3v3 Hedgerow Battle

Mukip
Chief Warrant Officer

3v3 Hedgerow Battle

Postby Mukip » Wed 20 Mar 2013 01:23

http://escalation.eu/index.php?viewReplay=1165

A 3v3 on dual field. It turns out to be effectively a trio of 1v1's as each side deploys on all fronts and is then hard-pressed holding off their respective opponents.

On my side of the map, an early attack by Random is repulsed leading to my counter-attack into his zone, only to find that he has saved enough points to bring on a own counter-attack of his own! It's turtles all the way down. And so it becomes a hedgerow battle, with each of us trying to crawl up the map with recon infantry and cheap units to avoid expensive losses, along with the occasional serious push into the opponents well-defended positions. Random relied primarily on ATGMs, whereas I was playing with a themed West German-only deck and had to try and the job done with some fairly dubious units.

On the other side of the map, meanwhile, joeydragon seemingly missed the memo about APC nerfs and his infantry attack goes awry. Worse still, he left his Tunguska too far behind his own line, allowing Woop's helicopters to clear out all of his ATGM infantry with rockets. Joey's defensive line protecting his command vehicle was also fairly shallow allowing Woop to push in and snipe his command vehicle. Depth, man!

Hunter immediately took the important central town on behalf of the Pact side and held it for the rest of the game against a determined assault by Kwaitski, who continually fed troops into the meatgrinder to no avail. A shortage of serious artillery was NATO's undoing on this front.

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Re: 3v3 Hedgerow Battle

Postby DelroyMonjo » Wed 20 Mar 2013 02:47

You must be proud, Mukip! :D
Illegitimi non carborundum.