250 infantry division for the axis

inhari
Private

250 infantry division for the axis

Postby inhari » Fri 11 Aug 2017 03:29

Hi all , im a realy big fan of this series of games ( war game , and now steel division ) and i wish to see the 250 infantry division in the game for teh axis divisions , beso I read a lot about this spanish division formed by voluntieers and they was a realy awesome division .
I want to know your opinion about that , and if any developer or any body from teh staff read this pls consider to add this division to the game.

hope you like this idea and geve me feed back about your opinions ( and sry if my grammar is awful , I dont use english as often as i want xd )

Markenzwieback
Lieutenant

Re: 250 infantry division for the axis

Postby Markenzwieback » Fri 11 Aug 2017 09:20

The 250th Infantry Division never fought on the Western front. Hence it could only get into the game when Eugen should decided to make a DLC/game about the Eastern front. Even then its highly unlikely, unless they, for whatever reason, decide to not make it a 1944 themed game (most Spanish soldiers were ordered to come home by the end of 1943 and only some volunteers remained).
Courtesy to a discussion of the upcoming DLC for SD44. Sufficient to say, one of my
mates is very happy about the new Allied divisions. I totally don't get why... :roll:

Spoiler : :

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: 250 infantry division for the axis

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 24 Aug 2017 11:08

inhari wrote:Hi all , im a realy big fan of this series of games ( war game , and now steel division ) and i wish to see the 250 infantry division in the game for teh axis divisions , beso I read a lot about this spanish division formed by voluntieers and they was a realy awesome division .
I want to know your opinion about that , and if any developer or any body from teh staff read this pls consider to add this division to the game.

hope you like this idea and geve me feed back about your opinions ( and sry if my grammar is awful , I dont use english as often as i want xd )

As stated above, 250. Infanterie-Division, aka División Azul or Blaue Division, only ever fought on the Eastern Front, mostly on the Leningrad Front.
Besides, at the time our game is set, the division didn't exist anymore, having been disbanded. In our time frame, only a handful of platoon-size (at best) Spanish units remained, spread in several units, as some individual Spaniards had decided to stay with the Germans.

There would be a lot more divisions more fitting with both the time frame, theater and scale of the games than the 250. ID ...