Linux beta bug reports

Mawww
Sergeant

Re: Linux beta bug reports

Postby Mawww » Thu 21 Feb 2013 15:54

Hello everybody,

We just enabled a new version, with multiplatform networking support!

The Linux beta should now be able to Join Windows and MacOS games for players using the newly created beta under Windows or MacOS.

So talk to your Windows and Mac friends, have them switch to the beta (in steam, got to Wargame EE properties, and in the Betas tab select "Wargame Beta patch"), and begin testing cross platform multiplayer.

Let me know if you experience any desynchronisations, or any other bugs.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Fri 22 Feb 2013 20:14

Meh, just wanted to try that out - but steam refuses to download it (same for the marshal version - steam says, I'm linked in, but it doesn't do anything) - just a problem on my end? :D
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

Mawww
Sergeant

Postby Mawww » Mon 25 Feb 2013 10:57

Hello,

Under Linux no need to switch beta, the current version (1690000022) is compatible with people running the beta on Windows or MacOS.

It would be great to hear some feedback soon, please tell me if the multiplayer runs great or not.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Mon 25 Feb 2013 16:32

Mawww wrote:Hello,

Under Linux no need to switch beta, the current version (1690000022) is compatible with people running the beta on Windows or MacOS.

It would be great to hear some feedback soon, please tell me if the multiplayer runs great or not.
Hm, okay - well, last time i tried i saw 0 multiplayer lobbies in the menu - will try it later this day again :)
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.

Sparika
Warrant Officer

Postby Sparika » Mon 25 Feb 2013 18:57

Same for me, no game in lobby.
"You're not Stalin, and zone Bravo on Hell's Highway is not your motherland." - TheFluff
Spoiler : For her Majesty! :

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Mon 25 Feb 2013 20:40

Okay, its working now (I guess after the announced implementation) :)
edit:(at least I see games, not talking about actually playing - found no time so far :? )

salamanderrake
Corporal

Postby salamanderrake » Tue 26 Feb 2013 04:15

Is it still necessary for windows/mac users to use the beta in order to have a multiplayer match with Linux users. I had what might have been a linux issue. Had connection issues with a player, nothing special normal as usual except the player that had the connection issue was able to chat with us, and said that he was having connection issues with me. So I didn't know if that was normal or if it was a Linux issue, so I left but was unable to find out if I was the problem. Sorry about not being able to provide you with more info.

Sparika
Warrant Officer

Postby Sparika » Tue 26 Feb 2013 12:09

I can join games now but same problem as salamanderrake. Except that no one was able to resign game (only ctrl+alt+del). I will try to play other games later.
"You're not Stalin, and zone Bravo on Hell's Highway is not your motherland." - TheFluff

adlerm
Private

Postby adlerm » Tue 26 Feb 2013 18:32

I also tryed the multiplayer now... meh :?: it just does not work . It tells me that one of the other players has a connection problem when the game starts. When this point is reached I can not close the game anymore without alt+sabf+ratseb. I do not know how to get a output /start the game directly so I can not tell you more about the problem. I hope this Information may helped (and sorry for my bad English I am from germany)

Sparika
Warrant Officer

Postby Sparika » Wed 27 Feb 2013 10:56

Second game was a 1vs1 and went fine.

You can run Wargame from a terminal by running

Code: Select all

steam steam://rungameid/58610

But it doesn't show any information concerning WEE