof over your head makes the detonation even worse. As for artillery, nice to see that you are ignoring previous arguments.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Terracos
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Terracos » Tue 21 Mar 2017 17:15

Will be hard to implement i think, as partially destroyed buildings increase the defenders advantage in case of infantry warfare (cover, concealment) it limits the use of heavy weaponery inside the town massively. loads of roads will be blocked by debries. This limits the possibility for counter offensives out of a destroyed town massively. Also one more drawback is the fact, that bombed buildings also can collapse later and actually kill infantry that went back into the building, especially if there is still bombardement going on. This would request multiple collapse cycles.