the word optimization

KorzunK
Private

the word optimization

Postby KorzunK » Tue 16 May 2017 05:56

Greetings, I like the wargame series, but the SD44 game disappoints with its poor performance, it does not look much better than WG RD, but as far as it works slowly, it's just a failure - even at minimal settings the performance of the game is simply awful. Do you plan to optimize the game? Why new divisions if it is simply impossible to play? If everything is as it is now, I very much regret that I got your game, WG RD works at high settings with a beautiful picture and 60fps SD44 even at low settings produces something like 20-25fps and thus the picture is simply awful. Yes, let's say it is more demanding, but you are already doing the fourth game on one engine, you should know the word "optimization".
Sorry for my awful english

Aikmofobi
Lieutenant

Re: the word optimization

Postby Aikmofobi » Wed 17 May 2017 16:55

Works fine for me with my GPU from 2013 at almost a constant 72 fps. It is approaching 100% almost all the time though. Some GPUs appear to have more problems than others, let them know yours. Also, BETA.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Thu 18 May 2017 21:44

One could speculate that when game engines are developed with new features added 1) they become heavier and require more up to date hardware 2) some old things might break and new ones obviously are not yet fully optimized/stabilized.

It's possible they had a larger budget for engine development than with the two latest wargames. Anybody remember such complaints from ALB and RD launch times?

FoxZz
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby FoxZz » Fri 19 May 2017 02:06

SD is also a lot more detailed than WRD, graphics in WRD were beautifull but very simple and homogenous. SD graphics are first and foremost at the 1:1 scale, very detailed with plenty of micro-terrain features, detailed textures, leafs, buildings are destroyable, the frontline moves in real time which is more demanding than fixed zones, etc.

All and all I'd say it's a game that needs a lot more power than WRD which was very light for its time. We're getting something more in the average of the other games. That being said, I think there is still plenty of optimisation to do. Hope they'll improve this.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Wed 24 May 2017 16:48

Now that SD has been released, it seems to be much better optimized. Even in the armory I have more than 30fps with high quality.

Great job Eugen.

KorzunK
Private

Postby KorzunK » Thu 25 May 2017 07:04

Sorry, but I did not see the optimization after the release, the only way was to turn off the grass. But this does not affect the result, in the middle of the match, there are wild saggings of the game speed with this FPS I have 30-40. A detailed map outside the playing field is certainly cool, but no more, I think it's just an extra gesture taking away the resources of the player's computer. The game was a success, but I want to believe that it will be brought to the ideal.