Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

User avatar
Dundradal
Corporal
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat 5 Nov 2016 23:59
Contact:

Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

Postby Dundradal » Thu 8 Jun 2017 18:21

This is an annoying thing to see. As a lot of these games end up with people quitting at launch because the teams aren't even.

Please remove the countdown timer starting when 19 players are in the lobby.

User avatar
Saavedra
Warrant Officer
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu 10 Apr 2014 21:53
Contact:

Re: Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

Postby Saavedra » Thu 8 Jun 2017 21:37

Agreed.

Also, and this is on a tangent... and I know it is controversial... but could we eliminate the Destruction mode and replace it for something else?

User avatar
Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri 6 Apr 2012 07:47
Location: Adelaide South Australia
Contact:

Re: Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

Postby Hidden Gunman » Thu 8 Jun 2017 22:53

Absolutely agree to both.

Destruction mode in 10v10 adds nothing to the game.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12121
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

Postby Mike » Thu 8 Jun 2017 23:07

Hidden Gunman wrote:Absolutely agree to both.

Destruction mode in 10v10 adds nothing to the game.


It's the core Wargame player base. :P
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Dundradal
Corporal
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat 5 Nov 2016 23:59
Contact:

Re: Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

Postby Dundradal » Fri 9 Jun 2017 00:37

I'd love to see some kind of basic MP scenarios...meeting engagements are ok...but some variety would be nice.

User avatar
Saavedra
Warrant Officer
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu 10 Apr 2014 21:53
Contact:

Re: Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

Postby Saavedra » Fri 9 Jun 2017 00:49

Hidden Gunman wrote:Destruction mode in 10v10 adds nothing to the game.


Destruction mode adds nothing at all, 10v10 or 1v1. It is insipid, favours camping, and favours the Germans thanks to King Tigers and Jagdpanthers.

Given all the effort they put into finally making a Conquest system that works perfectly, they might as well ditch Destruction and replace it with something else. Anything. Like defending bases or something.

User avatar
Mister Maf
Lieutenant
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sun 15 Dec 2013 23:15
Contact:

Re: Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

Postby Mister Maf » Fri 9 Jun 2017 02:37

Saavedra wrote:
Hidden Gunman wrote:Destruction mode in 10v10 adds nothing to the game.


Destruction mode adds nothing at all, 10v10 or 1v1. It is insipid, favours camping, and favours the Germans thanks to King Tigers and Jagdpanthers.

Given all the effort they put into finally making a Conquest system that works perfectly, they might as well ditch Destruction and replace it with something else. Anything. Like defending bases or something.

This. The inter-faction design inherently favors Allies' numerical advantage in wars of attrition — unless the victory condition is attrition, in which case the heavy Axis units just farm points.

Someone on the Paradox forums suggested an attack/defend mode styled after Rush in the Battlefield games, where the attacker has to capture two zones before unlocking the next part of the map. It sounds like a great idea to me. Just have it so the attacker has to cover the zone with friendly frontline territory for 30 seconds to capture it, for example.
Image

User avatar
Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri 6 Apr 2012 07:47
Location: Adelaide South Australia
Contact:

Re: Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

Postby Hidden Gunman » Fri 9 Jun 2017 10:06

Mike wrote:
Hidden Gunman wrote:Absolutely agree to both.

Destruction mode in 10v10 adds nothing to the game.


It's the core Wargame player base. :P


And that's why we see stagnating battles which are simply grinds.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

Terracos
Sergeant First-Class
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu 26 May 2016 09:50
Contact:

Re: Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

Postby Terracos » Fri 9 Jun 2017 11:32

If they wanna keep Destruction just change the the income to avoid camping.

Instead of the leading team (map control wise) gaining income, the losing team should get decreased income.

49-45% map possesion -10%
45-40% map possesion -20%
39-35% map possesion -33%
<35% map possesion -50%

This would make even a destruction game interesting, because you actually need to contest the map to be able to buy units. Right now even when you lose map possesion you still get full income, and the additional income for the opponent team dosnt really give a great advantage.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12121
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Please Stop 10v10 Launching with 19 players

Postby Mike » Sat 10 Jun 2017 05:56

Hidden Gunman wrote:
Mike wrote:
Hidden Gunman wrote:Absolutely agree to both.

Destruction mode in 10v10 adds nothing to the game.


It's the core Wargame player base. :P


And that's why we see stagnating battles which are simply grinds.


That's the core Wargame gameplay. :lol:
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest