Wargame Replay Center is open for business!

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Wargame Replay Center is open for business!

Postby Buck Turgidson » Sat 8 Sep 2012 19:46

Well, after one month's hard work, here it is.

The Wargame Replay Center is here for your replay needs - upload your replays, link them to others and find replays relevent to your interests. It's a leap forward from the old wargamereplays.org that mysteriously vanished. I'm hoping the uploading and browsing system proves to be easy to use - that's how I intended it to work out.

Uploading is easy: just browse for the file or drag & drop (works with Chrome & Firefox) the file to the browser. The back-end sniffs out everything it can from the file and you basically only need to type in the title and a description. You can use tags to easily "group" related replays - you can then search by tag and find all the related replays.

There's quite a few filtering, sorting and search parameters you can use to find what you're looking for. I will probably add more in the future.

Without further introduction, here it is:

http://escalation.eu
or
http://replays.escalation.eu (if it's easier to remember :))

DLC 3 compatible now 8-)

A few tips for filtering:

- You can search for partial player names. For example if you just enter 'buck' or 'turg', it'll return all replays with Buck Turgidson in them. The same applies to the clan name.
- Clicking a tag in the replay details automatically applies the tag name to the filtering parameters and reloads the replay list.
- Clicking the "Show All" button resets the filtering parameters to default. It won't remove the tag/player/clan filtering parameters though.
Last edited by Buck Turgidson on Thu 27 Sep 2012 19:52, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage

Gronank
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Wargame Replay Center is open for business!

Postby Gronank » Sat 8 Sep 2012 20:20

That is very nice indeed! I would suggest putting the game mode and map into the description list even though they already exist in the header and putting units (pts, min, areas) after the numbers where appropriate to make reading easier. Maybe also reverse the order of Game version-replay created-reported score put the more relevant information first. It would also be neat if clicking (or even mouse hovering) on a map name produced an image of the map.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Sat 8 Sep 2012 20:26

Awesome job Mr General :D

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Sat 8 Sep 2012 20:54

Gronank wrote:That is very nice indeed! I would suggest putting the game mode and map into the description list even though they already exist in the header and putting units (pts, min, areas) after the numbers where appropriate to make reading easier. Maybe also reverse the order of Game version-replay created-reported score put the more relevant information first. It would also be neat if clicking (or even mouse hovering) on a map name produced an image of the map.

All good points, will take a look at it tomorrow :)
ImageImage

SikkeSakke
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby SikkeSakke » Sat 8 Sep 2012 21:13

Great job, Buck!

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Sat 8 Sep 2012 21:24

great thanks I will use this to become better in 1 vs 1

ps: I like this site much more than the first one

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 8 Sep 2012 23:43

It looks pretty nice indeed. I hope you have prepared a "retrieve password" feature cause that was my problem with the previous site.

And there is a problem with the registration: my nick is 2 characters long and i get the error message but the registration process still happen. okay it simplify stuffs on my side but I don't think it works as intended.

An icon would be nice too.

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Sun 9 Sep 2012 00:04

D-M wrote:It looks pretty nice indeed. I hope you have prepared a "retrieve password" feature cause that was my problem with the previous site.

And there is a problem with the registration: my nick is 2 characters long and i get the error message but the registration process still happen. okay it simplify stuffs on my side but I don't think it works as intended.

Hmm, so it still registers, interesting... oh well, not a big deal, as you say it's not intended but it doesn't break anything, I'll have to take a look at it. And yes, you can reset your password if you forget it, so no worries about that :)
ImageImage

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 9 Sep 2012 00:59

Buck Turgidson wrote:
D-M wrote:It looks pretty nice indeed. I hope you have prepared a "retrieve password" feature cause that was my problem with the previous site.

Hmm, so it still registers, interesting... oh well, not a big deal, as you say it's not intended but it doesn't break anything, I'll have to take a look at it. And yes, you can reset your password if you forget it, so no worries about that :)

It may be a problem with other functionality that check this correctly. Or if you enter a null nick...

SikkeSakke
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby SikkeSakke » Sun 9 Sep 2012 10:56

If you could put some info where replays can be found on your computer, that'll be nice (My finnish languange folder is C:\Users\Käyttäjä\Saved Games\EugenSystems\WarGame). Even I've played a lot, I ran CCleaner and forget the folder :oops: .

I downloaded few replays and they work fine. When I tried to watch this replay: http://escalation.eu/index.php?viewReplay=29, it says that replay is corrupted. Reason is most probably not at your site but uploaders mistake - shame on you, Jereth.