Did you know that?

artao
Master Sergeant

Re: Did you know that?

Postby artao » Mon 14 Jan 2013 15:04

thx FLX
8-)
that's interesting logic. I'd say size is equally important. much easier to hide something smaller. also more difficult to SEE something smaller, particularly as range gets further.
oh well. noted.

solvens
Major

Postby solvens » Mon 14 Jan 2013 17:20

untilted wrote:
FLX wrote:Recon section are as easy to spot as any other infantry, that's one thing that bother me since they are specially trained to hide.

so it's "spec ops < every other infantry (incl. recon squads) < recon vehicle < every other vehicle"
or is it "infantry < recon vehicle < every other vehicle"?

spec ops < every other infantry (incl. recon squads) < recon vehicle < every other vehicle

Did you know that the Sultan, Spartan, and both Wiesels are faster on roads than the other tracked vehicles ?

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Postby Boogie Van » Tue 15 Jan 2013 09:17

Did you know that: the M1A1, AMX32, Roland 2 missile, Buk M1, and the Hellfire missile all have greater than 10 accuracy when static?

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Tue 15 Jan 2013 13:01

Did you know that Automatic Grenade Launchers can and and will engage aerial targets if close enough ? From 175 or 300 meters, I have to recheck it.
Croche et Tient

chrisnz
Second-Lieutenant

Postby chrisnz » Tue 15 Jan 2013 23:24

the hellfire is not the only fire and forget missile all aa missiles are too i believe, although i think radio command guidance should require a lock 100% of the flight time
"I ask her is it true and she sais like a horse shoe."

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Wed 16 Jan 2013 12:25

chrisnz wrote:the hellfire is not the only fire and forget missile all aa missiles are too i believe, although i think radio command guidance should require a lock 100% of the flight time

Only infrared-guided AA missiles are F&F... radar-guided ones will loose track of vehicle when moved and thus missile will miss.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Wed 16 Jan 2013 12:38

REDDQ wrote:
chrisnz wrote:the hellfire is not the only fire and forget missile all aa missiles are too i believe, although i think radio command guidance should require a lock 100% of the flight time

Only infrared-guided AA missiles are F&F... radar-guided ones will loose track of vehicle when moved and thus missile will miss.

There are vehicles with F&F heatseekers.

artao
Master Sergeant

Postby artao » Mon 21 Jan 2013 15:23

Did you know that ...
In addition to the manual-stated function of <CTRL>+select a unit selecting all of that unit anywhere on the map ..
Double-clicking a given unit selects all of that unit type CURRENTLY VISIBLE ON THE SCREEN!!!! and ONLY those visible on screen. and it works with <SHIFT>-selecting. =]
This is not in the manual, nor have I read of this anyplace else. I just discovered this yesterday accidentally.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Mon 21 Jan 2013 15:57

Well, that's pretty much a "Strategy game standard rule".
Marshal honoris causa

artao
Master Sergeant

Postby artao » Mon 21 Jan 2013 19:29

It's nothing I've ever heard of before DeuZerre .. and as it's nowhere in the manual, I figured it was worth mentioning in this here "Did You Know" thread. .. Just like the other thing I posted that I was criticized about (insta-split) I'm sure there's others out there, like myself, who DON'T know this as some "standard rule" in RTS games .. maybe the ones YOU play, but not the ones I'm familiar with.