What 5 tips would you give new players to the game?

Exanimous
Sergeant First-Class

Re: What 5 tips would you give new players to the game?

Postby Exanimous » Tue 27 Nov 2012 23:39

Best tip? RUSH, EPIC RUSH their weakest place after properly having reconnaissance throughout the critical points within the map and properly adjusting your units to be balanced against their forces whilst also defending your commands adequately ;-D

Alicuza
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Alicuza » Mon 3 Dec 2012 08:06

Best tip: Use lots of recon. And don't think you have to stick with the units under the recon tab either, take recon infantry as well.

WSXI
Sergeant

Postby WSXI » Mon 3 Dec 2012 12:12

being a bit of a numpty myself...

1) recon, recon recon!

2) preparing attacks is vitally important, attacking when you think there is a gap is likely to get you killed... :oops:

3) play a few of the campaign games first before you go onto multiplayer... you learn the basics and unlock new units, when you feel ready take the jump, then the fun starts :mrgreen:

4) be warned, MBTs are not the gods that most people think they are, NATO tends to work better in small numbers, whereas PACT can get away with large numbers.

5) NATO & PACT have differing playstyles, one requires quite a bit of fine tuning to get right, whereas the other is a bit more rough and ready - from what i've gathered anyway....

just my tips- being a numpty and all that :lol:

Exanimous
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Exanimous » Thu 6 Dec 2012 19:28

wekwek_noob wrote:1. USE armored command vehicles or at least the ones that have 10 HP.

2. Don't spam anything. Just don't but it might work on new people or people with wrong strategies.

3. Dont overdue arty. Eats your supplies.

4. Recon, recon, recon, did I say recon?

5. Protect CVs

you can spam UH HOGs by like 4-6... that's only like, 80-120 points, and can easily take out a command vehicle not very well protected at a fringe point. Worked for me countless times.

DigitalAdhesive
Corporal

Postby DigitalAdhesive » Tue 5 Feb 2013 18:57

1. Infantry almost always beats armor in forests. Never send armor into the woods to try and take out infantry, or other armor, if you can send in a few cheap infantry units, especially with recon.

2. Use recon helicopters and keep track of them. They are incredibly handy for keeping tabs on the enemy.

3. Use attack helicopters in a defensive role - it's very easy to succumb to the blood lust, overextend your helicopters, and get them shot down by cheap AA. Use them when the opportunity presents itself, but don't try and force a situation.

4. Use armored command and supply vehicles. Pretend the Jupiter and Ural don't exist.

5. Always bring some AA with any main group of units. Remember that most helicopters have five HP, so if you have a choice between AA that fires missiles that do four damage, or, for a few points more, missiles that do five damage, go for the five damage missiles every time so you don't have to hit a helicopter twice to kill it.

Alex18762
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Alex18762 » Sat 16 Feb 2013 00:05

1-AA vehicles are to be at least 100m from the main formation. Be extremely careful not to select them and unknowingly give them an attack order your MBTs are supposed to complete.
2Never use supply helicopters unless you're absolutely sure there isnt any enemy AA.
3-NEVER authorize uncorrected arytillery shots even if you have a colossal amount unless your artillery is close to the targete location. Uncorrected shots make quite a show but rarely hit anything.
4All infantry except MANPADs, ATGM squads and recons should be always deployed in forested areas.
5-If the points are available always have your long range AA vehicle stationed with at least 1 supply truck.
6-Get used to concentrating on multiple tasks that last 5-10 second time limits.
7- Unit AI is quite dumb and you have to constantly supervise your units to be effective
8-Always dicuss with your teammates who goes where.

Lcpd98
Sergeant

Postby Lcpd98 » Mon 18 Mar 2013 16:00

Ok. It's against my morals lol. Check this out; http://youtu.be/erZ2YidTZp4
It shows how war should be fought. Next time the enemy flanks you and smashes your base, you have no one but yourself to blame. :)

Lcpd98
Sergeant

Postby Lcpd98 » Mon 18 Mar 2013 16:08

Oh yeah. NEVER be away from keyboard. I've had a couple of games where we could have won but I was AFK. It costed my team a victory (and they were cursing me). Guys who see this, don't kick me out in our next game. I no longer will play AFK. :)

leroy11
First Sergeant

Postby leroy11 » Tue 23 Apr 2013 18:07

DigitalAdhesive wrote:1. Infantry almost always beats armor in forests. Never send armor into the woods to try and take out infantry, or other armor, if you can send in a few cheap infantry units, especially with recon.

No now armour can kill inf quite well. As nato try sending leo 1 or 1a2 into forest to kill inf. Its very cost effective now. As pact any of your junk tanks (34, 55, 62) can go point to point with inf in the woods.

Latest patch change inf v armour dynamic. Now people SHOULD be sending tanks into woods

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Tue 23 Apr 2013 19:25

leroy11 wrote:
DigitalAdhesive wrote:1. Infantry almost always beats armor in forests. Never send armor into the woods to try and take out infantry, or other armor, if you can send in a few cheap infantry units, especially with recon.

No now armour can kill inf quite well. As nato try sending leo 1 or 1a2 into forest to kill inf. Its very cost effective now. As pact any of your junk tanks (34, 55, 62) can go point to point with inf in the woods.

Latest patch change inf v armour dynamic. Now people SHOULD be sending tanks into woods

I'd like the name of the military 'GENIUS' Marshal who thought this was a good idea!
Illegitimi non carborundum.