The 'authentic' deck project

BTR
General

Re: The 'authentic' deck project

Postby BTR » Sat 13 Jul 2013 15:42

New scenario, and freshly tested by Londo, Soundwolf, REDDQ and me.

Malmö in the southernmost province of Scania, is Sweden's third largest city by population after Stockholm and Gothenburg, and is one of the largest cities in Scandinavia. It has the largest European tunnel-bridge which links Malmo with Copenhagen over Øresund straights.

Unexpected landing of the 336th guards separate naval infantry brigade (336 гв. обрмп (USSR)) under Kristianstand, coordinated together with maritime relocation of 4th airborne division (4 PD (Poland)) landing next to Trelleborg have given the soviet side necessary operative advantages to capture Malmo unopposed. With Malmo captured, the soviets control the E-20 motorway and the Oresund bridge, negating easy transfer of supplies and de-facto having Copenhagen. The soviet side is definitely looking to use the westwards position of Malmo docks to resupply the Baltic fleet in future operations.

The Danish forces stationed in Lund were cut off from Malmo in one night, and recon elements were ordered to withdraw to not waste them without necessity. In such manner, the 1st Jutland Brigade is concentrated in Lund and is ready to assault the city along the E-22 motorway. To help the effort, 17 Panzergrenadiers Brigade is on its way. It has already crossed Oresund channel at Helsingborg using the E-47 tunnel.

Therefore, the 336th guards brigade is forced to defend the docks from a coordinated assault from two brigades awaiting the polish reinforcements from southern Malmo.

Objectives of both sides are currently the following:

WARPACT must hold the Malme docks, and, if possible, the indicated logistical centers.
Force composition:
-4 Pułk Desantowy (Airborne regiment) (4PD) with support from 7 Pułk Lotnictwa Myśliwsko-Bombowego (Fighter-bomber regiment) (7PLMB).

-336гв. обрмп (Naval brigade) (336) with support from 3 тб.вЭ ВМФ (3ATS) (assault transport helicopter squadron)

NATO must try to block the polish forces in the city, as well as capture the docks.
Force composition:
-1St Jutland Brigade (1JutBr)

-17th Panzergrenadier Brigade (17PzrBr) with support from 6th Air Defense Regiment (6ADR) and Jagdbombergeschwader 41 (41 Jgdbmb) (Bomber regiment).

Rules:

-One hour duration
-Starting points 4000
-First five minutes after the initial deployment time, is secondary deployment time
-In these five minutes 1JutBr and 17PzrBr are to gather forces in their respective zones marked on the map
-In these five minutes 336 is to place units at the objectives marked and 4PD is to take 10 units and to proceed to their deployment zone
-4PD is to deploy 7 minutes after the beginning of battle
-Aviation is available on the 15th minute of battle.

Required decks
Spoiler : :

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Sat 13 Jul 2013 15:49

That West German deck makes me cringe...
No LEOPARD2A4!!!!!!!

Also...
Maybe set a year for your scenarios? So you guys can fight it out with even greater authenticity so old units wont be outclassed by newer units and allowing your decks to be built according to the year. E.g.1985

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Sat 13 Jul 2013 15:55

And the 2nd map indicates it's always a pleasant sunny day in Wargame.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Sat 13 Jul 2013 17:02

Bryan wrote:That West German deck makes me cringe...
No LEOPARD2A4!!!!!!!

Well, I don't see a single leo-2 here: BALTAP, and since I did not want to go too deep into research that is what I used.

I think the skybox in malmo is sunny, but you can toggle clouds on and off, therefore such is the weather.

EDIT: I have replay of the game if anyone wants it:
http://www.2shared.com/file/GWwQQ44j/sc ... almo_.html

We used slightly different rules because it was the first time playing. I think the rules I have presented would offer more of a chance to PACT.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Sun 14 Jul 2013 01:22

I was kidding, no Leopard2A4 in West German deck is like men with no balls. :D
I think they were not priority to receive Leopard2s because they would be expected to fight naval or airborne forces which usually lack heavy armour. Any truth to my hypothesis?

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Sun 14 Jul 2013 14:10

Perhaps, I am not an expert on late cold war Bundeswehr logistics ;) .

SunTzu
Staff Sergeant

Postby SunTzu » Sun 14 Jul 2013 15:00

6. Panzergrenadier Division (Panzerbrigade 17/ Panzerbrigade 18 were part of it) was earmarked for the LANDJUT-Forces, meaning an AO from Hamburg to the Skagerrak-Strait. The bulk of heavy armored fighting was intended to be in the AFCENT (NORTHAG/ CENTAG) covered area not in the AFNORTH-area so the more modern and armored tanks had a priority going to NORTHAG/ CENTAG-Divisons.

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Sun 14 Jul 2013 16:24

Well there was your explanation.

eMeM
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby eMeM » Sun 14 Jul 2013 18:36

4 Pułk Desantowy isn't airborne but naval assault regiment (marines) ;P

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:29

Aha, even better for the scenario. My polish is rusty and you guys have absolutely nothing in either russian or english ;) .

Also, we're cooking up another scenario, this time its very different to the usual play.