Chasseurs... wonderin' why

Spawnfärkäl
Sergeant Major

Chasseurs... wonderin' why

Postby Spawnfärkäl » Thu 24 Jan 2013 11:59

...so many players use them nowadays in cup and ranked matches.

Stats-wise they aren't worth the bucks compared to Jägers and Fusiliers (transports besides), the RoF left alone is way inferiour. So is it the VAB why so many players are usin' em? Or did they get patched?

I#m just curious :)
VasFURY wrote:Spwanfarkal was pretty chill, because he is a cool dude!

:lol:

Selkares
Brigadier

Re: Chasseurs... wonderin' why

Postby Selkares » Thu 24 Jan 2013 12:01

They have a big caliber, which stuns enemies faster.
They are numerous and cheap.
If ranked at max vet they are still pretty cheap and can hold really well against other infantry units.

agroq

Postby agroq » Thu 24 Jan 2013 12:02

They're bugged so there are more efficient than they stat show...

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Thu 24 Jan 2013 12:03

Chasseurs vet 0 are used for junk recon.

Chasseurs vet 4 are very efficient in killing enemy infantry because of their high caliber that stun anything in 1 second.Their rate of fire is also better than the one displayed in the armoury. Don't forget to put one or several HEMTT or Jupiter behind them if you want to hold a zone in particular. Because they don't like facing too many HE2 or HE3 infantry units.

Spawnfärkäl
Sergeant Major

Postby Spawnfärkäl » Thu 24 Jan 2013 12:19

Ahhh... i see! Thanks for the answers! :)

Even though isn't calibre 7,62mm higher then 7,5mm? I know its not much... and i will accept the fact, but calibrewise :)

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Fri 25 Jan 2013 22:49

Spawnfärkäl wrote:Ahhh... i see! Thanks for the answers! :)

Even though isn't calibre 7,62mm higher then 7,5mm? I know its not much... and i will accept the fact, but calibrewise :)

it's 7.5×54mm so there's more powder behind the round and it's theoretically more powerful... I think :P
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

FLX
Major-General

Postby FLX » Sat 26 Jan 2013 01:19

Something is wrong with their stats : I think its rate of fire mostly even if the bullets you see ingame are just for the show and don't mean anything.

I think they were given a high moral damage per bullet to compensate the low rate of fire but since the rate of fire is not that low they become excellent for the price and come in an excellent vehicle.

Without vet then come toe to toe with riflemen, with vet2 they match chasseurs FAMAS but with better moral and a better VAB and more availability, with full vet you get an above than medium infantry with an über HMG that stuns everything on the VAB.

It's been signaled to Eugen as a priority concern.
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

Spawnfärkäl
Sergeant Major

Postby Spawnfärkäl » Tue 29 Jan 2013 16:46

Hmmm... that is one those things i don't understand for what reason there are stats in the armory!? Its the same about AMX Auf1 and the Paladin... same numbers, very different accuracy, besides the Paladin got more range... don't understand that neither

TheFluff
Lieutenant

Postby TheFluff » Tue 29 Jan 2013 20:47

Spawnfärkäl wrote:Hmmm... that is one those things i don't understand for what reason there are stats in the armory!? Its the same about AMX Auf1 and the Paladin... same numbers, very different accuracy, besides the Paladin got more range... don't understand that neither

The armory doesn't display accuracy values above 10. Also, for artillery the accuracy decreases as max range increases, so if two guns have the same accuracy but different ranges, the shorter ranged one will be more accurate. It's sort of silly but that's how it works.

Spawnfärkäl
Sergeant Major

Postby Spawnfärkäl » Thu 31 Jan 2013 22:26

ok... didn't realize that... thanks for info