Wargame Replay Center is open for business!

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Wargame Replay Center is open for business!

Postby Buck Turgidson » Mon 10 Sep 2012 19:14

noDestiny wrote:Thx for this site, since wargamereplays.org is down I waiting for such a site ... and btw its better than the old side, great job!

I think a rating option would be nice^^ (like DeuZerre allready sayed)

Yep I'm writing this all down, I should have some time next week to make the improvements and additions.
ImageImage

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tigga » Tue 11 Sep 2012 15:11

Awesome - thanks for this!

Is there any way of stripping Elo rankings out of the metadata within the replay? I think it'd be very interesting for low/mid-level players to be able to search for game involving all players with a high Elo ranking (set by a filter) so that high level games can easily be pulled out for analysis.

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Tue 11 Sep 2012 16:22

Tigga wrote:Awesome - thanks for this!

Is there any way of stripping Elo rankings out of the metadata within the replay? I think it'd be very interesting for low/mid-level players to be able to search for game involving all players with a high Elo ranking (set by a filter) so that high level games can easily be pulled out for analysis.

I'm not sure, I'll have to take a closer look at the file contents. It may be there, I didn't pay much attention to Elo when I dug out the data. It does store the level and the clan at the time of the match so it's quite likely that the elo is there with them.

EDIT: Confirmed, it's there. I'll write the code to start tracking the ELO values. Once I get the time I'll write the code for filtering among the other things.
ImageImage

Max_Damage
Lieutenant

Postby Max_Damage » Thu 13 Sep 2012 20:19

There is no message posting in replays? The old one allowed the viewers to post messages :(.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Thu 13 Sep 2012 21:24

Max_Damage wrote:There is no message posting in replays? The old one allowed the viewers to post messages :(.

It was quite filled with useless comments. I'd like it, but not as much as a rating option.
Marshal honoris causa

KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Mon 17 Sep 2012 11:52

Hi all,

its great to hear, that we have got an enthusiasitic Replay Center-Programmer for Wargame now ;)
Even greater is the fact, that the programmer listens to the user's suggestions! I wish I could get feedback to suggestions for other games aswell like this. Cool!

Alright here is another "Nice-ToHave" for you: Besides The Elo-number, A User-rating would be great so you get a Best-Of-Wargame-Replays soon. Just a basic Rating-System plus some pro and contras from Watchers.

BUT: Yet, your Page is much more user-orientated than many websites I've seen before: Neat, Useful, no Info flooding, no ads, just doing its work!
AoA Strategy Guide "The General and the Detailed"
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=54280#p854568
Update on 5.02.2017: New old faction overviews published!

AoA-Replays with me: http://tinyurl.com/gkrzl4y

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Sun 23 Sep 2012 16:37

Ok, had some time in my hands and finally implemented the editing and removing of replays. Just go to My Page > My Replays and knock yourself out ;) .
ImageImage

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Sun 23 Sep 2012 18:23

The site doesn't work with IE 9 for me - nut with another browser it works fine ;-)

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Sun 23 Sep 2012 19:15

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:The site doesn't work with IE 9 for me - nut with another browser it works fine ;-)

I won't shed a single tear for IE users :twisted: I've tested the site with Chrome and Firefox, I haven't even bothered with IE, it's always more trouble than it's worth. I've had enough nightmares at work trying to get stuff working with IE so I won't bother on my free time ;)
ImageImage

Jereth
Lieutenant

Postby Jereth » Tue 25 Sep 2012 21:31

I think the site is having problems accepting DLC3 replays...