W:EE account.

geronimonimo
Sergeant First-Class

W:EE account.

Postby geronimonimo » Thu 2 Jun 2016 16:28

Hi,

So, I now own W:EE on both the Appstore and Steam now. I've finished the game on the Appstore version and I'd like to just unlock all units back on the Steam version since it's more reliable. Could you help me get all units back on steam?
I've already tried to get through Focus interactive's Helpdesk and none of the messages got through...
Thanks in advance!

Crotou
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: W:EE account.

Postby Crotou » Fri 3 Jun 2016 10:48

Do you have access to your profile file with the Appstore version ?

If not, I'm afraid you will have to unlock them by playing. Do you need farming partners ? (I am candidate)

geronimonimo
Sergeant First-Class

Postby geronimonimo » Fri 3 Jun 2016 18:58

well I do have a PROFILE.wargame file that essentially gives me all stars available without finishing the campaign. It just doesn't work on the steam version although I know where the file is... I'm hoping to get the corresponding file(s) compatible with the steam version.

Crotou
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Crotou » Fri 3 Jun 2016 22:33

If I remember correctly, changing your profile file requires to set Steam off and disable the synchronisation. Did you do that ?

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Sat 4 Jun 2016 13:21

As Crotou stated, it might be necessary for you to disable steam cloud sync.

Please try the following:
  1. Start Steam in the online mode, disable Steam cloud sync for the game (right-click the game -> properties -> general -> uncheck steam cloud sync)
  2. Go to Steam offline mode now
  3. Replace the files PROFILE.wargame and PROFILE_LOCALPART.wargame at C:\Users\YourUsername\Saved Games\EugenSystems\WarGame with your files.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

geronimonimo
Sergeant First-Class

Postby geronimonimo » Sun 5 Jun 2016 18:45

Well... I don't have a modified a PROFILE_LOACALPART.wargame doc... I was just provided with the other since the appstore version only required the one I currently have... Just to try, I went on offline mode in steam desynchronized the cloud, changed the PROFILE.wargame doc and removed the other but nothing happened...

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Fri 10 Jun 2016 21:16

Well, I think you'll need a PROFILE_LOCALPART.wargame for this to work. Either you get someone's .. maybe you can copy your PROFILE.wargame and rename the copy to PROFILE_LOCALPART.wargame, but I doubt so.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

geronimonimo
Sergeant First-Class

Postby geronimonimo » Sat 11 Jun 2016 04:29

Hmmm... I don't know what it contains but I suppose there is a reason why they are named differently. I'll try to get someone's then, Or if someone could send me his here, it'll very nice too

Crotou
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Crotou » Sun 12 Jun 2016 18:44

geronimonimo wrote:Hmmm... I don't know what it contains but I suppose there is a reason why they are named differently. I'll try to get someone's then, Or if someone could send me his here, it'll very nice too

You can try mine :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmoz6kqpuzrzj ... rgame?dl=0

geronimonimo
Sergeant First-Class

Postby geronimonimo » Wed 15 Jun 2016 17:27

I'm afraid it didn't work... I followed the procedure just as usual and it didn't work. Can I get your PROFILE.wargame copy? The one I tried is probably adapted for the Appstore version.
thanks!