Did you know that?

naizarak
Captain

Re: Did you know that?

Postby naizarak » Tue 1 Jan 2013 01:27

FLX wrote:Did you know that even dematerialised game come with a manual ? All of them !

http://cdn2.steampowered.com/Manuals/58 ... 1353000082

BtW here's the new batch :

- Did you know that units you call in are displayed with their back facing the spawn they will come from ? Now you cannot spawn from the wrong spawn anymore !
- Did you know that you cna move the shadow of a unit you have bought before it enters the map ? The spawn will remain the same but the destination will change. That way you cna have troops spawning where you want and going where you want.

Oh wow those are useful tips. I knew you could reposition spawn units but I never noticed their orientation. This should really help counter spawn camping.

artao
Master Sergeant

Postby artao » Wed 2 Jan 2013 08:26

Did you know that if you 'split' a group then click an empty spot on the map it separates the entire group into individual units?

Did you know that you CAN chat in-game? <ENTER> Chats to your team, <SHIFT>-<ENTER> Chats to everyone.
(I just re-read the manual to double check myself on this one -- this isn't in the manual. I learned this playing multiplayer, I was told by other players.)

THEDAMNRUSSIANS
Warrant Officer

Postby THEDAMNRUSSIANS » Fri 4 Jan 2013 05:13

Did u know that transport helo's can drop over a forest if they are moving fast enough and you hit unload

naizarak
Captain

Postby naizarak » Fri 4 Jan 2013 14:19

Boogie Van wrote:
Did you know that size does not have any effect on a unit being discovered? It only effects hit chance!

Is this true? I thought unit size referred to their visibility

diana olympos
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby diana olympos » Fri 4 Jan 2013 14:47

nope, check FLX big chart (sticky post it^^)

artao
Master Sergeant

Postby artao » Fri 4 Jan 2013 23:50

naizarak wrote:
Boogie Van wrote:
Did you know that size does not have any effect on a unit being discovered? It only effects hit chance!

Is this true? I thought unit size referred to their visibility

I was wondering about this as well. Any chance Eugen could confirm or deny this please? I TOTALLY appreciate all of FLX's work on The Big Chart, but this particular bit I find a bit dumbfounding.

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Postby Boogie Van » Sun 6 Jan 2013 09:35

The logic is: recon units have better training to hide themselves. If I'm correct, in order of hardest to spot to easiest: Special forces (recon infantry?), regular infantry (shock troops?), recon vehicles, regular vehicles, and certain helicopters might be easier to spot (Mi-26, Chinook) but I haven't really tested it.

It's not quite Eugen confirming, but I believe most of the-, err, that white forum group, would be the next best thing.

Obermotz
Master Sergeant

Postby Obermotz » Sun 13 Jan 2013 11:59

Did you know that you can hide a command vehicle in the yard of the building in the starting zone on the map mecklenburg? Many enemies wont notice it there an when you put a FOB next to it and some AA/AT infa inside the building you get a viable strongpoint for cheap.

FLX
Major-General

Postby FLX » Mon 14 Jan 2013 02:50

artao wrote:I was wondering about this as well. Any chance Eugen could confirm or deny this please? I TOTALLY appreciate all of FLX's work on The Big Chart, but this particular bit I find a bit dumbfounding.
It's 100% Eugen confirmed, I asked the lead designer why it is so and he told me that the way you camouflage and position your vehicle is more important for discretion than size.

Recon section are as easy to spot as any other infantry, that's one thing that bother me since they are specially trained to hide.
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

untilted
Master Sergeant

Postby untilted » Mon 14 Jan 2013 07:51

FLX wrote:Recon section are as easy to spot as any other infantry, that's one thing that bother me since they are specially trained to hide.

so it's "spec ops < every other infantry (incl. recon squads) < recon vehicle < every other vehicle"
or is it "infantry < recon vehicle < every other vehicle"?