[GUIDE] Artillery rate of fire and accuracy comparison

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Re: [GUIDE] Artillery rate of fire and accuracy comparison

Postby QShadow » Sat 11 May 2013 18:51

EDIT:
I am at the wrong board again :P
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Sat 11 May 2013 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

cmcgillen
Sergeant First-Class

Postby cmcgillen » Wed 29 May 2013 17:00

The AMX Auf1 has been my favorite artillery since EE, and for good reason. There really isn't anything lacking from the platform, except numbers.

Gopblin
Major-General

Postby Gopblin » Wed 29 May 2013 17:35

Great post, thank you!

I've done my own arty testing, but not quite to your level. I see now that my conclusion about MSTA-S being a good arty piece has been premature, it's still somewhat inferior to DANA and Auf1.

I'll say this though:

There seems to be a certain "limit" to how accurate a gun can be.
I.e. on a corrected shot a given tube will have say a 300m circle minimum, and if a tube is vetted enough it will have this "minimum" dispersion from minimum range out to pretty far away, and only then does it start to have more spread.

This means that while e.g. on your testing MSTA has a much higher spread than Dana, this may not be true e.g. on a 5000m corrected shot, because both guns will be firing at whatever their "minimum" circle size is.

I dare not ask you to do more work, but I just think a more representative picture would have been circle sizes of corrected shots of veteran guns at say 7000m, as that more faithfully represents the working conditions of arty in-game. I may do this testing myself in a few weeks.

Best wishes,
Daniel.
Nationality? - Russian.
Occupation? - No, no, just visiting.