Asymetric balance of Jerries VS allies in Normandy 44

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Re: Asymetric balance of Jerries VS allies in Normandy 44

Postby I WUB PUGS » Wed 17 May 2017 18:29

I think you guys are asking for something that is extremely fractional for a game that expresses accuracy in whole numbers.

Accuracy is fine on fighters.

If you've got some actual data showing the FW190 was significantly more accurate than say the P-51, then submit it to Eugen so the FW190 can get it's +1 ACC.

Mephistopheles
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Mephistopheles » Tue 23 May 2017 10:09

Terracos wrote:Aswell as the recoil in MGs and Cannons in Wings can lead to vibrations. The same also happens in the hull, but the hull is stiffer than the wings that are rather flexible. This leads to a higher precision for hull mounted weapons, but wing mounted weapons during WW2 had the advantage to spread the projectiles in a wider cone. As this sounds like less accuracy it actually helps in hitting moving targets.
Dogfights are a dynamic fight. You cannot hunt flying birds with a sniper you use a shotgun. Now in AA combat its a tradeoff between a small cone (small area, high bullet density) vs a big cone (big area, small bullet density). The small cone is less likely to hit but hits are more dangerous due to multiple impacts and high dmg, while big cones lead to more chance of hitting but in general less bullets hitting the target.

They do not have bigger cones on aircrafts with wingmounted guns since during Dogfights fighterpilots constantly change the convergance of their guns to match the range to the target. If the enemy fighter is 500 m away setting the convergance to that distance means that all guns will aim at the same point and cut eachother at 500 m.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Tue 23 May 2017 10:39

Mephistopheles wrote:
Terracos wrote:Aswell as the recoil in MGs and Cannons in Wings can lead to vibrations. The same also happens in the hull, but the hull is stiffer than the wings that are rather flexible. This leads to a higher precision for hull mounted weapons, but wing mounted weapons during WW2 had the advantage to spread the projectiles in a wider cone. As this sounds like less accuracy it actually helps in hitting moving targets.
Dogfights are a dynamic fight. You cannot hunt flying birds with a sniper you use a shotgun. Now in AA combat its a tradeoff between a small cone (small area, high bullet density) vs a big cone (big area, small bullet density). The small cone is less likely to hit but hits are more dangerous due to multiple impacts and high dmg, while big cones lead to more chance of hitting but in general less bullets hitting the target.

They do not have bigger cones on aircrafts with wingmounted guns since during Dogfights fighterpilots constantly change the convergance of their guns to match the range to the target. If the enemy fighter is 500 m away setting the convergance to that distance means that all guns will aim at the same point and cut eachother at 500 m.

I'm unaware of any aircraft that can change the convergence of its guns in flight. It's usually a task performed by ground crew, although I know that during the Battle of Britain some pilots illegally modified their aircraft to have a closer convergence range to provide more focused damage and ease shooting down bombers with just MGs. Is it possible that you're thinking of changing the gunsight settings so that it computes lead better?

In terms of stat differences, if you want to buff German fighters I think the easiest thing to do is probably to just give German fighters their (realistic) higher HE/s/cannon thanks to mine-shells.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Now with Spreadsheet!
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan