Lieutenant

Re: Being shafted

Postby Dimonay » Sun 14 Apr 2013 15:45

Brutoni wrote:This is my current NATO deck
Log 5/5
FOB
HEMTT
Jupiter
M577 CPC (have recently found I prefer it to VAB as stray artil shots don't seem to mess it around quite as much)
M151A1 Command

That's ok

Brutoni wrote:Recon 3/5
Scorpion (Scimitar unlocked)
Gazelle (SNEB unlocked but rarely used)
SpPz Luchs A1 (unlocked tree)

I would not really recommend the scorpion line because they only have good recon and I find that that is not enough most of the time

Brutoni wrote:Tank 4/5
Challenger 1 (lovely in larger games or even to hold a point I know the enemy is coming from. Loving them :) )
Chieftain (fully unlocked... Good but slow and fuel guzzling means they are still vulnerable to outflanks)
Lepard (Coming to fully appreciate these... awesome tanks. Not sure if I should have both Chally and Lepard in?)
M551 Sherridan tree (for medium range attacking GP tank... Donno if I should swap? Struggling with NATO tanks in that role!)

Only the AGS is good in the sheridan line NATO does not really have any good ATGM tanks

Brutoni wrote:Infantry 5/5
Milan f2 + VAB (not liking ATGM infantry if I am honest. Precision tool and often still seem to miss.. engaging too early?)
FAMAS Chas + VAB (seem good enough)
Delta Force + Blackhawk (worth unlocking the Huey tree for the blackhawk. I love them)
Green Jacket + Spartan (serve me well)
Paratroopers + Lynx (shame can't get Paras with Spartan as helicopters are v.vulnerable but they are useful at times)

You don't need 2 different heli inf you really don't get something else instead. The Milan F2 needs some vet most people goes with 3 levels I know it is expensive but it is worth it

Brutoni wrote:Support 4/5
Rolland fully unlocked (best of the bad NATO AA. Still seem to struggle with NATO AA in truth)
Chaparral (range is good and at Vet they hit... but slow and log intensive... considering removing?)
MLRS (fun... donno if I should keep. Do net me points when firing corrected shots
M109's (I like these. Don't know if they are the most optimum choice but cheap with choice for Palladins if I need)

Please don't use the palladin it is less accurate and has less availability the the AMX AUF1. Check out this tread http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=25634

Brutoni wrote:Vehicle 2/5
Bradley (good all rounder... struggling to use due to paper thin armour though.. Awesome Autocannon though)
VAB Mephisto (looking for a good/fast ATGM vehicle but NATO ATGM seem to suck and as I said I struggle to hit)

The bradley has to little availability for being in the vehicle slot. The VAB Mephisto also needs 3 leves of vet but I don't use it anymore it got a armor nerf to 0 front armor and that means that all AP weapons does 4x the damage to it so I went over to the jaguar line instead the jaguar 2 is good but has a really limited availability. When/if you run out of jaguar 2's then you can go over to jaguar 1's the like the mephisto also needs about 2 levels of vet but now at least you have some armor

Brutoni wrote:Helicopters 1/5
Cobra tree (cheap at 50 for stopping spam... going up to providing a flexible 65 point helo and if I really need accurate ATGM then the 95 pointer provides double the number of missiles and with good accuracy and stopping power. Really like this tree. So want to go back to Apache but not sure I can justify it!)
remember that you need really good recon to use helis effectively and IMHO expensive helis especially in the hands of new players are only a waste of points. There are two way to use helicopters defensively or in large numbers

Now some shameless self promotion in the end :lol: http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=25663

Brutoni
Colonel

Postby Brutoni » Sun 14 Apr 2013 16:44

Normin and Dimonay thank you for the comments. I have quite a few exams this weekend however I will think/read on what you have posted and get back to everyone as soon as I have time :).

Norim0101 you seem to think the jeep is a bad choice. What would you recommend as my second Command vehicle choice then? (as one is not enough really).
ImageImage

Norim0101
Warrant Officer

Postby Norim0101 » Sun 14 Apr 2013 16:54

Brutoni wrote:Normin and Dimonay thank you for the comments.

No problem :)
Norim0101 you seem to think the jeep is a bad choice. What would you recommend as my second Command vehicle choice then? (as one is not enough really).

Well, command jeep can die to anything so it's not worth a slot. I f you want somthing with more availability take M114A1. Taking both M577G and M577 CPC is also good option. Sultan can be good as well.

