Garbled Menus

echofoxtrot
Private

Garbled Menus

Postby echofoxtrot » Tue 12 Apr 2016 14:46

Help there is probably an obvious solution to this issue but im missing it all the text is unreadable garbled like it's scrambled making navigating the menus impossible.
Attachments
meh.jpg
meh.jpg (60.09 KiB) Viewed 435 times

Shifu
Major-General

Re: Garbled Menus

Postby Shifu » Tue 12 Apr 2016 18:33

Please verify the cache in Steam (if you don't know how to, click Tech FAQ in my signature)
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

echofoxtrot
Private

Postby echofoxtrot » Wed 13 Apr 2016 10:37

Seems to be something to do with the Nvidia driver on Mac as when the one built in to OSX is used the problem resolves itself and all text is fine. But then when the standard OSX driver is selected there is serious fan ramp up when starting Airland Battle.

Shifu
Major-General

Postby Shifu » Wed 13 Apr 2016 20:27

Hm, interesting catch. Thanks for posting
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.

chelidon
Private

Postby chelidon » Sat 24 Sep 2016 04:13

Having the exact same problem here, same setup -- game is unplayable, haven't found any workaround.

--Richard

chelidon
Private

Postby chelidon » Fri 30 Sep 2016 05:15

Also, problem with garbled text is definitely specific to the Mac version -- the same hardware (Mac Pro, either El Capitan or Sierra, with Nvidia GTX 970) running Windows 10 and DirectX 11 works fine. Forcing a change in resolution can clear it up temporarily, but trying to start the game (just ran a test with trying to go into the first tutorial mission), the text is all screwed up, but this time it appears to be displaying Cyrillic...weird.

Shifu
Major-General

Postby Shifu » Sat 15 Oct 2016 17:37

If above posted did not help you, please mail to eugsupport@eugen.fr - state clearly that the error is related to the Mac version of the game.