Post your deck!

argybargy
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Post your deck!

Postby argybargy » Wed 19 Feb 2014 19:44

Izo Azlion wrote:
argybargy wrote:http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/576762320573898913/24957F1CF2CEF953F86C35E014821C4BBCC4C010/

Quite a few things but I've gotta get to bed.

Why do you have Spetnaz VMF Recon in just a truck? They are the best Recon unit you can get as PACT, give them something worth while. If that Ural gets blapped you only have two. The helo is expensive but has huge range, and rockets. Believe it or not, that's enough to wipe out their base, if they aren't careful.

I haven't thought of it, the way I've used them is a while into a match as a way of trying to sneak up on their lines to spot holes, aa, things like that. So getting a fast transport or something that has a secondary use wasn't really on the books. Helos with rocket pods are great for supporting infantry insertions early game, as a way of stunning enemies along a road while the infantry unloads and gets into positions, but I don't expect to have to support a 2-man squad that wants to stay out of combat in that way.

Why have Rocket arty? Msta's are better barrage throughout the game, and Malka's will actually blow stuff up. Or Nona's, which are somewhat closer range but better.
This is one of the points I'm thinking about. The Grads stay, I find their stun/panic ability extremely useful, placed in advanced positions for mass panicking enemy advances, in preparation for pushes of my own, getting an upper hand in city fights etc. But what other piece of artillery should I get? I'm leaning towards substituting the Akula and the Buratino for a card of Nonas, but remain open to suggestions.

You're missing out on the Mi-28 in exchange for a rather terrible vehicle, the Buratino is over-rated IMO (but each to their own) I find the TO-62's do just as good of a job for less enemy glory when your Buratino dies.
I've never learned how to use flame tanks effectively. They get blasted on the way up to town edges by ATGMs or even LAWs before they get in range to fire their flamethrower. I guess a Yak 38 covers a wider set of situations than the Buratino though, so I might scrap it for one of those!

Tanks are okay. Look at the T-64's over that T-72 though. Check out the SU-25T, also. Phenomenal. Or the Mig 21 Rocket planes, those are fun and 55 points, p cheap.
The current mix of tanks really are performing quite well. I find the Svir, added top armor and off road speed of the T72B gives it an edge v the high end T64s for my tank advances. T64 base models get the higher ROF, so I tend to mix them in together.

Just food for thought. Also I'd screw the Buk off and get 65 point Tunguskas, too. But that's just me.
The 3100 range missile on the more expensive Tunguska has saved me too many times from Apaches trying to sneak up on me for me to abandon it.

Thanks for the tips! Any thoughts on what to scrap to be competitive in the airplane department?

Excroat3
Captain

Postby Excroat3 » Thu 20 Feb 2014 00:52

A superb American only CAT A deck I created (click on pic to enlarge):

The AMericans.jpg
The AMericans.jpg (159.6 KiB) Viewed 1201 times

Trigoriash
Private

Postby Trigoriash » Sun 23 Feb 2014 22:13

Turtle313 wrote:Nobody here who wants to help me fine-tune my french Deck?

Hello,

I have remade the deck you have posted a little.

http://i59.tinypic.com/i3t4dv.jpg

Here are my suggestions (note that I tend to play team games with lower income):

Infantry:

Milan F2 - I prefer my ATGM inf to be as cheap as possible. For a more mobile tank-hunter, you have the HOT vehicles/choppers.
I would recommend 2 cards of inf ATGM in a cat B (or C) deck. But in cat A you already have access to all the goodies and better missiles.

Reserve infantry - they are realy cost effective. I use them as meatshields/bait/"recon" in front of my forces and also to reinforce defensive positions.
You can also spread them all over the map in woods, forests and lone buildings. They can suprise and slow (or even stop) an enemy attack. And they are cheap and plentifull.

Chasseurs - Get the AMX for 20 points instead of VAB for them. It has an autocannon, better armor and you already have enough troops in fast vehicles.

Legion - I think one card of Legion is enough. I have swapped the Legion+VAB for a RIMa+VAB, so you have more inf in fast vehicles.

Sapeurs - I have put the flame infantry in a fast transport (so they are more mobile and can support the RIMA in a fast push).
But truck is also fine, especialy if you conserve and reuse fast transports from the other inf squads.

Support:

I have mixed feelings about having only 1, expensive arty piece.
It is accurate and does a lot of damage. But one lucky counter-arty shot, an attack behind your lines ... and you are out of arty.

Maybe you could switch one AA ground unit for another arty unit ?

Anyway, I included 2 cards of the AMX-13. While this arty is mediocore, you still get a lot of them, which means more rounds on the target.
And they are also cheap. But if you want, switch them for the more expensive arty.

