Thoughts about Towns

HrcAk47
Colonel

Re: Thoughts about Towns

Postby HrcAk47 » Wed 15 Mar 2017 01:51

Mike wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:
Mike wrote:I think it comes down to if AT guns can be "concealed" or at least effectively used in towns. We'll find out tomorrow.

In Men of War you used to have a bush you could plant... anywhere, even on concrete, and it would totally conceal your PaK 40 :mrgreen:

Comfirmed for bush size!

They couldn't possibly be that huge.

The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 15 Mar 2017 02:28

HrcAk47 wrote:
Mike wrote:I think it comes down to if AT guns can be "concealed" or at least effectively used in towns. We'll find out tomorrow.

In Men of War you used to have a bush you could plant... anywhere, even on concrete, and it would totally conceal your PaK 40 :mrgreen:

Entirely realistic ;) .

I do hope that AT guns get stealth and that their stealth is proportional to their size. Battlefield concealed 88mm FlaK 36s and indeed 17lbers are not happening but you could hide a 37mm PaK with Steilgranate behind a disgarded cigarette packet.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Now with Spreadsheet!
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Wed 15 Mar 2017 02:48

What I am looking forward to are the machinegun tripods. Will we get those?

Those could be able to fire from houses.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 15 Mar 2017 03:03

HrcAk47 wrote:What I am looking forward to are the machinegun tripods. Will we get those?

Those could be able to fire from houses.

Real men fire everything from the hip. EVERYTHING.

Courtesy of KattiValk

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 15 Mar 2017 06:06

Mike wrote:I'm sitting here, not paying too much attention to my online class...

This is exactly why I do not do online classes, I just know I'd fuck off completely in them.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Wicca
First Sergeant

Postby Wicca » Wed 15 Mar 2017 11:25

I hope there will be some cool animation of infantry moving from building to building.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 15 Mar 2017 13:46

Fade2Gray wrote:
Mike wrote:I'm sitting here, not paying too much attention to my online class...

This is exactly why I do not do online classes, I just know I'd fuck off completely in them.

I get good grades in the class and other online classes, but I can't pay attention with this guy. He's about 75 and gets side tracked every 2 minutes or so.
Courtesy of KattiValk

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Fri 17 Mar 2017 20:02

Any faction with an anti-tank rifles or heavy MGs (thinking 13.2/15mm) is going to be killer in towns. They may not be outright tank killers but they're going to be the terror of light tanks and afvs. I'd imagine they'd be highly effective tools for the suppression of tanks and assault guns trying to support pushes as well, especially as these weapons could be easily employed from the cover and concealment of buildings.

I'll be very interested to see if the 2.8 cm sPzB 41 makes it in with the FallschirmJager in game. As well as some of the other less known AT like the Solothurn AT rifles.
The 2.8 sPzB 41 could get through 41-50mm of RHA at 60° at 500m with its tungsten squeezebore round so it's a not so inconsiderable weapon.

I think that [Not Yet Included] Italian divisions will be very interesting in this respect with their use of the Solothurn S18-100/1000 20mm anti-tank rifles (used by Germany and possibly Romania/Hungary as well?) as well as an interesting grab bag of 13.2/20mm HMGs/ACs in infantry mounts.

The Italians when eventually implemented will be very difficult to handle with light and medium forces. With this in mind I can only imagine how trollish Guards troops with Boys (or on the other side PTRS/PTRD) are going to be when nested up in a town.
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby M4jor » Mon 20 Mar 2017 15:21

Anything is better than city blocks and teleporting infantry.