Linux beta bug reports

User avatar
Kvothe
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon 17 Sep 2012 19:54
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Linux beta bug reports

Postby Kvothe » Thu 21 Mar 2013 15:33

Even though the beta is officially over, I hope you don't mind me posting a bug report here.

It's a minor issue though:
The display of the active deck names at the right panel is corrupted.
See screenshot (marked with red box):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133197020

It doesn't display all letters and some don't show correctly. Probably an encoding issue.

User avatar
Sparika
Warrant Officer
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat 11 Feb 2012 15:06
Location: Rennes - France
Contact:

Re: Linux beta bug reports

Postby Sparika » Tue 26 Mar 2013 15:08

c128971 wrote:I installed the game but it doesn't start. (Fedoa 17 64bits)
Tried on Windows and it works.
I don't know what to do ?


What is your exact configuration? I managed to run the game on two fedora 17 x64 so I might help you.
Image
"You're not Stalin, and zone Bravo on Hell's Highway is not your motherland." - TheFluff
Spoiler : For her Majesty! :
Image

asimok
Private
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri 16 Aug 2013 20:30
Contact:

Re: Linux beta bug reports

Postby asimok » Fri 16 Aug 2013 21:05

Problem with libssl on Fedora 19 x64:

Game update: AppID 58610 "Wargame: European Escalation", ProcID 4725, IP 0.0.0.0:0
/Steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/Wargame: libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /Steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/Wargame)
/Steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/Wargame: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by /Steam/SteamApps/common/Wargame European Escalation/Wargame)
Game removed: AppID 58610 "Wargame: European Escalation", ProcID 4725


Any idea, create wymboling links to /usr/lib/libssl.so.10 doesnt't worked for me either.

peemhq
Private
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat 21 Sep 2013 11:28
Contact:

Re: Linux beta bug reports

Postby peemhq » Sat 21 Sep 2013 11:42

Hi


The game does not start for me on Fedora 19, error about OPENSSL 1.0.0 missing :

libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found

The root of the problem is that Fedora has newer version of OpenSSL installed :

openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013


I've tried to create symlinks in the game directory to the system libssl.so and libcrypto.so, and tried to place right version openssl.so in the game directory, no luck.

Regards


EDIT [SOLVED]

I've contacted Eugen Support on this trying to solve this.
Since they officially support only Ubuntu, they response was a little generic :

Code: Select all

I can't guarantee their utility because we don't have access to Fedora
ATM, but here are some solutions you could try :
- Make symbolic link to you libssl library using the name expected by
the application.
- Prepend steam path to you LD_LIBRARY_PATH, the library are include in
the steam installation.


It took me a while to get back to this issue due to other tasks, but I've finally got it working, inspired a little with that response.

First of all, add the following to Steam runtime options for the game (or run in command line if that is how you starting the game) :

Code: Select all

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./


The main problem seems to be that game binary or steam binary is 32 bit, while my
system is 64 bit. I had to create symbolic links for several libraries pointing to a steam
32 bit versions of them :

The directory below is steam game directory, and steam libraries directory, so replace accordingly in ln and cd commands.

Code: Select all

cd /home/[user]/.local/share/Steam/SteamApp/common/Wargame\ European\ Escalation/
rm libcrypto.so.1.0.0
rm libssl.so.1.0.0
ln -s /home/[user]/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 libcrypto.so.1.0.0
ln -s /home/[user]/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdbus-glib-1.so.2 libdbus-glib-1.so.2
ln -s /home/[user]/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/libnm-glib.so.4 libnm-glib.so.4
ln -s /home/[user]/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/libnm-util.so.2 libnm-util.so.2
ln -s /home/[user]/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 libssl.so.1.0.0
ln -s /home/[user]/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/libtier0_s.so libtier0_s.so
ln -s /home/[user]/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/libvstdlib_s.so libvstdlib_s.so


After this I've got a message :

Code: Select all

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; no appID found.
Either launch the game from Steam, or put the file steam_appid.txt containing the
correct appID in your game folder.


You can ignore that if you trying ot run game through Steam, it is an issue only while running from command line.
Solution was to create the missing file :

Code: Select all

echo "58610" > steam_appid.txt


At this point however I've hit next issue :

Code: Select all

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 58610
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561197968607563 [API loaded
no]
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Eugen::EGraphicInit'
  what():  ChangeMode failure
Terminated (core dumped)


This puzzled me for a while, but strace got me onto right track. Game uses libtxc_dxtn.so for texture compression, and it was missing in my install. This can be resolved via

Code: Select all

yum install libtxc_dxtn.i686


Game now runs from command line (with the steam_appid.txt file ) and from Steam as well.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest