Did you know that?

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Did you know that?

Postby Boogie Van » Wed 26 Dec 2012 12:51

I just wanted to make a list of things which players probably haven't realized, forgotten, or are simply completely oblivious to. I then realized that I certainly couldn't come up with an entire list of 'Did you know that?'s, but I could at least get us going.

Let's try and avoid the dead simple ones, shall we? A few of these will certainly be, but keep in mind we have a large influx of new players.

So, starting us off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJAwndDTds

Did you know that you can queue fire on position orders up multiple times to suppress infantry in cover?

Did you know that you can queue move orders to get a logistic vehicle to return to an FOB you control, fill up, and move back up to where you need it?

Did you know that ATGM helicopters will move forward while on attack order (! haven't attempted with an attack move order) and not effect the guidance of their ATGM?

Did you know that ATGM helicopters will move into their rocket range when ordered to attack a target they must close in on?

Did you know that you can use fire on position with an artillery piece to guess the location of an enemy command vehicle by figuring out when a corrected shot shows up where you have no recon?

Did you know that units will orientate themselves to the closest threat even if it's unarmed if left to their own devices?
Last edited by Boogie Van on Thu 27 Dec 2012 00:52, edited 1 time in total.

Spridder
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Did you know that?

Postby Spridder » Wed 26 Dec 2012 22:14

This is a great thread.. but i need more.. not only a did you know that thread.. but HOW do i do it?

How do i queue movements of the units?

How do i get resupply choppers to go back to a FOB and then back?
Firefitter on steam
Firefitter in Wargame

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Postby Boogie Van » Thu 27 Dec 2012 00:51

:lol:

Did you know that you can hold shift to queue your next order until the previous order was completed?

Did you know that when your cursor is a [+] and is white while hovering over another unit, your unit is capable is interacting with it? (refueling/rearm/repair with logistic vehicles, transport w/ infantry)

Did you know that ATGM units have a faster aim delay, meaning that in close enough quarters, they can usually beat out most tanks before they've even fired their main gun?

Did you know that critical hits are effected by the accuracy of a unit?

Spridder
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Spridder » Thu 27 Dec 2012 04:24

Thats the way!!!! Awesome stuff!!

Ill definitely be better for knowing that information...

Any more hints/tips??? KEEP'EM COMING!
Firefitter on steam
Firefitter in Wargame

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Postby Boogie Van » Thu 27 Dec 2012 05:04

I'm going to need a little help then!

Did you know that you can hold shift while deploying to deploy another set of the same units?

Did you know that you could queue an unload order? Unfortunately, you can't tell the infantry to move into cover afterward at the same time!

Did you know that due to the current morale mechanic, AP misses deal more morale damage than AP hits?

Did you know that units in groups will still route individually? More apparent with infantry units than vehicles.

Did you know that your units can damage friendly morale through the AP mechanic, or even their own morale by being ordered to move immediately after shooting their missile?

I'm really beginning to run out of good ones! :!:

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Thu 27 Dec 2012 06:23

Did you know that infantry morale is also affected by ATGMs?
Did you know that sometimes helicopter flies too close to trees / forests and becomes hidden for a very brief period?
Did you know that a helicopter falling and exploding will damage nearby units like a HE shell would? Happens with friendlies too.
Did you know that if an infantry unit fires on the move, its accuracy decreases?
Did you know that AA guns fire at a shorter range at ground units than at air units? Vice versa for machine guns and other automatic weapons for ground engagements
Did you know that hidden infantry is very hard to find? Youll have to go very close to it to get discovered!
Did you know that even though a unit is on a road, if its not on a move fast order it will go at the speed as seen in the unit info screen...

Ok, now im out... Time to think again

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Postby Boogie Van » Thu 27 Dec 2012 06:33

stratmania wrote:Did you know that AA guns fire at a shorter range at ground units than at air units? Vice versa for machine guns and other automatic weapons for ground engagements

That range is approximately 1226m, the same range as .50 caliber machineguns. ;)

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Thu 27 Dec 2012 07:06

Boogie Van wrote:
stratmania wrote:Did you know that AA guns fire at a shorter range at ground units than at air units? Vice versa for machine guns and other automatic weapons for ground engagements

That range is approximately 1226m, the same range as .50 caliber machineguns. ;)

Really? I think i fired at a ground unit at 1400m if im not mistaken... Oh well...

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Postby Boogie Van » Thu 27 Dec 2012 09:57

At one point, I believe before the heavy tank meta, the anti-ground range was different. Circa release, the range for anti-ground engagement was the same as the number listed in the armory!

Did you know that size does not have any effect on a unit being discovered? It only effects hit chance!

FLX
Major-General

Postby FLX » Thu 27 Dec 2012 14:43

Spridder wrote:How do I queue movements of the units?
Did you know you can read the manual ?
Did you know that critical hits are effected by the accuracy of a unit?
Veterancy for sure but accuracy are you sure ?
Veterancy gives accuracy so the test is long to get a result : use a vehicles with hit rounds at different distances to get different accuray and make a hit/crit ratio.

Now here are mine :

- Did you know that veterancy give you accuracy on the move even on units without stabilizer ?
- Did you know that accuracy on the move is not dependant from the gun accuracy but only the stabilizer (+veterancy) ?
- Did you know that one stabilizer level can correspond to 2 different accuracy from one vehicle to the other ?
- Did you know that being behind a bush does not hide you, you have to be in it ?
- Did you know that buildings block sight and shots ?
- Did you know that heavy cover blocks sight and shots when thick enough ?
- Did you know that buildings give a defensive bonus to infantry but forest doesn't ?
- Did you know that the litre is wrongly used as unit of supply since 1L of supply = 6L of fuel ?
- Did you know that the Hellfire is the only Fire and Forget missile of the game ?
- Did you know that Starship E2, Kpz70, AMX10P milan, are the only units able to fire their autocanon along with their main weapon ?
- Did you know that anti air autocanon fire high explosive shells that do not damage armored vehicles but stun them instead ?
- Did you know that you can delete any units during deployment by right clicking it ? (You have to keep at least one command vehicle)
- Did you know that Eugen System is coeditor of its game that's why DLC are free ?
- Did you know that after every steam sales the number of player double or triple for some days but then it come back to what it used to be, not more not less ?
- Did you know that we haven't recorded a single cheater using a program in this game yet ? (there are still cases of good old cheat when one player helps his friend that is in the other team but nothing else.)
- Did you know that FLX is the best guy around ? No you didn't ?
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !