I am not an expert in WWII by any means, but... I would argue that if a crew bails out of a tank, they have already done the "how safe am I in here" calculation, and the result is pretty clear: they are not.
Imagine you are in a tank. Crew compartments are small, cramped, dark spaces. You know you are surrounded by a hell of a lot of steel, but you also know it can be pierced and, if it is, there is a chance the penetration will hit your fuel tanks or ammo. You are not going to bail because you hear a loud impact on your armour, because that´s probably a shell that was stopped... but if there is a penetration, chances are you will know. The shell will go into the crew compartment and cause smoke, sparks, and all manner of injuries ranging from concussions to dismemberment. You will be confused, you will be partially blinded by the smoke, your fellow crewmen will scream (so will you), and if you are still calm enough to think, one of the first thoughts that will probably come to your mind will be "if we have been penetrated once, we can be penetrated again". Bailing out would be the best choice you can take in a panicky situation, and you probably are in panic. You COULD be wrong about that, but you are in a tank: you don´t have a lot of situational awareness to help you figure out anything about your enemy. And most AT guns and tanks that you think may have just penetrated you probably don´t take too long to reload, so you can´t just sit there and hope that was just a lucky fluke or that the situation changed dramatically in the last few seconds, and your enemy is suddenly unable to fire again.
Some users have pointed out that you can be shot while trying to bail. While perhaps quite likely, I imagine most tank crews would prefer that to burning to death inside their tank, and humans have a funny way of thinking: we sometimes prefer the likelier but less painful death to the less likely but excruciating one. If you have a 60% chance of dying from getting shot, but you have a 40% chance of slowly burning up, which one do you choose?
Of course you will bail out.
That is the personal context. Now consider the historical one.
Bear in mind that 1944 comes after 1942, the Allies had been fighting in Africa already, and using Shermans to boot (the most numerous tank the Allies had, as far as I know). What they found was that Shermans would burn easily when the ammo was hit. I don´t remember when the wet ammo storage was implemented, but the possibility of a tank blowing out from inside is unlikely to escape anyone´s memory. A number of us still assume wrongly that the Sherman was a death trap (it was, in fact, possibly one of the safest tanks to operate with... because bailing out of it was easier than bailing out of the Tiger, the T-34 or the Cromwell).
And the Allies know the Germans have tanks perfectly capable of causing the total destruction of a Sherman. The Tiger was first encountered by the Western Allies in Africa and had such a fearsome reputation that Allied tank crews in Normandy would regularly mistake Panzer IVs for Tigers and react as expected. They also met the anti-tank version of the 88mm. And I´m pretty sure they already knew about the Panther. So yeah, if the Allied tank crews were already that scared before going into combat, I don´t think they were all that much against bailing out during battle.
Not that their German counterparts were much better off. If I remember correctly, while the impact of air attacks against ground troops in Normandy was vastly overstated, it was still absolutely terrifying. German crews would bail out of their tanks during the attack, at least. I assume they reembarked afterwards.
So no. I really, really, really don´t think most crews would remount their vehicle in the midst of combat in Normandy, 1944. This critical does not really add a lot in terms of gameplay when it comes to being different to crew killed or fuel/ammo explosion, but I still consider it a nice touch in terms of realism. I also wonder if this critical is easier to achieve when the enemy is low on morale... and if it is not, I would be all for it.