Tanks:

AMX-40 - higher vet ? The tank is quite expensive and also squishy ... a higher vet means the crew will not get stunned/panicked so easily.

AMX-13 - I think one AMX-13 card (trained/hardened) is enough.
The cannon has a short range, the gun is not that accurate and you already have much better rockets in your deck.

AMX-30B - I swapped one Harpon card for this. I realy like this tank, for the small price you get a lot of music.
It has an accurate cannon, it is quite fast, and also has an autocannon. A great support tank.

Recon:

I think you are low on recon troops. For me 14 is not much (and the ERC-90 is too squishy and costly).
But if your setup works for you, keep using it.

Hussards - simple reason; they are cheap and you get quite a lot of them.
Use them as a "sacrificial" recon in the first line or as a cheap recon to watch over your flanks/rear.

Commandos Para - I gave them a fast transport, so that they can move quickly and keep up with other fast troops/vehicles.

Maybe you could add another card of recon ? Instead of a tank/support card ?
Recon Heli + 2 cards of recon inf (one cheap, the other one in a better transport) + recon vehicle/tank would be great.

Vehicles:

I switched the AMX-10P Milan for a vehicle with HOT missile. It has a much more powerful rocket and you already have enough autocannons in the deck.
I also gave these vehicles better veterancy, so they have a much higher chance to hit the enemy and to resist morale damage when aiming and guiding the rocket.

Helicopters:

The PUMA with autocannon is quite nice. Maybe you could switch one Gazelle HOT for it ? It is a versatile, cheap heli with good stats.

Planes:

What about switching the Mirage Fict for a Mirage 5F ? It is cheaper, you get more of them and they also come with higher veterancy.
The have enough bombs to kill/destroy soft targets and to stun heavy tanks.

The Super Etendard could be switched for a SEAD or Napalm plane.

These are my humble suggestions for your French cat. A deck.

Izo Azlion
Master Sergeant

Postby Izo Azlion » Mon 24 Feb 2014 08:31

Re Turtle 313's suggested deck;

AMX-10RC It's a VAB with a cannon, basically. It gets right up to the front line just as fast as your infantry. As for Reservistes, I've never used them so I couldn't say how good they are, but IMO you're wasting a slot that could be better used by more RIMa -

Sapeurs are going to be your in forest scouts anyway, because Napalm beats anything in a forest, mostly. Sapeurs are cheap, not as cheap yes, but cheap.

The AMX-13 AU 105mm is bad, okay yes you get three per card and decent RoF and such, but the accuracy is poor and the range is frankly terrible for an arty piece. The AuF1 is more expensive, but phenomenal. IMO, second only to the Paladin on the Nato side.

You should also carry the Mistral AA missile jeep. It's a poor mans Avenger - It can't fire on the move - but at the start of a game fast-firing, high ammo count AA can essentially save you losing a town. The first moments of any Wargame are critical.

IMO -

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3314951615609300104/63437C812A60D8672C0A85708E638A311595C509/

Everything France has is based on speed. Nothing they have is designed to take a punch, at all. So your line should move fluidly, skirmishing, more than stand up fighting (use Germany or USA, or defensively the British if that's what you want)

The entire deck I've built there is rapid. RIMa are a little expensive, but 20mm IFV, quite handy. I've added a plane, too, it has 5AP Cluster Bombs - most have only 4AP. If I didn't take this, I'd take a Napalm plane.

Recon wise there is absolutely no reason to go for a card of Hussards, they are bad at everything. Also recon in helicopters can be VERY influential, so long as you don't expect to land the helo exactly where you want the troops.

Essentially I trimmed the fat on the suggested deck above and added my own preference. Speed, quality and accuracy are everything when you can't take a punch to the face, and this deck has it in bucketloads.

Adjust Veterancy to suit you. Do not underestimate the AMX-10RC SB!

Zer0
Master Sergeant

Postby Zer0 » Tue 25 Feb 2014 02:22

Canadian Cat A, usually get 2k kills to 700 losses, feedbacks appreciated :D

Turtle313
Corporal

Postby Turtle313 » Tue 25 Feb 2014 03:17

Thank you for your suggestions!

I tried a little Mix of both Decks:
Spoiler : :
French Deck.jpg
French Deck.jpg (192.47 KiB) Viewed 1107 times

I made a little adjustment after i took the screenshot, sending in one of my recon troops in a helicopter.

LOG: Tried a few games with the logistic helo. It´s squishy but quite usefull sometimes.

