The worst configuration that can handle Wargame.

zeus1025
Private

Re: The worst configuration that can handle Wargame.

Postby zeus1025 » Fri 3 Aug 2012 07:16

Ok i am currrently trying to buy a new laptop to run games like this and i was wondering will a intel i7 4x 2.3 ghz processor and and nvidia geforce 650m 2gb gddr3 grphics card with 8gb of ram run the game on decent settings. Also if i am looking like a moron cuz this rig can obviously handle it and i dont know it im sorry im new to the whole world of pc gaming

BlackLabel
Sergeant First-Class

Postby BlackLabel » Fri 10 Aug 2012 10:51

Should be able to run it in acceptable details. Also get a external monitor. Cant imagine you see much on a laptop screen.

chema1994
Lieutenant General

Postby chema1994 » Sat 29 Sep 2012 00:33

OpusTheFowl wrote:I hear good things about GameBooster...haven't used it myself but friends swear by it for their lower-end PCs..

It works very fine, without this I can barely run the solo campaign

LiquidMerc
Private

Postby LiquidMerc » Fri 26 Oct 2012 00:37

Although errors exiting at times... after allowing an update pushed down from performing the "integrity check" within steam it runs flawlessly on my very old PC (app. 10 year old Asus motherboard). I'm not sure of the graphics levels for all settings but I do know they aren't at their lowest... somehwere around the middle for them. Some are higher due to my video RAM being 1 GB. :-)

Single Core Intel Pentium 4; 2.8 GHz

(2) 1 GB RAM strips (PC 3200; operating at 400 MHz); I hardly ever get close to maxing out memory usage

1 AGP HIS Radeon HD 4670 (1 GB video memory; this card whips the lamas ass! awesome throughput to video memory)

1 SATA2 500 GB Hard Disk Drive [HDD] (40 GB partition for my Windows XP 32 bit install, soon to image this over to a 70 GB SCSI drive; 460 GB, approximately, partitioned for my file storage area to be expanded after Windows moved to the SCSI drive)

1 PATA HDD (20 GB total size, all dedicated for page file use; soon to upgrade to SATA2 but not needed just want to push the envelope to max with the SATA drive)

2 SCSI 134 GB (app.) HDD striped and partitioned for installed programs (Ultra SCSI I believe; Adaptec RAID I have had it so long I forget which card; app 8 year old expansion card; I update my drive backup image every new installed program or at least when I get time to do it that is)

1 PCI SoundBlaster Audigy (the original version; tried upgrading to a new PCI card and it really needs a dual core as it makes the PC bog down; poor coding but oh well this one rocks!)

That's about it! So don't believe the hype. I get nervous but only buy games when "on-sale" on steam when they say minimum of dual core... err not true! My PC is proof of that and from what I know of the modern programmers, the newer/greener they are the less they understand the hardware or better yet how it works! Many if not most PCs are infected which degrade system performance. I scan for errors weekly and defrag almost daily to ensure maximum performance. I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware real time protection and have had no infections even surfing unknown websites! Also, a few case fans and always pump the A/C when warm so my system doesn't over-heat from higher room temps. Rock on!

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Fri 26 Oct 2012 01:12

That's interesting, LiquidMerc. When you have played for a while and finally get the urge to play multi-player, come back and report your observations. Or maybe you can find a 'Compstomp' multi-player game with 4 or 6 other players vs the AI and see how things run with a lot more calculations going on.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Thu 1 Nov 2012 17:46

Hey, since this is a configuration thread, can this setting run wargame? I just got a new laptop to replace my aging old one...

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i7 3610QM 2.3 Ghz
8gb ddr3 ram (4 gb default + 4gb upgrade)
Nvidia geforce 640m 2gb vram
1000gb hdd
It says that its directx 11, can it run wargame?
Many thanks for the attention! It will be terrible if i can't run it...

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Thu 1 Nov 2012 20:20

A respectable looking laptop for sure, stratmania, and should run WEE without a problem. I'm sure you know that $ for $ a laptop just doesn't offer the same type of gameplay experience as a desktop computer. In otherwords, don't try any extended gaming while sitting at a bus stop and connected to WiFi.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Fri 2 Nov 2012 00:52

DelroyMonjo wrote:A respectable looking laptop for sure, stratmania, and should run WEE without a problem. I'm sure you know that $ for $ a laptop just doesn't offer the same type of gameplay experience as a desktop computer. In otherwords, don't try any extended gaming while sitting at a bus stop and connected to WiFi.

Of course, but i dont need a desktop, so my laptop is my work buddy.

Shify
Sergeant

Postby Shify » Thu 6 Dec 2012 17:03

This game is running smooth on low details on my comp

IntelCore duo 1.6GHz
2MB RAM
Asus x1050 256mb
Windows Vista

When i saw the game requirements i didnt this my PC will handle it. The game is running smooth on every map even when 4v4.