Wargame Airland Battle Replay Manager - Available for all

reilar
Private First-Class

Re: Wargame Airland Battle Replay Manager - Available for al

Postby reilar » Tue 27 Aug 2013 17:02

I can't watch replays. The program keeps asking me to change the Game Directory.
I haven't installed Steam in the default directory so I point out my install dir (D:\Programs (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame AirLand Battle) using File->Game Directory (To View Replays).
But when I right click on my replay file and choose View the program continues to ask for my Game Directory again.

I'm running on Windows 7 64bit.

Am I doing something wrong or isn't the program able to handle non-default install directories?

Jeslee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Jeslee » Tue 27 Aug 2013 17:19

Weird, I've exactly the same configuration than yours (with Stema on D:) and it works very fine.

I checked the directory you are using and I confirm that it's correct.

I ask Roghnar/Ian to check it and he (or I) will come back to you if we've got any idea.

Did you also try on the first version which is on Kamrat Roger Dropbox (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/276 ... anager.zip) ?
You should run the install programm in administrator mode.

Jeslee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Jeslee » Tue 27 Aug 2013 17:25

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:Haven't checked it yet but great idea! So i make this topic sticky ;-)

Top Spin, could you also do the same thing for the french version please ?
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=34463

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

reilar
Private First-Class

Postby reilar » Tue 27 Aug 2013 17:49

Jeslee wrote:...
Did you also try on the first version which is on Kamrat Roger Dropbox (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/276 ... anager.zip) ?
You should run the install programm in administrator mode.

No, it didn't work. I've tried Kamrat Roger's Dropbox version and have run the installer as an administrator.

Could this possibly have something to do with the WLAB update that came today (v1465)? I didn't try to install the ReplayManager until after the update had been applied so I can't say if it worked before the update. Does it work for you if you try it with the new WLAB update?

Roghnar!
Staff Sergeant

Postby Roghnar! » Tue 27 Aug 2013 19:10

It's works fine , for me too (same as Jeslee).
My Steam Directory is on drive D:.

It's seem to be an rights conflict.

Can you , in WALBReplaysManager install directory check write rights , and try to execute the soft as administrator ?

If it's don't work , can you try to set the Game path in the config.ini file after installdir entry like :
installdir= D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wargame Airland Battle

?

Thanks for your feedback

reilar
Private First-Class

Postby reilar » Tue 27 Aug 2013 19:57

I got it to work. But it seems that the ReplayManager is only able to run replays that is created after the latest WLAB update. No older replays work when I try to view them.
And for some reason I'm not able to run those replays from in-game either. When I try to run them I get the message from WLAB that I need a special viewer to watch them which WLAB needs to download. But that doesn't work. WLAB says that it was unable to load my save.
I don't know if this is somehow related to the fact that I'm unable to run older replays in the ReplayManager or not.

Anyway, I can use the ReplayManager to watch replays created after the WLAB udpate and I am happy with that.

Thanks for the support.

enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby enohka » Tue 27 Aug 2013 20:28

Haha very nice! I had this idea back in w:ee and worked a little bit here in ALB as well on such a tool but seems like I can delete it now :).

Maybe you guys hook up with Buck Turgidson to provide you a interface for a direct upload to alb-replays.info, I'm already talked to him about it, if he finds some free time he might implement you something!

Spektre
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Spektre » Tue 27 Aug 2013 22:01

reilar wrote:I got it to work. But it seems that the ReplayManager is only able to run replays that is created after the latest WLAB update. No older replays work when I try to view them.
And for some reason I'm not able to run those replays from in-game either. When I try to run them I get the message from WLAB that I need a special viewer to watch them which WLAB needs to download. But that doesn't work. WLAB says that it was unable to load my save.
I don't know if this is somehow related to the fact that I'm unable to run older replays in the ReplayManager or not.

Anyway, I can use the ReplayManager to watch replays created after the WLAB udpate and I am happy with that.

Thanks for the support.

I think it is only a problem from the last patch
normally it would work
ab fails to load my normal replays without the manager too
WTF?

Jeslee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Jeslee » Wed 28 Aug 2013 09:35

enohka wrote:Haha very nice! I had this idea back in w:ee and worked a little bit here in ALB as well on such a tool but seems like I can delete it now :).

Maybe you guys hook up with Buck Turgidson to provide you a interface for a direct upload to alb-replays.info, I'm already talked to him about it, if he finds some free time he might implement you something!

Great idea, Thanks.
Let us know if you've got any updated news ! ;)

Jeslee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Jeslee » Wed 28 Aug 2013 09:44

Concerning all issues with launching the replays thourgh the WEBReplayManager, please notice that this function is quiet delicate since the very start.
Roghnar/Ian Implement it at the very last minute and it's not that easy to have something stable.

As I already said, we had no Eugen support until now, it seems that it start changing but we just have some contacts with one person in Eugen staff.
By this way, it's very complicate for us to fix such issues, and it seems that WAB updates could bring new problems (as we can see).

We hope that we'll have some help from Eugen to make this soft fully operational.
If not, there is chances that we'll remove the replay viewer option...

We'll let you know what's happening in this post.

Thanks for your comments and support guys !

Edit : to avoid any misunderstanding, please notice that we didn't contact Eugen to prepare this soft and we don't ask for their support. So, do not think that Eugen doesn't want to support us, it's just that we didn't come to them.
That's why I wrote that "it start changing" as one member of Eugen staff contacted us to help improving our software. ;)