INF: I really like the cheap Infatry Meatshield/Scout Idea, so i put in the Reservists. My other Infantry comes in fast transports to support them quickly. Chasseurs mostly in towns with their CQC Weapons and Sapeurs in Forests.
I really don´t know why to pick Rimas. I don´t play Infantry in the open field and aren´t Chasseurs better in the City cause of their CQC ability? Then their are Forests where Reservits will just buy some time for Sapeurs. Aren´t even Chasseurs better for fighting in the Woods than RiMas cause of the lower engagement range?

SUP: Cutted one card of the non-Radar Rolands and got a second card of the AMX AuF1.

TNK: Mostly Trigoriashs Setup. Instead of the 30B i picked the 30B2, mostly cause of the 2 top armor and the increased speed to go along with the AMX40

REC: I plan to stray out a lot of Reservits, so i don´t need the Hussards, cause of numbers. (i know reservits recon abilities are not as good as Hussards but at least i will notice when something comes their way) With 2 Cards of Commandos that has to be enough :D

VHC: I wish i had a card more there to pick 2 cards of veteran Mephisto.

HEL: I´ll give the Puma a try next time when i play. But as long two card of Gazelle HOT will do the job.

PLA: Same Setup as Izo Azlion mentioned.

Thx again for your advices!

zebtucker
Lieutenant

Postby zebtucker » Tue 25 Feb 2014 07:24

Excroat3 wrote:A superb American only CAT A deck I created (click on pic to enlarge):

The AMericans.jpg

No mountaineers or best abrams?

Izo Azlion
Master Sergeant

Postby Izo Azlion » Tue 25 Feb 2014 08:51

Turtle313 wrote:Thank you for your suggestions!

I tried a little Mix of both Decks:
Spoiler : :
French Deck.jpg

I made a little adjustment after i took the screenshot, sending in one of my recon troops in a helicopter.

LOG: Tried a few games with the logistic helo. It´s squishy but quite usefull sometimes.

INF: I really like the cheap Infatry Meatshield/Scout Idea, so i put in the Reservists. My other Infantry comes in fast transports to support them quickly. Chasseurs mostly in towns with their CQC Weapons and Sapeurs in Forests.
I really don´t know why to pick Rimas. I don´t play Infantry in the open field and aren´t Chasseurs better in the City cause of their CQC ability? Then their are Forests where Reservits will just buy some time for Sapeurs. Aren´t even Chasseurs better for fighting in the Woods than RiMas cause of the lower engagement range?

SUP: Cutted one card of the non-Radar Rolands and got a second card of the AMX AuF1.

TNK: Mostly Trigoriashs Setup. Instead of the 30B i picked the 30B2, mostly cause of the 2 top armor and the increased speed to go along with the AMX40

REC: I plan to stray out a lot of Reservits, so i don´t need the Hussards, cause of numbers. (i know reservits recon abilities are not as good as Hussards but at least i will notice when something comes their way) With 2 Cards of Commandos that has to be enough :D

VHC: I wish i had a card more there to pick 2 cards of veteran Mephisto.

HEL: I´ll give the Puma a try next time when i play. But as long two card of Gazelle HOT will do the job.

PLA: Same Setup as Izo Azlion mentioned.

Thx again for your advices!

No problem, looks good (I still prefer quality infantry over numbers most the time but fair play)

If anything, if this turns into your main deck, you'll find you make a million little adjustments over and over. I have 4 variants of my main US deck and the third one is constantly undergoing change. Sometimes I prefer one card of Apaches, with some Heavy Hogs, other times I prefer 2 cards of Apaches. Other times I take 2 cards of Apache that come Elite (dat accuracy.)

Sometimes it's two stacks of Paladins, or more FoBs, or more varied infantry. Recently it's been UH-1E's with Marines.

So, it'll evolve as you do and eventually you'll find a deck that works just right... and then try something new with another nation. :)

ReignCaster
Private

Postby ReignCaster » Tue 4 Mar 2014 18:35

CandyMan wrote:Back with a play tested and updated DDR armored deck here.
[...]
http://tinypic.com/r/288v1wo/8

I don't quite understand why you play your upgraded version as armored insteand of motorized.
It would save you 6 activation points in the plane section, make your recon veterans and substitute the armed commando and recon units with their superior SPW-50 counterpart. On top of that, you unlock more infantry slots and advanced vehicles. The only downsides are the substitution of your Tundschas with 122mm tube artillery and the lack of T72-M1.

raventhefuhrer
Colonel

Postby raventhefuhrer » Wed 5 Mar 2014 04:33

ReignCaster wrote:The only downsides are the substitution of your Tundschas with 122mm tube artillery and the lack of T72-M1.

Though I think his deck is kind of silly, I must say that those are two very big downsides.
My YouTube Channel is Raven Wargaming. Message me to request videos on certain topics.