Let vehicles recover from "Bailed out" critical

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Let vehicles recover from "Bailed out" critical

Postby Mister Maf » Sat 29 Apr 2017 06:34

It seems somewhat silly to me that when a crew abandons their vehicle, they never get back in, even when the coast is clear. The vehicle is effectively dead, even when the crew isn't. Why is this critical permanent? Why should a 2-star Panzer IV command tank crew basically just abandon the fight, even when the frontline has since shifted far past them and they are essentially in the back line, well away from any enemy?

I suggest that vehicles should recover from the "Bailed out" critical after not taking any fire for 1 minute.

Thoughts?

duro909
Lieutenant

Re: Let vehicles recover from "Bailed out" critical

Postby duro909 » Sat 29 Apr 2017 07:53

+1
... and Malware-free banner too!

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Postby HaryPL » Sat 29 Apr 2017 13:21

Seems like good idea, +1.
If bailed out then not dead, so eventually they should get back to work. If not then change the name of critic for something else.

Saavedra
Warrant Officer

Postby Saavedra » Sat 29 Apr 2017 13:47

The thing that´s strange about it is that the crew is bailed out but the vehicle is still taking up space in the UI as if it was active.

That said, I think one of my tanks recovered from a bail out status, but I cannot guarantee it 100%.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Sat 29 Apr 2017 13:53

Mister Maf wrote:It seems somewhat silly to me that when a crew abandons their vehicle, they never get back in, even when the coast is clear. The vehicle is effectively dead, even when the crew isn't. Why is this critical permanent? Why should a 2-star Panzer IV command tank crew basically just abandon the fight, even when the frontline has since shifted far past them and they are essentially in the back line, well away from any enemy?

I suggest that vehicles should recover from the "Bailed out" critical after not taking any fire for 1 minute.

Thoughts?

+100, this is really BS.

eMeM
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby eMeM » Sat 29 Apr 2017 14:45

Saavedra wrote:The thing that´s strange about it is that the crew is bailed out but the vehicle is still taking up space in the UI as if it was active.

That said, I think one of my tanks recovered from a bail out status, but I cannot guarantee it 100%.

Back in the closed beta I had a bailed out halftrack crew return, but maybe it was a bug.

DragonPunch
Private First-Class

Postby DragonPunch » Sat 29 Apr 2017 19:41

+1

Nathan des Lessings
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Nathan des Lessings » Sat 29 Apr 2017 19:43

Mister Maf wrote:It seems somewhat silly to me that when a crew abandons their vehicle, they never get back in, even when the coast is clear. The vehicle is effectively dead, even when the crew isn't. Why is this critical permanent? Why should a 2-star Panzer IV command tank crew basically just abandon the fight, even when the frontline has since shifted far past them and they are essentially in the back line, well away from any enemy?

Thoughts?

Yep sounds good.
Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sat 29 Apr 2017 19:45

Wouldn't they scuttle the tank before they bail?

axnone
First Sergeant

Postby axnone » Sat 29 Apr 2017 19:55

Detracks too. God it was heartbreaking seeing my newly spawned Jumbo being detracked by planes 1.5km from the frontlines.

Yes I am aware that it takes ages to repair tracks IRL, but for the sake of gameplay even vanishing trucks are implemented, track repairs shouldn't be ludicrous?

maybe make it that only supply trucks could fix them at the cost of some supply points, make track repairs very time consuming so that you will be punished but not bummed.
二营长你他娘的PLZ-45呢,给我拉来!
Spoiler : :
A better Zhanshi`85(`90) for China!
RPG and\or price buff,Type 81 optional.
Dream come true?
:arrow: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59331#p1019327