Historical Deck Resource (Playing non-WAB in WAB!)*Update2*

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Historical Deck Resource (Playing non-WAB things in WAB!

Postby TankHunter » Thu 16 May 2013 01:53

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Commissar Fuklaw wrote:1985 - Angola Bush Wars *Cuba, Angola, UNITA Angola Rebels, South Africa!*

The Cubans have been testing the Czechoslovakian STROP system on a BTR-60, as on this drawing:
Only a few vehicles were made for testing, and I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere while I was researching for EE's STROP 1 & 2 that they were sent to Angola once the project was canceled (but I can't find the source).
The closer would have have been the VAB VDAA, but since it is NATO, it can be added. Yet, the BVP-1 STROP could fit for the Cubans: not the good chassis, but the very same weapon system.

IIRC, Strop1 is a prototype
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Commissar Fuklaw
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Commissar Fuklaw » Thu 16 May 2013 02:18

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Commissar Fuklaw wrote:1985 - Angola Bush Wars *Cuba, Angola, UNITA Angola Rebels, South Africa!*

The Cubans have been testing the Czechoslovakian STROP system on a BTR-60, as on this drawing:
Only a few vehicles were made for testing, and I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere while I was researching for EE's STROP 1 & 2 that they were sent to Angola once the project was canceled (but I can't find the source).
The closer would have have been the VAB VDAA, but since it is NATO, it can be added. Yet, the BVP-1 STROP could fit for the Cubans: not the good chassis, but the very same weapon system.

You are just trying to arm the Cubans even more!

Yeah, I've thought about making individual cuban and angolan force sorting, but, i wanted to get that done for now. Most definitely would add that for cuba only deck as a 'prototype'

Bob_Marley
Staff Sergeant

Postby Bob_Marley » Thu 16 May 2013 20:32

No Mirage IIIE for the saffas?

Commissar Fuklaw
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Commissar Fuklaw » Fri 17 May 2013 00:42

Bob_Marley wrote:No Mirage IIIE for the saffas?

Added. I saw documentation none were in use by the late 80s - but just saw something showing 2 squadrons in use.

Bob_Marley
Staff Sergeant

Postby Bob_Marley » Fri 17 May 2013 19:28

Commissar Fuklaw wrote:
Bob_Marley wrote:No Mirage IIIE for the saffas?

Added. I saw documentation none were in use by the late 80s - but just saw something showing 2 squadrons in use.

Well the SAAF had started using the Atlas Cheetah in the mid 80's, which were upgraded Mirage IIIs so they'd either represent the straight up Mirage IIIEZ export model or the later Cheetah.

Also, perhaps a proxy for the "cactus" Crotale missile carrier?

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Sat 18 May 2013 03:55

Now that replays are in, I think they should be a common feature of the thread. :)

Here's a match where I used my Gulf War "Republic of Iraq" deck on Alesund. I went a little worse than 1:1 but my opponent on that part of the map (Pact side spawn and the woods) had it even worse, and eventually I won the woods, so IMO it was worth it. I tried to play fearlessly and I was lucky enough for it to pay off.

I didn't buy a single plane but I didn't feel like I needed one either.

Also, Akatsiya or whatever are terrible.
Attachments
replay_2013-05-17_19-06-44.rar
(147.64 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
k

Commissar Fuklaw
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Commissar Fuklaw » Sun 19 May 2013 16:46

Graphic wrote:Now that replays are in, I think they should be a common feature of the thread. :)

Here's a match where I used my Gulf War "Republic of Iraq" deck on Alesund. I went a little worse than 1:1 but my opponent on that part of the map (Pact side spawn and the woods) had it even worse, and eventually I won the woods, so IMO it was worth it. I tried to play fearlessly and I was lucky enough for it to pay off.

I didn't buy a single plane but I didn't feel like I needed one either.

Also, Akatsiya or whatever are terrible.

Yes they are.

Also nicely done. Iraq is a fun deck to use. One of my favorites.

Commissar Fuklaw
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Commissar Fuklaw » Mon 20 May 2013 20:37

Deck work on hold until release/balances. I don't want to write out any more things and prototypes/changes/stand-ins get messed with.

Joskip
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Joskip » Tue 21 May 2013 12:07

Commissar Fuklaw wrote:I have removed the BUK. The KUB will stay to represent older SAM systems however.

Another source on the SA-17 in DPRK service:

Эти данные: "Вооруженые силы и военая \эканомика стран Азиии и Северной Африки". Информационо - аналитичкский спровачник. М. Институт востоковедивия РАН, 2002. С.313. Раздел 2. Но воорeжении сухопутных войс состоят: 4060 танков..............., 10000 ракет клааса "земля - возвух" SA-7, SA -16. В личной беседе SA -17/

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 23 May 2013 15:48

[EUG]MadMat wrote:The Cubans have been testing the Czechoslovakian STROP system on a BTR-60, as on this drawing:

Actually, according to JED, it was the very Strop 1 itself that was used in Angola:
http://www.jedsite.info/fulltrack-bravo/bravo-bmp/bmp1_series/bvpstrop/bvpstrop.html