And i'm not sure about FOB myself. I personaly don't have them in my deck. You are always given a free one at the begining of every game, and that's enough for me.
In my opinion: FOB = wasted slot
but if you like using artillery, especially MLRS, then you should have FOB in your deck

Brutoni
Colonel

Postby Brutoni » Sun 14 Apr 2013 17:46

Normin thanks for the suggestions. Will have a look at those. I have the sultan unlocked so may well go for that!

With regards the Sherridan line. I only tend to use the M8 AGS. However all we get is 8 of them. Can you suggest a choice for your general purpose mid range tank?? Cheiftans defence. Challenger for heavy duty combat. Lepard 2 for fast punchy assaults/outflanking while moving (not to mention AP10 allows me to at least ambush T-80s with well placed Lepard 2's). So I need something that can keep pace with faster forces, doesn't demand so many logistics and is an all round choice.

I am tempted by the Lepard 1 series. They do lack AP power a little but reasonable speed, stabilisers and accuracy at the higher level for 50 points seems okay? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
ImageImage

Norim0101
Warrant Officer

Postby Norim0101 » Sun 14 Apr 2013 17:58

I never used Leo 1 so i don't know how they perform (i heard they are pretty good)
I honestly love AMX-30B. Fast and accurate, and quite cheap :P ut has weak armor :/

Brutoni
Colonel

Postby Brutoni » Sun 14 Apr 2013 18:03

Gone for the AMX-30 series.

At the end of the day my Cheiftans can provide armoured front if I need to sit back and hold. For attacking I think (and seem to be having the most success) with identifying a weak flank with recon and then punching into it hard and fast. For the the AMX-30 offers the speed coupled with an accurate gun able to support my offensive.

They can lack hitting power but if there are some really big badies around then ATGM/Lepard 2/Challenger all offer options. At the moment I need plentiful, reasonable costing, fast armour and they look like they fit the bill.

For recon I am going to go for Bradley and the jeep? Again is a recon jeep a bad choice? They are smaller than normal recon vehicles (have no weapon I am paying for) and have good range and speed so hopeful they are good general recon. If I need something with a little more teeth the Bradley seems to offer some unpleasant surprises for enemies and the potential to even hold a weak flank attack by looking like I have more there than I do?
ImageImage

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Sun 14 Apr 2013 18:05

I like the leopards the have better aim time then nearly all other tanks in there price class, the AMX's are another good chose. I would not recommend the patton line.

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Sun 14 Apr 2013 18:09

Brutoni wrote:For the the AMX-30 offers the speed coupled with an accurate gun able to support my offensive.

About accuracy you know that the accuracy stat only shows how accurate a tank is when standing still. The stability stat is what completely determinants how accurate the tanks is on the move. Of course with some micro AMX tanks can still be good in a attack but you will have to individually stop them just before the shot

Norim0101
Warrant Officer

Postby Norim0101 » Sun 14 Apr 2013 18:13

Brutoni wrote:For recon I am going to go for Bradley and the jeep? Again is a recon jeep a bad choice? They are smaller than normal recon vehicles (have no weapon I am paying for) and have good range and speed so hopeful they are good general recon. If I need something with a little more teeth the Bradley seems to offer some unpleasant surprises for enemies and the potential to even hold a weak flank attack by looking like I have more there than I do?

Recon jeep is a good choice. Basically you're putting it a forests or bushes and he's sitting there and watching.
Bradly recon is good all round vehicle. Don't forget recon helo. ERC-90 Sagaie is quite good recon despite only good optics.

Dimonay wrote:
About accuracy you know that the accuracy stat only shows how accurate a tank is when standing still. The stability stat is what completely determinants how accurate the tanks is on the move. Of course with some micro AMX tanks can still be good in a attack but you will have to individually stop them just before the shot

Or you can vet them a bit. But not much or they will become too expensive for what you get

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sun 14 Apr 2013 19:26

Brutoni wrote:This is my current NATO deck

It's surprising how little information one's deck provides, that's why I asked for deployment. What units do you usually start with and what do you do with them?

Leo1 is supposed to be good, they were buffed a lot in the last patch.
British infantry isn't really that stellar, besides fusilier spam. Try fehrnspäher, they got a nice kick.
Chapparal is very useful AA, thanks to its range.
ATGM infantry can work if you put it in a building. But remember that the milan ones aren't that stellar, due to low accuracy and low range. You can try giving them 2+ levels of vet but then they get expensive.