Linux beta bug reports

ysblokje
Private

Re: Linux beta bug reports

Postby ysblokje » Wed 27 Feb 2013 23:14

Hi,

I just installed WEE through steam on my mint 14 (64bit) system with catalyst 13.1 legacy drivers and it crashes as soon as I try to launch a campaign. Both with and without logging in to the game network.

when I start from the console the following is displayed

Code: Select all

etting breakpad minidump AppID = 58610
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561197994916104 [API loaded no]
saving roaming config store to 'sharedconfig.vdf'
roaming config store 2 saved successfully
AL lib: pulseaudio.c:612: Context did not connect: Access denied
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(gameoverlayui)/version(20130224234706_client)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(gameoverlayui)/version(1.0_client)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(gameoverlayui)/version(1.0_client)
[0227/223511:WARNING:proxy_service.cc(646)] PAC support disabled because there is no system implementation
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Game removed: AppID 58610 "Wargame: European Escalation", ProcID 7623
saving roaming config store to 'sharedconfig.vdf'
roaming config store 2 saved successfully

Also I've got a core file store (compressed still around 160MB) and when using it in a backtrace this is the output

Code: Select all

gdb ./Wargame core
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.5-ubuntu
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
Reading symbols from /home/minze/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/Wargame...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
[New LWP 6609]
[New LWP 6612]
[New LWP 6610]
[New LWP 6613]
[New LWP 6585]
[New LWP 6614]
[New LWP 6618]
[New LWP 6582]
[New LWP 6584]
[New LWP 6587]
[New LWP 6594]
[New LWP 6595]
[New LWP 6593]
[New LWP 6590]
[New LWP 6598]
[New LWP 6589]
[New LWP 6583]
[New LWP 6616]
[New LWP 6592]
[New LWP 6588]
[New LWP 6586]
[New LWP 6611]
[New LWP 6617]
[New LWP 6615]

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `/home/minze/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/War'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0xf7758430 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xf7758430 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xf712adde in raise () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
#2  0xef7a3653 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/fglrx/dri/fglrx_dri.so
#3  0xf7122d4c in start_thread () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
#4  0xf705fd3e in clone () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

Hope this helps in getting this fixed.

Thanks,
Minze

lahtis
Private

Postby lahtis » Thu 28 Feb 2013 01:23

Steam Wargame is language is default Polsky. Why if im using default in english. Please fix it.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Thu 28 Feb 2013 14:01

Found this fix:
absolutnaNula wrote:_______SOUND TROUBLE________
if u have trouble with sound, then type in terminal:
aplay -l
and than edit .asoundrc
(if u using alsa) edit first line with the number of device from the "aplay -l" list
.... works for me everytime in slackware 14.0
* dont need to restart steam, works like charm immediatly
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

mindstab
Private

Postby mindstab » Thu 28 Feb 2013 17:06

Hey so I just bought the game off Steam and tried it. Unfortunately I get a really distracting sort of flashing visual artifact. Like some texture is malfunctioning.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.10, the latest steam version, an Intel hd 4000 and my laptop has 8gb of ram. I heard someone say that this can be caused by video memory being over used and turning the settings down from medium to low help a little bit at some points but didn't make it go away either by any stretch.

Any ideas? or instructions for me to get more data?

Mawww
Sergeant

Postby Mawww » Thu 28 Feb 2013 18:15

Hello,

mindstab: could you try to get a screenshot ? You can use the print screen key while in game, A screenshot file will be saved in ~/.config/EugenSystems/WarGame/screenshots/Screenshots.

ysblokje: I believe you will need the latest catalyst drivers for wargame to work well, your crash is in fglrx_dri.so so it looks like your driver is crashing.

salamanderrake
Corporal

Postby salamanderrake » Thu 28 Feb 2013 18:27

Any fix in the future for the cross platform multiplayer issues? The single player is fun enough but the main point of everyone getting this game is the multiplayer. And I would like to say damn this game is smooth on the linux box. I don't know if it was because I was playing it in wine or what but it wouldn't run as smooth as it does native. Thanks for all the work.

!!EDIT!!
Would the issue be that there are no dlc for linux causing the connection issues?

ysblokje
Private

Postby ysblokje » Thu 28 Feb 2013 23:19

Mawww,

Alas these are the latest and probably last (hence legacy) drivers for the pre hd5xxx cards from ATI/AMD.

All my other games work relatively nice since the 13.1 release. Source engine and unigine etc.

Also being a programmer myself I know that a backtrace is just a small piece in the puzzle especially when you dont have the linenumbers and code, and who knows wat other threads are doing at the same time.

I'd be happy to upload the core file somewhere and/or give more information, but no one asks for it.

I really want to play this without the nasty reboot to some other os thing ;)

Minze

Mawww wrote:Hello,

mindstab: could you try to get a screenshot ? You can use the print screen key while in game, A screenshot file will be saved in ~/.config/EugenSystems/WarGame/screenshots/Screenshots.

ysblokje: I believe you will need the latest catalyst drivers for wargame to work well, your crash is in fglrx_dri.so so it looks like your driver is crashing.

ramma
Private

Postby ramma » Fri 1 Mar 2013 10:13

Mawww wrote:Hello,

I'm on virtually the same specs as mindstab, Ubuntu 12.10, Intel HD4000, 8GB ram. Sadly taking a screenshot proved virtually impossible. Out of 100+ attempts, none had the flicker in them. I used my phone to get some images of what it looks like instead. Here's a link to the images. http://imgur.com/a/052ot

ramma
Private

Postby ramma » Fri 1 Mar 2013 11:34

Double posted, sorry.
Last edited by ramma on Fri 1 Mar 2013 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

mahead
Private First-Class

Postby mahead » Fri 1 Mar 2013 13:32

lahtis wrote:Steam Wargame is language is default Polsky. Why if im using default in english. Please fix it.

Same thing here. I did first install without checking the default language, and unfortunately it was Polish and so the game started with Polish language.

Then I changed the language from Steam settings. It didn't make difference ingame. I reinstalled the game, this time making sure the language setting was still English. It was, but the game was using Polish.

After that, I removed the game content, removed Steam and then removed the .Steam and .local/Share/Steam directories. Then I installed Steam. As expected, in this step the game language was changed back to Polish. I changed it to English and installed the game. But no difference, everything in the game is still in Polish.

Can you please help me? I would really like to try this game, but currently it's unusable.

Please ask for more information if you need anything. I'm using Kubuntu 12.10. My system language settings are in Finnish, as is the Steam. However, I did changing the Steam language to English, but neither it make any difference. The content of Steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/Install.dat has been all the time "199285".