Steel Division sales...

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Steel Division sales...

Postby Holy_crap » Sun 25 Jun 2017 09:03

Steel Deadvision
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Sun 25 Jun 2017 11:18

Unfortunately not stainless.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Erich Honecker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Erich Honecker » Sun 25 Jun 2017 11:48

Holy_crap wrote:Steel Deadvision

More like Ded Division, I don't know why it is almost ded, maybe because Eugene too lazy and too slow for make the game without bugs crashes and disconnections and with optimization?

Dundradal
Corporal

Postby Dundradal » Sun 25 Jun 2017 17:41

I'm just surprised at the number of obvious errors that were fine in RD. These are just some things I noticed before even getting into the game.

The whole thing with chat now is nuts. You can't see it until you jump into a lobby and it defaults to the global, not lobby, channel. Why?

You can't view the other lobbies while in a game lobby.

You can't have a postgame chat with your teammates or opponents because it kicks you out.

Anytime anyone joins or leaves a lobby the chat kicks you out of the text bar and you have to click on it to be able to type.

Why is there a need for a billion 10v10 servers? I get that they might have thought, at first, they'd need them all (although, why not roll out with 5 and add them if needed, not launch with 15 or whatever), but I've never seen more than 2 or 3 actually full, and that was when the game first came out.

It seems like, in a lot of ways, the UI for SD is a step backwards. Some of the obvious RD improvements and streamlines were not implemented, and it doesn't make sense. Yeah, Warchat could be annoyingly brutal, but you just ignored it. Now, it's dead. Which I wonder if that played a role in what's happening. SD makes it very difficult to actual talk to other players. Whereas in RD, you can talk to them while you think about a single player campaign to play.

And that's just on chat-related stuff...nevermind things in game...

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Sun 25 Jun 2017 18:01

So you are saying Warchat is evil, but it's a necessary evil?
Seems legit.

The worst thing is not being able to explore the "armory" while waiting in a lobby.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Dundradal
Corporal

Postby Dundradal » Sun 25 Jun 2017 19:10

nuke92 wrote:So you are saying Warchat is evil, but it's a necessary evil?
Seems legit.

The worst thing is not being able to explore the "armory" while waiting in a lobby.

No, I wasn't saying it was evil. It most certainly has annoying moments when people flood it with stupid crap, but you can just ignore them. Warchat allowed people to quickly talk to each other. It made it seem like you weren't all alone in your menus. SD has you hardly interacting with people or makes it more difficult than it needs to be.

My bigger comments were aimed at why SD lacks many of those features found in RD. As in, what could have justified their removal? What did taking it away add? It would appear nothing. If anything, it took away a lot.

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Sun 25 Jun 2017 23:13

Come on eugen. Just sell us ALB again.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

Ultimaratio
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Ultimaratio » Mon 26 Jun 2017 12:40

So it shares the destiny of AoA? Well i have not bought it because It is only Allies vs Germany. I suppose it is getting boring to play always with the same stuff.
Peace to the Shacks! War on the Palaces!-Georg Büchner

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Mon 26 Jun 2017 13:29

Huh, seems to me like AoA all over again. Can anyone melt it down to me what will be happening next?
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Mon 26 Jun 2017 17:53

integ3r wrote:Come on eugen. Just sell us ALB again.

Announcing SD2! 30 years in the future, with a dozen new unit types including interceptors, helicopters, IFVs, radar AA! With the new deckbuilding system you also get TWO games in ONE :!: :!: