On cheating ...

Mako
General

Re: On cheating ...

Postby Mako » Fri 6 Dec 2013 12:01

Well then, I guess that explains it :lol:
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Brutoni
Colonel

Postby Brutoni » Fri 6 Dec 2013 12:12

Wow... that was a little bit embarrassing. TBF I did expect it to just be a bug and I was right... Human error bug seen in all its glory. Um, if the gentlemen we are playing are seeing this then I am sorry if we seemed a bit concerned and if we in any way offended you by asking what had just happened.
ImageImage

mosaldo
Private

Postby mosaldo » Thu 16 Jan 2014 16:44

good work, i hate cheaters... but one you forgott... the KI is cheating more than any real player can do so ban the KI !!! :lol:

ronald4203
Private

Re: Caught Major Gen Hacking

Postby ronald4203 » Wed 29 Jan 2014 01:42

I played Mesrinelef0u today in a ranked match. Im a Major myself and hes ranked #4 MajorGeneral. I suspected he was using no fog of war precision bombing my CV's with nighthawks and skylarks. I would move my CV's to a different spot in woods and the same thing would happen over and over. I suspected maybe scouts in the woods but did not find any. So I went back and watched the replay and turned on his view only. Sure enough he was hacking. Bombing my CV's over and over with no scouting whatsoever, even after I would move them to different locations. If there is a game moderator that deals with these issues please message me so that I can give you the replay.

http://www.alb-replays.info/#/browse/?view=1561

Drrty-D
Major

Postby Drrty-D » Wed 29 Jan 2014 11:25

ronald4203 wrote:I played Mesrinelef0u today in a ranked match. Im a Major myself and hes ranked #4 MajorGeneral. I suspected he was using no fog of war precision bombing my CV's with nighthawks and skylarks. I would move my CV's to a different spot in woods and the same thing would happen over and over. I suspected maybe scouts in the woods but did not find any. So I went back and watched the replay and turned on his view only. Sure enough he was hacking. Bombing my CV's over and over with no scouting whatsoever, even after I would move them to different locations. If there is a game moderator that deals with these issues please message me so that I can give you the replay.

http://www.alb-replays.info/#/browse/?view=1561

Dont want to dissapoint you without watching the replay,but i think he just done the old "blind sniping of CVs" tactic and got lucky.Mesrine is old W:EE player and i really dont think that he uses the most feared cheat that could come to W:AB-fog of war-.Will watch the replay later and tell more if i see,but even if one would come up with -fog of war cheat-,there is no way to prove it imo,one can always say it was lucky blind shot :-),but stil i dont think Mesrine done it ;) .

Edit-I think if you watch the replay from his point of view and see all your units--then its fog of war cheat,but i really doubt it.

Pelennor
Sergeant

Postby Pelennor » Wed 29 Jan 2014 13:05

I just watched the replay, there is absolutly no doubt : no hack here from Mesrine.

1st cv (charlie): scouted with UH
2nd and 3rd (juliett n alpha): pure gess shots on THE most common cv's placement (you should work on these placements and btw, you used yourself a blind shot to kill golf's cv)
4th, 5th (juliett) and 6th (echo): scouted with rangers

That appears so obvious to me... did you just watched the replay ?

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Grosnours » Wed 29 Jan 2014 15:59

Very good summary, Pelennor.
Well at least we'll be able to keep mocking Mesrine about that now... :mrgreen:

Hyperion1492
Master Sergeant

Postby Hyperion1492 » Wed 29 Jan 2014 17:24

Pelennor wrote:I just watched the replay, there is absolutly no doubt : no hack here from Mesrine.

1st cv (charlie): scouted with UH
2nd and 3rd (juliett n alpha): pure gess shots on THE most common cv's placement (you should work on these placements and btw, you used yourself a blind shot to kill golf's cv)
4th, 5th (juliett) and 6th (echo): scouted with rangers

That appears so obvious to me... did you just watched the replay ?

Very often, when i play a ranked match, i kill one CV with blindshot.
Quite easy.

sparouw
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby sparouw » Wed 29 Jan 2014 18:13

You have to work on your cv placement Ronald ;)

Nou
First Sergeant

Postby Nou » Thu 30 Jan 2014 05:10

I killed 3 CVs in the backfield spawns with Delta force in a game yesterday then took a lucky shot on one of the forests in their other backfield spawn. I was instantly accused of cheating.

If you don't want your CVs blown up do not put them in extremely obvious places. If they are all the way in the rear any threat is going to be too late if you do not have protection so I often put them out in the open, or if there is multiples, put one out in the open and if it is spotted move it so they keep trying to hit the same spot because they never see the zone go uncaptured.

But yea, the best way to win in this game is sniping CVs so people thinking someone is cheating probably just got unlucky.