The 'authentic' deck project

SputnikYuri
Private First-Class

Re: The 'authentic' deck project

Postby SputnikYuri » Mon 21 Oct 2013 01:12

I have had lots of fun re-creating Bundeswehr brigades. Here is a link to the wiki page that I've used to research their division structure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Army#Current_structure_of_the_German_Army

captain biggles
Warrant Officer

Postby captain biggles » Sat 16 Nov 2013 00:16

i recreated the american 3rd mechanized division 1987 a lot of fun to play around with
and i also made the Royal Netherlands army which was very amusing
Last edited by captain biggles on Wed 13 May 2015 00:25, edited 1 time in total.
Britain doesn't need better SEAD - it has the Challenger 2 for that.
Spoiler : :
Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sigs.

Z4ndman
Corporal

Postby Z4ndman » Thu 12 Dec 2013 01:20

Whoah! Why haven't I found this thread before!?

Just finished making a battlegroup of the British 33rd Armoured Brigade (one cavalry regiment and two mechanised infantry battalions) from the awesome schematics on the fireandfury site. Lots o' highlanders in taaaaaaaaanks!

http://i.imgur.com/DBpbYmi.jpg

Spoiler : :
Commander: 3 Chieftain Mk 5
3 Forward Air Controller (Forward Observer): 3x2 Green Jacket teams w. Spartan APC

Royal Scots Dragoon Guards
http://i.imgur.com/Fq6rPxl.jpg
Chieftain Mk5 (leader)
Close Reconnaissance Troop: 6 Scimitars
A Squadron: 4x3 Chieftain Mk 5
B Squadron: 4x3 Chieftain Mk 2
C Squadron: 4x3 Chieftain Mk 2
D Squadron: 8 Chieftain Mk 5 & 4 Chieftain Mk 2
Guided Weapons Troop: 6 Striker ATGM

1st Btn. Black Watch
A Company: 4 Fusilier squads w. FV-432 APC; 3 LAAD Blowpipe teams w. Spartan APC; 2 Green Jacket Teams w. Spartan APC
B Company: 4 Fusilier squads w. FV-432 APC; 4 LAAD Blowpipe teams w. Spartan APC; Green Jacket Team w. Spartan APC
C Company: 3 Fusilier squads w. FV-432 APC; 4 LAAD Blowpipe teams w. Spartan APC; Green Jacket Team w. Spartan APC
8 Milan ATGM Sections: 8 Milan teams w. Spartan APC
Organic Fire Support: 4 FV-432M Mortar

3rd Btn. Royal Regiment of Fusilliers
A Company: 4 Fusilier squads w. FV-432 APC; 3 LAAD Blowpipe teams w. Spartan APC; 2 Green Jacket Teams w. Spartan APC
B Company: 4 Fusilier squads w. FV-432 APC; 4 LAAD Blowpipe teams w. Spartan APC; Green Jacket Team w. Spartan APC
C Company: 3 Fusilier squads w. FV-432 APC; 4 LAAD Blowpipe teams w. Spartan APC; Green Jacket Team w. Spartan APC
8 Milan ATGM Sections: 8 Milan teams w. Spartan APC
Organic Fire Support: 4 FV-432M Mortar

RAF assets
Logistics: 6 Chinook HC 1
Aircraft: 6 Jaguar GR 1; 9 Harrier GR 3

Divisional assets
Logistics FOB; 6 FV 620 Stalwart
Aviation Assets: 4 Lynx AH Mk 1 (TOW); 4 Scout AH Mk 1
Air Defense Battery: 8 Rapier
Light Air Defense Battery: 8 Falcon

The deck is actual to the time period from 82 to about 84. If you want to make this deck you need to make a Mechanised Cat-C deck for the right slots to be open.

I also added a divisional structure sheet for anyone to play around with. It lists more or less the requirements of a British Armoured Brigade from '82 to 90.

Have fun!
I expected psychotic cyborgs and jetpacks, not F2P and DRM.
Worst. Future. EVER.

4v4 Total Destruction is the gameplay equivalent of two morbidly obese people slamming their genitals together. Of course I don't have the stomach for it. :lol: -Graphic

Justin Tyme
Private

Postby Justin Tyme » Mon 10 Feb 2014 04:58

I tried replicating the composition of my old brigade (82d), needless to say it isn't very feasible. Humvee/trucks only, maybe a few M113 based vehicles, but absolutely nothing heavier other than maybe a Sheridan if you want to be historical. You'll be relying on Apaches and air support to back up your fast infantry.

silverhaze
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby silverhaze » Tue 4 Mar 2014 02:46

Awesome topic BTR!

..and I wonder if my little scenario would fit in.. decks are based on what i found upon internet so there is mistakes and some items can be just ignored (bmpt for ex). But it's surely possible to improve it with your help.
If this scenario is off topic, or the decks too much innacurate, i'll remove/move it to a better apropriate place.
Era is fictionnal but inspired by current events, so i would understand if that hurts some people, then i can remove it if needed.

Spoiler : scenario :
scenario : Secession

Type : Destruction / Conquest

Forces :
- [PACT] 1st Guards Armoured Brigade, based in Honcharivske (current Ukraine)
- [PACT] 7th Guards Airborne-Assault Division, based Novorossiysk, (current Russia)

Map : Stavanger

Plot :
When diplomacy fails..
1 March 1984, Crimea.
After february recent troubles in Kiev, a tempoprary governement has been formed to claim Urkainian independance. the 1st Guards Armoured Brigade has clamed to belong to the new Kiev governement. The 1st Guards Armoured Brigade is now heading south to secure its new territory.
Meanwhile at the Kremlin, direct orders are given to the 7th Guards Airborne-Assault Division to protect the russian population in Crimea, and most likely the naval base they have in there. To achieve this objective, Simferopol airport must be seized.

