Activation issue

D-M

Activation issue

Postby D-M » Tue 25 Apr 2017 17:36

I have an issue and 2 questions here :
Each time I try to activate my mod, it end up with the original ModData being activated instead. Wtf is going on ?
Here's the mod if you can spot anything : http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lwvup21h ... ndsMod.rar

Can we just attribute a random (as in keyboard mashing or just swapping digits) GUID to a descriptor as long as it is unique or is there more to it than that ?

What happens if we activate 2 mods that screw with the same data ?

Hulor
Sergeant

Re: Activation issue

Postby Hulor » Tue 25 Apr 2017 18:53

Hi,

Did you generate both ModData and your mod but never upload any of them? When you generate a mod, a config file for the mod will be generated and initialize your mod's ID to 0. If 2 mods have the same ID (0) then the first one in alphabetic order will be used.
In the case you didn't upload any mod they both have an ID == 0. You can upload your mod then hide it while you're still working on it, upload will generate a steam ID for your mod.

You can use a GUID generator like https://guidgenerator.com/online-guid-generator.aspx there is no special rules about GUID.

When you activate 2 mods which modify the same data (say Gameplay/Everything or UI/Components), the load order will decide which one will be used (load order can be modified both in Saved Games/EugenSystems/SteelDivision/mod/config.ini or in game in the ModCenter).

D-M

Postby D-M » Tue 25 Apr 2017 20:53

I only generated my mod but it produced no config file, it's only after I uploaded (and downloaded it) that I got such file. That's pretty wierd.

Hulor
Sergeant

Postby Hulor » Tue 25 Apr 2017 21:36

Your local mods are under Saved Games/EugenSystems/Steel Division/mod/[YourModName]/
You're sure that you didn't have any Config.ini in this location? Can you please look in this folder to make sure your mod's config file isn't there?
When you download a mod from the steam Workshop those are located in steamapps/workshop/content/572410/. For your work in progress mod you shouldn't have to download it to have a config file.

D-M

Postby D-M » Tue 25 Apr 2017 21:53

Hulor wrote:Your local mods are under Saved Games/EugenSystems/Steel Division/mod/[YourModName]/
You're sure that you didn't have any Config.ini in this location? Can you please look in this folder to make sure your mod's config file isn't there?
When you download a mod from the steam Workshop those are located in steamapps/workshop/content/572410/. For your work in progress mod you shouldn't have to download it to have a config file.

Yeah, no config file there, nor in the sub folders, after and before generating the mod.

Well, it kind of beg the question of whether it actually generated anything, is there a verbose mode to ModGen.exe to see if anything is going on or done ?

EDIT: just removed ModData and checked the cache to be sure to have a clean folder. modgen'ing it does not create any config file.

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 5 May 2017 23:38

Just an update : trying again with the new update don't seems to build anything, unsuprisingly. :<

D-M

Postby D-M » Thu 11 May 2017 13:09

Solved (if we can say that).

I simply did a mistake : I thought the config.ini file and ndfbin files should be in the mod folder in the game files, they actually are in the steel division saved game folder.