Steel Division sales...

captaincarnage
Major

Re: Steel Division sales...

Postby captaincarnage » Mon 26 Jun 2017 18:16

Its a bit odd, but its surely early days for SD, the game itself has got some very decent reviews and is IMO much more interesting than their previous new game, for me the biggest bug bear has been the performance and disconnects issues which are only now really starting to be resolved to the extent i'm no longer experiencing any problems with the game, it was virtually unplayable for me during closed beta and had some significant issues for me in open beta and full release.

The half assed match making is also deeply disappointing and seems to have made things worse not better in the context of finding games. Hopefully its not too late to salvage this...

Maybe its rose tinted spectacles but i don't remember the same number of technical bugs troubling RD or AOA, i can't think of many things more certain to kill a games popularity particularly one with so much nuance as performance issues and disconnects, it makes learning the game very disheartening.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 26 Jun 2017 21:39

I could barely run the game on min specs, when I could RD on medium easily. That rubbed the the wrong way a bit.
Courtesy of KattiValk

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Fri 30 Jun 2017 08:42

Fun fact. According to the setting poll for wg4 only about half of fans of the most popular settings (90s or modern day) were interested in ww2. So while ww2 was the third most popular, there werent much overlap with voters who preferred cold war or modern settings.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri 30 Jun 2017 17:55

integ3r wrote:Fun fact. According to the setting poll for wg4 only about half of fans of the most popular settings (90s or modern day) were interested in ww2. So while ww2 was the third most popular, there werent much overlap with voters who preferred cold war or modern settings.

I was one. Though, Cold War was first on my list.
Courtesy of KattiValk

SpitfireMK-Pony
Warrant Officer

Postby SpitfireMK-Pony » Mon 10 Jul 2017 20:23

Mike wrote:I could barely run the game on min specs, when I could RD on medium easily. That rubbed the the wrong way a bit.

This was my issue as well.... Could Run Red Dragon on settings just shy of the highest, could only run SD on Potato Graphics where everything was an unfocused blob.... So I refunded it and bought RUST :roll:

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon 10 Jul 2017 20:46

SpitfireMK-Pony wrote:
Mike wrote:I could barely run the game on min specs, when I could RD on medium easily. That rubbed the the wrong way a bit.

This was my issue as well.... Could Run Red Dragon on settings just shy of the highest, could only run SD on Potato Graphics where everything was an unfocused blob.... So I refunded it and bought RUST :roll:

I honestly haven't played it that much because that turned me off. :(
Courtesy of KattiValk

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Tue 11 Jul 2017 03:13

throwaway wrote:
integ3r wrote:Come on eugen. Just sell us ALB again.

Announcing SD2! 30 years in the future, with a dozen new unit types including interceptors, helicopters, IFVs, radar AA! With the new deckbuilding system you also get TWO games in ONE :!: :!:

Shut up and take my money! :mrgreen:

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Postby Hob_Gadling » Thu 13 Jul 2017 02:48

Sleksa wrote:However, it also means that as a sideproduct there's never been a real positive attitude towards the people who look at the game from a competitive angle.

I would like to point out that I'm actively hostile to the idea of making this a competitive game. Eugen aren't good at making the bits that are required for a competitive game (fair and rapid matchmaking, tight balancing, clear gameplay mechanics). Instead they could make a truly wonderful wargaming sandbox if they embraced the idea and dropped all pretense of being a RTS. Maybe some day.

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Thu 13 Jul 2017 12:35

integ3r wrote:Come on eugen. Just sell us ALBWEE again.

Better that way. Chokepoints+river clustered maps killed the game. Plus, WEE had the best explosion, fire and smoke effects.

Markenzwieback
Lieutenant

Postby Markenzwieback » Thu 13 Jul 2017 12:40

Crotou wrote:
integ3r wrote:Come on eugen. Just sell us ALBWEE again.

Better that way. Chokepoints+river clustered maps killed the game. Plus, WEE had the best explosion, fire and smoke effects.

EE maps with ALB deck system/asymmetrical nation balance and the new mechanics of RD (autocannons, tank autoloaders, etc.) please.
Off-map artillery, flamethrower infantry and artillery proliferation are the cancer of Steel Division.
Spoiler : :