Notes : (to be extented)
- 7th Guards Airborne-Assault Division should not go further the line in the 2nd picture.
- Decks need improvement. i want em to become more realistic but there i'll need help

Spoiler : Map & Decks :

SunTzu
Staff Sergeant

Postby SunTzu » Sat 22 Mar 2014 01:04

Anyone able to show some realistic and authentic Decks for RD? Especially for the new nations?

Salamander7734
Master Sergeant

Postby Salamander7734 » Sun 30 Mar 2014 21:24

SunTzu wrote:Anyone able to show some realistic and authentic Decks for RD? Especially for the new nations?

Oh hello old thread of mine, I thought you were dead. Well the thing about RD is that making any authentic decks seems basically to be IMPOSSIBLE due to the way Eugen is making it. The tiny national buff, the 5 deck slots and the stupidly small numbers of units makes it screw up on the first equations. I hope that in future they will change it to make it possible, but they seem to want to kill off the TO&E or ORBAT players. (based on officail announcements in which they described the new specializations as being nothing to do with TO&E and that any argument that people want to make TO&E or ORBAT decks is just brushed off or ignored)

I REALLY hope I am wrong about 99% of what I have written up to now though, but I am not seeing any evidence that I am wrong either in game, in official statements, or on the forum.

Anyway, having bled my heart all over that post I will share what I am running with currently that are semi realistic (As close as I can find)

UK mech
DpApZSPiykfGSI7LLh2bEDs2IHZFoOyLQdllI+E6o9I/EdCF5C8Y0R3JgF8y+Z0oi6RdI6kdTNxIJDkhyQ8CwxYZwY3icMEikZg=
UK air mobile (24th)
DrAwwLPCy6eEWk8ItJ4RKZw8oniZXnEyvOHlk9PLJ6mWTxHQngzWZsM2DGiN6ndT4p8U8qeSOBm8kGLDFhnBjeJvEx0nLTlockOQ
UK armored (half of 7th)
DjAU5SOxykdiWg7HLh2JaDshII6ELyF4xpC8hhQwIXULrGYjqh1Q5IchYYsM4MbxOGGbi+Z0omAR3L5iRQ==
PLA armored (for single player)
pjAIzcqJm5UUs6WdKul2S7IfUuZW8reVqJKlkhPpQEoCVcMnGTjJRiExAHJA

I hope some of this helps or inspires you :)

SunTzu
Staff Sergeant

Postby SunTzu » Mon 31 Mar 2014 15:21

That's nice, thanks. I really like that british airmobile deck.

It's definatly harder to do authentic decks but i tried also. It's kinda impossible to do a real BTR-based MRR/ -Brigade now or make a VDV-Deck without MANPADS or ATGMs in Choppers. For the soviet Air Assault and Marine Units i took brigades from the far eastern military district.

It got me so far, that i'm actually thinking about making Bataillon-sized , specialized units.

Here are some of my tries:

QRF, 1.GebirgsDivison (BRD, 1985), note that it's also reinforced from Corps-Level for example with units from the 25th Para Brigade or 2nd German Corps Aviation Brigade:
Homsta+MerO3wj1Fi+MeosUjRYpGivSNFgkaN2PUWE2p55tRYzas7SMBrNsa7WCtJKAsOWHJGFBCgiPFHiXdLuvEniSt5W8LfUcixjRpahNQTzJ5os2WZbBS24fA
155. Marine Brigade (USSR):
jnCqTsKblKdhTU7CmTfKxoc6DBNykKLlM1HKLAigizKxFmKBFEsMWGQkJm0BCAgg6UiSRFH0j6NRGog+QfIPUHqmZTMpkUytxW5ib1S2XGK9AA==
11. Seperate Air Assault Brigade (USSR):
jrCtTsKblOdwkc7hI53CRsQEMQ0YGxAwo53rTBv2jffpMI/ZXlyiEZB1AegPROFek95Xoh0mAQeoPUCydFvY3sUkGSVIBj8ywnFMCiaiEBb1N+XE
1st Brigade/ 2nd ID (US), both 2nd ID Decks share Units from Divsional Level and the third, air assault, Brigade is partly included in the 1st Brig. Deck, Air Assets are F-4, F-16 and A-10, which are/ were stationed in South Korea:
BtCaQSwEenJVKOSqUclUo5NU5yap04kzpQCSxQ4qKaFMpGUjaxtE2mdNEgGPhG5pkSEMXKcFCCn5T9J8U8KdGiFQhQgrOkDS9A==
2nd Brigade/ 2nd ID (US):
BtCVwSwEenJUhLjo0XHSE6AkJNtISs5UsogarUgOQDWJukx8hQSGJDCtxW4riVxKSmh1QhTMpwUQM0pHjJRko3GbRNrG0w==
Franco-German Brigade (Eurokorps), i'm not sure if the French part of the Brigade really has light tanks, but i guess because they have a recon Bataillon:
WBAgli+JGOFCMcIEsXwORwg8hpWENNpAGFCSBhkwyaNJFlBFCpN0gSQJbvN3lCyhNS2wIQ2OH1DyhFlEpec4KlziJxJXob3cfqVVLB1VWNMI

So, i follow up to Salamander7734 and hope i can inspire some people too. Hopefully we will see some authentic Asian or Anzac Decks soon. ;)

Nehabje
Corporal

Postby Nehabje » Sat 19 Apr 2014 17:25

I cant open the links, could you clearify? :D
Wannabe wizard :)

SunTzu
Staff Sergeant

Postby SunTzu » Sat 19 Apr 2014 17:36

Those are Import Codes for Red Dragon Decks.

The dedicated RD-Thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=42264