No indirect fire capability in airborne groups? And no dismounted mortars whatsoever in the game?

mihai22
Corporal

No indirect fire capability in airborne groups? And no dismounted mortars whatsoever in the game?

Postby mihai22 » Sat 30 Apr 2016 16:13

Someone must have complained about these before, but I can't seem to find the thread. It seems no airborne group has any indirect fire weapons whatsoever. I noticed it at the beginning of the "Zhukov 2" campaign. First with the British para group that suicided (or should I say Arnhemed?) themselves by dropping on a (BMP-1) mechanized group. I won a total victory (battle group destroyed) with 0 losses thanks to them no having any sort of indirect fire capability. (The air corridor rule also feels rather silly in this context; they couldn't call in any planes because they don't have a jeep on some area of the map??)

Anyway, back to indirect fire, I noticed in the next battle of that campaign that the Polish airborne doesn't have any indirect fire capability either. I guess implemented dismounted mortars, which are still used by pretty much every army in the world (have a look at M224 or 2S12 Sani), was too much work? Or didn't fit with the game's air-spammy philosophy, in which an attack aircraft costs only as much as a T-72A?

trotskygrad
General

Re: No indirect fire capability in airborne groups? And no dismounted mortars whatsoever in the game?

Postby trotskygrad » Sat 30 Apr 2016 18:38

no dismounted, towed or articulated weapons in wargame.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM