Post your deck!

NikuelTrasgu
Private

Re: Post your deck!

Postby NikuelTrasgu » Mon 17 Feb 2014 01:10

Hello there, Noob here!
After reading so many guides (particulary the 176 pages one :cry: ) i decided to build my deck and maybe have it reviewed here (as the 10 advices you should give a noob topic tells me)

feel free to comment, i'll listen to whatever you say (ehm :lol: )

So here it is, a NATO mixed deck, i'll explain my choices after the image
PS : when i refer to the posts, i'm refering to this topic posts
http://i58.tinypic.com/33tm3k0.jpg (well too big)

Log:
Command vehicle: M201 PC ==> well it's a command jeep, a basic one... picked french because i am
FOB ==> well i feel secure with it, it has a lot of supply so...well...Yeah, i saw decks without it so i don't really know if i should keep it or not
2 VLRA log ==> i wanted some cheap supply but i don't really know why this one, maybe the same reason as the command vehicle, i'm not really sure about this one over the big US supply but it has fewer units.

You can notice that i don't have any heli there nor tanks as command or supply because i'm not very confident about my ability of having them well protected, so spending so many points in them looked to risky...

Inf:
Royal marines: well i read that having a heli + spec ops is mandatory so i picked one, the one that is maybe the best looking at the stats (well swedish are better but this one is cheaper :) )
Jagdkommando&panzergrenadiere: well before these i had mountainers..i've read on the post before this one that they were the way to go (same for transport)

I'm not very skilled with infantry that's why only 3, i can't really put them in a good use so i went with the strict minimum: ATGM, Spec and Normal
i had many more before but the fact was i was lacking space for a 2nd ATGM in vehicle (and 6 was a bit short)

Support:
2x Pivads: why that? it looked nice since it has AA and anti-infantry abilities + it's kind of "strategic", like KOS every aircraft/heli and the enemy thinking he has killed all my AAs but i still have some in my pocket... But i'm not really sure since having them much more protected can save me crucial points
M48A1: picked with a guide but haven't found out the best use of it
M727 : same but killing a plane from 4Kms is a must have to save my tanks
M109A2: i had the big US artillery before this one and i wasn't amazed that much due to the 4 ammo

tanks:
AMX-3082: i wanted some cheap tank and this one had an incredible precision. hitting at 12 5 times looked better than hitting at 17 1 time but maybe i'm not right!
AMX-10 RC SB : i wanted it for stategic purpose, like fast responce (150km/h on road), blitz attacks, cheap but that maybe some noobish way to think, i don't know
M11P Abrams: a bit better one, good armor, maybe for more harder battles, not that expensive
Challenger 1 MK.1 : it was advised to have a high end tank in the deck and this one looks amazing on paper, good armor, good precision, good anti-tank, tried it once on the battlefield, it delivered well, especially 4 of the next to a bridge in a forest with lines coming but maybe something is better?

Reco:
Heli: kiowa :well this one have been advised by someone (on the posts) but it's the light one
Badley: same + it was effective
Marinejeger: same + hiding very well, fast with the heli, going by the maps borders

Vhc:
M728 CEV: had it on national deck, it was good so i decided to take it back
Zippo: works very well on infantry, was on national deck too
M901 ITV: after learning the hard way that 90 tanks against 20 tanks was sh*t since it's not CoH, ATGM are very effective against tanks and this one has a good amount of ammo so...

Heli:
well these 2 cobras (AH-1F and AH-15) were good on guides, on posts, on national decks but sadly i can't manage to have a kill with one since i'm really bad with them

Planes:
F45 phantom II : needed some napalm and looked great on paper
F15A eagle: multirole fighter in case of emergency and whatever needs it
A-6E Tram: bomber that i saw in numbers of decks, tried it, very effective especially on roads paired with a recon but i'm not sure if it's the best option :/

when in game i have some problems, expecially about the tanks and the ATGM VHC since i haven't that many so 4 abrams killed can cause my death way too fast but i don't really know what to do

Sorry for the bad english but this game requires some specific vocab that i don't master yet :?

Thanks a lot to anyone willing to review this bad/terribad/awful/disgusting/nice/whatever deck!

Izo Azlion
Master Sergeant

Postby Izo Azlion » Mon 17 Feb 2014 08:09

Hmm.

Infantry is critically important, good use of infantry can really, really do a great job.

Here's my mixed deck, it works wonderfully, and here's why;

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3318328593703347951/CA021F72E0753044B41A1E4C2A2957917755F668/

Logistics -

British CP has the fastest offroad speed for the lowest cost. For me, speed and cost is everything where these are concerned.
German Logistics truck - same quantity of Supply as Hemtt, 5 points cheaper, 10km/h slower off-road. Worthwhile to save 5 points, why not?

Infantry -

Royal Marines in Lynx - Mainly for the Lynx, as the Kustjagere (Spelt totally wrong) are better due to 15 strength. But when you want something there fast, the Lynx is the best one for the job. "Small", very quick, and nice suppression rockets if needed.

Stingers in Humvees - Priceless in pairs.

ATGM Milan F2's - VAB transports are rapid, and Milans are pretty great. Enough said.

RiMa - Good line troop, expensive but the VABs are rapid, as above, and are better than US Marines. The LAV-25 is better than the VAB, though, and the bushmaster is much more accurate, so, up to you.

Support -

German Mortars M113's - Longest range, highest caliber, at 7.7km these are the best mortars NATO gets in terms of range, and being as any Artillery you buy is either going to be A; bad or B; only one unit per card I prefer the Mortars.

M163 Pivads - 2 cards of Hardened means they actually will kill aircraft in pairs, however don't rely on just two of them. They work best as a defensive shield.

Marder Roland 2 - Accurate, decent offroad, fast firing, effective.

Tanks -

Leopard 2A4 - Best tank in the game, period. Takes incredible amounts of damage, is insanely accurate, has a good ammo count too.

M1A1 Abrams - For me, second best tank for NATO. Arguably the Challenger 1Mk2 is better, but it fires slower, doesn't move very fast and is a prototype, so the M1A1 wins it.

M1IP - Same as above except a bit cheaper, can be amazing, can be dire, depends on the day.

AMX-10 RC - Suuuuuper quick as it's wheeled. Accurate gun, doesn't do LOADS of damage but does hold off early game stuff well. Keeps up with your VABs, Humvees and such. Great for early game and at 30 points, you can buy a good half dozen and still have a competent initial force.

Recon -

Note the veteran lever! These are all as high as they can be. High veteran level = better visibility.

Marinejeger - 2 man teams are SO hard to spot. These guys can go anywhere, and they'll do it well. Their helicopter is slow as hell, though, which is why I have...

SAS - In the Lynx again. For me, the British transport helicopters are the only thing that the British do well. (I'm English, too, so it sort of pains me to say it.) SAS have a 'modified' Blowpipe, with 8 accuracy instead of 5 when compared to the "Blowpipe" infantry. Fast moving, 10 strength, these guys are recon with a touch of punch. They can be very useful, and while they are easier to spot, they can defend themselves and make a mess if in the right location. Not something I take on every deck, but a nice choice in this one.

Humvee with 40mm Frag Launcher - Hilarious to use on incoming infantry, fast, great for your initial push, and pretty good at spotting things too.

Gazelle - It's a recon helo. Either this or the Kiowa for the US, essentially.

Vehicle -

Jaguar 2 - Accurate ATGM. Slower than I'd like but I don't have the TOW 2 Humvee available to me so it'll do. I don't use it often but it's an effective tool.

Helicopters -

Lynx TOW2 - Being as I don't have an Apache available and the Cobras are terrible, this will have to do. Fast, accurate, big punch. :notbad:

Planes -

Norwegian F-16 - 2 x 1000kg HE bombs are fantastic. Lowish cost compared to the bang for your buck and great planes. Fast! 1000km/h. Can't complain there!

US F-16C - Same as above but with clusterbombs, also not hugely expensive, equally as fast and not to be taken lightly.

Tornado IDS - Fire and Forget anti-ground missiles make this ALMOST as good as the F-18C for the US, except this one only has Medium ECM. It simply will kill at least one ultra-heavy tank in a run. Sometimes two.

CF-18 - I can't get the F15C Eagle, so this has to do. Honestly I quite like it, it's pretty. :P

Essentially, your deck isn't terrible but you've limited your flexibility by limiting your units. You've made a mixed deck, but you've used 90% American units, and missed out on some of the best tanks (get that Challenger out of that deck, please!) You don't need 4 cards of vehicles, and honestly, though you're spot on using Phantom II's, I rarely find the Zippo to be worth while. CEV's are pretty good.

Go back a page to my last post, you'll see my US deck. You appear to lean towards US units, so maybe take something from that.

Lastly - are these helping anyone? They take a bit of time to type up and I'd hate to be wasting my time :P

Edit -

Your comments on recon are spot on, but the Prototype Bradley that you get for the US tree is WAY better - 3AP on the gun, instead of 2, and has a better TOW missile, with hugely upgraded accuracy. Refer to my last post to see me hype it up.

Toppopia
Corporal

Postby Toppopia » Mon 17 Feb 2014 14:19

After some absence from the game i decided to get back into it with Red Dragon coming soon. Which i decided to make a nato and pact pre 75 deck but after doing tests versusing AI (probably not the best way to test them) i made modifications till i thought i was happy with the decks. Then i decided to try Ranked Matches but i'm finding i cant beat the enemy because they can seem to get heaps of heli infantry and i cant get enough units to cover the map. So any suggestions on how to fix my decks would be appreciated.
(I've only just added in the heli infantry and havnt done a proper match with them yet to see whether they're any good or not)

NATO Combined Arms
http://i.imgur.com/kJ8bIs7.jpg

Warsaw PACT Combined Arms
http://i.imgur.com/M0UbxFR.jpg

zebtucker
Lieutenant

Postby zebtucker » Mon 17 Feb 2014 14:22

Toppopia wrote:After some absence from the game i decided to get back into it with Red Dragon coming soon. Which i decided to make a nato and pact pre 75 deck but after doing tests versusing AI (probably not the best way to test them) i made modifications till i thought i was happy with the decks. Then i decided to try Ranked Matches but i'm finding i cant beat the enemy because they can seem to get heaps of heli infantry and i cant get enough units to cover the map. So any suggestions on how to fix my decks would be appreciated.
(I've only just added in the heli infantry and havnt done a proper match with them yet to see whether they're any good or not)

NATO Combined Arms
http://i.imgur.com/kJ8bIs7.jpg

Warsaw PACT Combined Arms
http://i.imgur.com/M0UbxFR.jpg

1 get some cheap infantry for pact poland got the cheep chopers use them and try to get some ground infantry in cheap transports and bmps maybe a soviet A deck? or nato mixed A /USA A to start with tho?

Turtle313
Corporal

Postby Turtle313 » Mon 17 Feb 2014 17:57

Hello Community!

I´m also quite new to the game and spent a lot of time with the armory to try to build a proper Deck.
First of all, i only play destruction mode at this time, mostly 2v2/3v3 with about 40-60 mins. time limit.
I really don´t like mixed Decks at all, so even if i really appreciate all input i can get please don´t recommend them to me.

Here we go:
Spoiler : :
French Deck.jpg
French Deck.jpg (168.41 KiB) Viewed 819 times

To explain my decisions, i´ll go through the deck card by card:

LOG: This seems pretty standard to me. I got a second card of supply trucks cause of using 2 milan Teams, which are really supply heavy.

INF: As i mentioned above 2 milan teams.
The F2 mostly used in my defensive line. I use the Auto Cannon VAB with them cause of a little defense against heli or some soft targets. The VABs stay near the F2 to be able to pick them up again when my defensive line is moving.

The F1 Milans are more for forward or flanking positions. I would love to have some 5 point transports for them but i really don´t want to spend 10 points on a VAB so they come in in a truck and sneak into position on their foot, which is slow but really stealthy, so they can surprise an enemy.

Then we have Chasseur for attacking a city. First i´ll provide smoke along the street to the city then moving in with chasseurs in their quick VABs (again i would love to have a 5 point transport but here i really have to go for the VAB cause i´m afraid trucks will get slaughterd by MG fire if the Smoke is not 100% a Los breaker.) When the Chasseurs jump out they should immediatly go toe to toe with the enemy.

Next are Sapeurs. Imho they are the only unit which can deal with Spetznaz and are best when it comes to AI in Woods. They are mostly in forests where i have very limited use of vehicles so they do come in a cheap truck.

The Legion is for supporting Chappeurs in the City or Sapeurs in the Woods.
They are also used as a quick respond or fast capturing unit in helis.
In addition they can really hurt an enemy if they are behind their lines.

SUPPORT: i think i have nothing to say about the Rolands.

Mistral are for pushes and additional anti-sead AA

The AMX AuF1 was a hard decision.
First i had AMX13 cause the primary thing for my Arty was to provide Smoke, but then in a game they got killed quite easily with counter Arty, so i decided to go with 1 AuF1.
With the 2 top armor they suvive those Rocket arty as easily as Tube arty and it´s not that hard to move them out of the small aiming circle which those sniper arty has when u have fired a couple of rounds. While it won´t kill many vehicles its surely capable of keep other arty on their feet with counter firing and kill some hidden inf.

TANKS: I simply love the AMX13-Harpon. It really can´t absorb hits but it´s small, it´s spammable cheap and they have a really long range with their rockets. Once they are out of Rockets they can hide and flank heavier tanks when they come near enough. With the KE bonus and 19rpm they can really punch over their weight. I know it´s no Super tank but they can really bring pain to the enemy if at an numerous advantage.

The Brennus is used to be my bread and butter Tank. Most of the time their are Harpons before them, used as kind of meat shield and when the enemy come within 2100m range, a couple of Brennus will pop out and bring the pain while the harpons moving backwards to fill up their rockets and then build the second line assaulting the brennus again with their rockets.

Then a couple of AMX40 When my planes and Helis fail as hard counter against their heavy tanks.

RECON: I think i don´t have to say something about them. Just that i would love to have more of them but simply can´t sort out another card.

VHC: I use the Mephisto over the AMX-hot cause of its speed in case of reteating.

The AMX-10P/Milan was again a hard choice. I also kinda like the 15pts milan jeeps cause of the spam ability.
But with the AMX-10P and his auto cannon a pretty cheap Harpon/AMX-10P/Mistral rush came into my mind. Support them with some Gazelle Hot/Celtics and i think u have a cheap little army which can be kinda nasty.

HEL: As mentioned above Hots and Celtics.
Celtics are obvious and Hots along with Super Eternards are my hard counter for their heavy tanks.

PLA: Super Eternards against juicy targets. :twisted:

Mirage2000 as Air sup. fighter. I have no need for some cheap Heli killer cause i already have Celtics.

And last but not least the Mirage FICT as durable cluster Bomber.

As you can see, i really tried to do my homework before coming here, but i´m still a newb. I would really appreciate if somebody can have a look at my thoghts and correct me if i´m totally wrong or missing something. But please be so kind and tell me reasons for changes you would suggest.

My main concern is about Numbers and veterency level of each unit. Is their something you would change about that?
In example the Harpon, their rockets just have 7 acc. while i really want them to hit so i took the highest vet. or should i rather mass them up more and pick 12 hardened units each card?

Thx for the read and i´m looking forward to your critics.

NikuelTrasgu
Private

Postby NikuelTrasgu » Tue 18 Feb 2014 00:01

Izo Azlion wrote:Hmm.

Infantry is critically important, good use of infantry can really, really do a great job.

Your comments on recon are spot on, but the Prototype Bradley that you get for the US tree is WAY better - 3AP on the gun, instead of 2, and has a better TOW missile, with hugely upgraded accuracy. Refer to my last post to see me hype it up. [/b]

Hello there! I listened to you advices carefully and god it was great!
I was completly wrong on heli, tanks, planes, infantry and so on

The 4 tank cards you advised me really fit well to my needs, 1 fast response, 1 decent, 1 good and 1 kicking
The helicopter is much easier to use and perform great quite good!
I still have some difficulties with the infantry, i don't really know where to put them and how, which situation etc
i wanted to keep my napalm bomber but i'm not sure of its use vs a cluster bomber, i might kick it

well it does look a lot like your deck now :o

Thanks a lot!

Izo Azlion
Master Sergeant

Postby Izo Azlion » Tue 18 Feb 2014 06:42

NikuelTrasgu wrote:
Izo Azlion wrote:Hmm.

Your comments on recon are spot on, but the Prototype Bradley that you get for the US tree is WAY better - 3AP on the gun, instead of 2, and has a better TOW missile, with hugely upgraded accuracy. Refer to my last post to see me hype it up. [/b]

Hello there! I listened to you advices carefully and god it was great!
I was completly wrong on heli, tanks, planes, infantry and so on

The 4 tank cards you advised me really fit well to my needs, 1 fast response, 1 decent, 1 good and 1 kicking
The helicopter is much easier to use and perform great quite good!
I still have some difficulties with the infantry, i don't really know where to put them and how, which situation etc
i wanted to keep my napalm bomber but i'm not sure of its use vs a cluster bomber, i might kick it

well it does look a lot like your deck now :o

Thanks a lot!

Glad I could help!

There are plenty of guides I'm sure for using Infantry. I guess rule one is don't leave them in the open, they are much better used in forests and buildings. ATGM's should be hidden, spread around flanks or in buildings at the edges of towns and cities, line of sight is everything, don't put them somewhere they can't see to their max range, otherwise as soon as they loose their missile, they'll get blapped.

ManPads (AA) should be in buildings or forests too, keep them hidden and preferably away from the firing line.

The rest of it is well, infantry supposed by good IFV's, infantry sneaking around. Relying on armour and vehicles works to a point but infantry is stubborn, used right it's hard to get rid of. A well placed recon unit can, and invariably does, change the tide of battle. It can spot a rush before you normally would, it can spot priceless units (T-80U, AA, Command vehicles, supply, you name it) - Recon is vision and seeing the enemy means you can counter what he's got.

There's a whole bunch of stuff on this anyway, but eh, I'm bored and on a roll.

Oh and with regards to "Which situation to use infantry" - almost every situation. Attacking a town? Bring infantry to pack the buildings and fight their infantry. Forests? Infantry. Even long runs through extended terrain to reach the enemy positions isn't a bad idea, certainly with recon.

argybargy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby argybargy » Wed 19 Feb 2014 00:16

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/576 ... BBCC4C010/

What do you think?

It's light on planes because I was struggling to get much use out of it against the Tomcats. There's a token trusty fighter for the occasional stray A-10 and an iron bomber to compensate for my lack of artillery. I replaced my previous air selection with the Buratino and Akula. The latter gets called out very rarely, mostly in conquest to counter helo-based land grabs, but I'm not really impressed with its Igla missile. What do I do to counter that? Strela-3 squads in BTRs just seem to be a bit too slow (not in general of course but in that situation).

Izo Azlion
Master Sergeant

Postby Izo Azlion » Wed 19 Feb 2014 09:47

argybargy wrote:http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/576762320573898913/24957F1CF2CEF953F86C35E014821C4BBCC4C010/

What do you think?

It's light on planes because I was struggling to get much use out of it against the Tomcats. There's a token trusty fighter for the occasional stray A-10 and an iron bomber to compensate for my lack of artillery. I replaced my previous air selection with the Buratino and Akula. The latter gets called out very rarely, mostly in conquest to counter helo-based land grabs, but I'm not really impressed with its Igla missile. What do I do to counter that? Strela-3 squads in BTRs just seem to be a bit too slow (not in general of course but in that situation).

Quite a few things but I've gotta get to bed.

Why do you have Spetnaz VMF Recon in just a truck? They are the best Recon unit you can get as PACT, give them something worth while. If that Ural gets blapped you only have two. The helo is expensive but has huge range, and rockets. Believe it or not, that's enough to wipe out their base, if they aren't careful.

Why have Rocket arty? Msta's are better barrage throughout the game, and Malka's will actually blow stuff up. Or Nona's, which are somewhat closer range but better.

You're missing out on the Mi-28 in exchange for a rather terrible vehicle, the Buratino is over-rated IMO (but each to their own) I find the TO-62's do just as good of a job for less enemy glory when your Buratino dies.

Tanks are okay. Look at the T-64's over that T-72 though. Check out the SU-25T, also. Phenomenal. Or the Mig 21 Rocket planes, those are fun and 55 points, p cheap.

Just food for thought. Also I'd screw the Buk off and get 65 point Tunguskas, too. But that's just me.

bed time!!!

Turtle313
Corporal

Postby Turtle313 » Wed 19 Feb 2014 16:01

Nobody here who wants to help me fine-tune my french Deck?