So has British AA been fixed?

chrisnz
Second-Lieutenant

Re: So has British AA been fixed?

Postby chrisnz » Fri 5 Jul 2013 04:18

Considering it uses saclos guidance i doubt it will have a good fixed wing range.
"I ask her is it true and she sais like a horse shoe."

SeabeeDaddy
Staff Sergeant

Postby SeabeeDaddy » Fri 5 Jul 2013 05:10

I only read the OP post not all 22 pages but I can say this.

Stop screaming so hard for these buffs and nerfs to "Balance" the game, the idea is it supposed to be imbalanced like that. With the way things are going, playing CZ and then playing the UK will feel the exact same with different unit skins. Seriously, I get it, it doesn't seem like a viable 1v1 deck for you, well you should know BEFORE going in that they lack AA, just like if during the deployment phase if you put all your eggs in one basket, you know if the enemy catches you on your weakness you're screwed.

I do NOT want to feel like I am playing the same units with different skins on either side.

Just my 2 cents.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Fri 5 Jul 2013 09:30

David™ wrote:
REDDQ wrote:Also crying repeatedly that Rapier needs 3km range with no regard to stats and balance is hardly constructive.

I believe if you read his posts you will see he has put up suggestions about how this could be achieved.

I saw... by hard buffs for the unit. :lol:
David™ wrote:
REDDQ wrote:
Words about Rapier

http://www.armedforces-int.com/projects ... ssile.html
I am afraid 6,800km is max.

Regardless of it's real life range, it seems to have a very low in game fixed-wing range.

It has 1/3 of its RL range. Not a bad score as some has 1/5 or less.

Before Rapier had [RAD] stats but the were like no,no,no it used a SACLOS so devs buffed it to their wish. And now little troll over here wants to have a cake and eat a cake and have for it range that many RADAR BASED SAMs do not have in game although they are way superior than Rapier. That proves without doubt that other man is troll and do not know how statistics are distributed and what balance is between units. The only way out is to ask for Rapier with [RAD] stat.
Cross wrote:6800m is its operational range not its operational EFFECTIVE range.

:lol:

Oh that is sooo cute you little troll :lol: :lol: :lol:

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about so I will just stop wasting my time with you.

I appreciate your work on Harrier. Although I prefer other planes for mah British deck.

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Fri 5 Jul 2013 10:57

If range is staying as is how about increasing missile speed?

It's just ridiculous that 8 tracked rapiers still can't stop two bombers from delivering their payload.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Fri 5 Jul 2013 11:50

Except massed BUKs and IHAWKs there is no other AAs that can stop plane from dropping bombs unless plane is 600km/h. Then Roland 2 works nice as well.

Cross
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cross » Fri 5 Jul 2013 12:31

Bastables wrote:
Cross wrote:
That thread quotes the Falklands the problem there was the ARMY didn't have them at Sea level so they couldn't target low flying aircraft.

Airforce Pogue bagging Army as opposed to recognising that the weapon is suboptimal, all's well O.H.M.S every day.

[American translation]
PJ's and combat controllers are pouges? :)
[/American translation]

Oh right, well tell you what when you have a slight incline of how British combat arms works then comeback for MOAR.

Doesn't change the fact that Rapier needs a fixed wing buff.

And its guidence is IR, Radar and Saclos.

And its a fact Royal Arty had there rapiers on hills so they couldn't engage the aircraft in San Carlo Bay.
Atleast when 63SQN RAF Regt deployed they didn't make the same mistake and neither did the army again.
Last edited by Cross on Fri 5 Jul 2013 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Cross
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cross » Fri 5 Jul 2013 12:43

Most bombs in the game have a range of 3500m That's more then ALL pact ATGMs launched from fixed wing.
ATGM Fixed wing is max 3325m's and theirs a chance that they wont connect with targets
Bombs however will get you because you can't move out of the path.

Rapiers range is is 2100m fixed wing.

So my point is this either there needs to be a range reduction in the ability to drop bombs like that down to with in rapiers bubble.

or buff rapiers fixed wing stats or a little bit of both.
Last edited by Cross on Fri 5 Jul 2013 12:54, edited 3 times in total.

David™
Staff Sergeant

Postby David™ » Fri 5 Jul 2013 12:44

REDDQ wrote:now little troll

REDDQ wrote:troll

I don't think you seem to understand what the word 'troll' means, do you?

Ok, here is a nice example for you all to take a gander at..

Lets take the Su-7s from the Polish side and compare it with the Raiper.
Su-7
  • Speed - 600km
  • ECM - Bad
  • Stealth - Poor
  • Range to ground - 3500m (NAPALM)

Rapier
  • Range to helicopters - 2625m
  • Range to Aircraft - 2100m

So this is by no means a great aircraft considering it's stats, you can see that it easily out ranges Rapier by a good 1400m and with NAPALM it would stun, and no doubt ultimately destroy any AA emplacement you have at said location.

Another thought might be that, maybe it's the bombs drop range that could be doing with a decrease.. Just a suggestion

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Fri 5 Jul 2013 13:21

David™ wrote:

I consider ppl trying to buff unit with no regards to balance or unit vs unit comparison trolls. And I explained over and over why you are wrong but I am afraid you and the other guy have troubles with understanding not only the stats but what other ppl write as well.
David™ wrote:Ok, here is a nice example for you all to take a gander at..

Su-7
  • Speed - 600km
  • ECM - Bad
  • Stealth - Poor

Rapier

So this is by no means a great aircraft considering it's stats, you can see that it easily out ranges Rapier by a good 1400m and with NAPALM it would stun, and no doubt ultimately destroy any AA emplacement you have at said location.

Another thought might be that, maybe it's the bombs drop range that could be doing with a decrease.. Just a suggestion

K, one last time...

There is only a handful of AA units in game that can prevent plane form dropping bombs (as all have 3500m range!!!). Otherwise planes would be useless. You defend from it by not bunching up, by not sitting with large forces in forest and cities and by being on the move.

There... as simple as it gets. Sure Su-7 can drop its napalm tanks but it is worth 50,65 and 80 points and one Rapier for 40p will kill it with no problem. There is your victory.

Now, if you have trouble with understanding how that works it is not really my problem but I suggest you get back to school.

I am done here. Learn stats for crying out loud.

Kvothe
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Kvothe » Fri 5 Jul 2013 13:37

David™ wrote:

Ok, here is a nice example for you all to take a gander at..

Su-7
  • Speed - 600km
  • ECM - Bad
  • Stealth - Poor

Rapier

You just forget one important thing: Aircraft don't actually drop those bombs from 3500m range.

They start aiming at that range, but usually fire them way closer to their target (something like 2000m?).
Most aircraft also continue to fly straight ahead before they evac (depending on the jet).

Thats why short-ranged AA like the Osa Ak still manage to fire at bombers. (Range Osa Ak: 2800m)
If they would really drop their bombs from 3500m, those Osa's could never fire at them. But they do!
Most of my Fighting Falcon kills are made by Osa's as they can shot loads of missiles in that short timespan due to their high ROF.

They can't stop the bombers from dropping their load, however. But if you don't bunch up your units, you'll come ahead in points.