Now Available: Deck Builder App

jb1b84
Master Sergeant

Re: Now Available: Deck Builder App

Postby jb1b84 » Mon 30 Sep 2013 00:26

Wow lots of activity so far, very cool. To answer your questions:

- The Paladin, F4F ICE, BMP-3 and other units that couldn't be added have been fixed. I wrongfully assumed there weren't any units beyond 1990 :?

Darasuum wrote:Could there be a future option to copy a card? Let say for instance I want 3 of the same unit.

I think this is a good idea and can be implemented soon. I'll probably add it to the options that comes up when you click on a card in your deck. *If you haven't checked this out* before you may not have noticed that you can change the veterancy without removing/adding the card again.

Spektre wrote:are decks sorted by date ?

Ok here's the deal with sorting. For now, on the decks screen it's just sorted by most recent. I'm going to add in some different options but wanted to get some more data in to play with. The home page says "Top Ranked" but the ranking by voting hasn't been implemented just yet.

FYI you can filter by all of the options on the "Decks" screen to drill down into specific Nation/Type/Era.

Buck Turgidson wrote:For some reason it's horribly slow for me.

If you mean the Armory screen then yes it's a known issue. If it's on other pages too let me know because I've got this on one of my high performance servers and everything I've seen has been real fast, but there could be something going on.

Instead of having to scroll down pages looking for a card, a simple input field where you could insert characters for quick filtering would be nice.

This is coming. I had it in there but there was a conflict between 2 frameworks (bootstrap & jqueryUI) that I've got to work out. Should be in the next day or so

Also having to go back and forth between the deck view and the select unit view is somewhat unoptimal

IIRC the in-game system lets you see the currently selected category and keep adding units to it i.e. adding an infantry unit will let you keep adding infantry but you don't see any tanks. I might work this in as long as it doesn't conflict with anything else (mobile has a slightly different procedure and it may interfere).

Thanks everyone for the kind words and good feedback. I hope this becomes an useful tool for everyone.

libbmaster
Lieutenant

Postby libbmaster » Mon 30 Sep 2013 14:40

Thank you for adding the BMP-3! :D

Also, will rate of fire stats be implemented at some point for the unit info?

Banzinou
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Banzinou » Mon 30 Sep 2013 15:17

Nice !

deadnation
Command Sergeant Major

Postby deadnation » Mon 30 Sep 2013 20:38

:o

There should be place where you can write some things and thoughts. Like which game modes, maps... you prefer to use this deck. And of course you should give us way to give our thoughts about the deck on same page with units

jb1b84
Master Sergeant

Postby jb1b84 » Mon 30 Sep 2013 20:44

deadnation wrote:There should be place where you can write some things and thoughts. Like which game modes, maps... you prefer to use this deck. And of course you should give us way to give our thoughts about the deck on same page with units

Thanks deadnation, some good ideas there. I was already working on a bit to attach screenshots to a deck which might be cool alongside the description you mentioned.

I looked into allowing comments on the deck before and still might do it. Basically my fear was having to moderate the "bad apples" and adding a simple upvote system instead. I may go ahead and add comments but it will be on a short leash

deadnation
Command Sergeant Major

Postby deadnation » Mon 30 Sep 2013 20:55

jb1b84 wrote:
deadnation wrote:There should be place where you can write some things and thoughts. Like which game modes, maps... you prefer to use this deck. And of course you should give us way to give our thoughts about the deck on same page with units

Thanks deadnation, some good ideas there. I was already working on a bit to attach screenshots to a deck which might be cool alongside the description you mentioned.

I looked into allowing comments on the deck before and still might do it. Basically my fear was having to moderate the "bad apples" and adding a simple upvote system instead. I may go ahead and add comments but it will be on a short leash

Always ready to share my ideas.

And i understand why comments could be bad idea.

LittleTinGod
Sergeant Major

Postby LittleTinGod » Mon 30 Sep 2013 21:46

This is pretty cool, thanks for your hard work on this.

Here is my current go to deck:

http://alb-decks.info/decks/view/full-u-s-s-r-deck
LittleTinGod Gaming, First-Person Live Gameplay Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrentLittleTinGod

jb1b84
Master Sergeant

Postby jb1b84 » Mon 30 Sep 2013 22:37

Update: Quick Filtering added to "Add Card" screen so you can quickly drill into T-80's or whatever you are searching for

Flieger
Lieutenant General

Postby Flieger » Mon 30 Sep 2013 23:44

Very nice! Just created my first deck there.

However I would like if there was an option "publish". I don't think it is cool that I can see decks while they are unfinished.

jb1b84
Master Sergeant

Postby jb1b84 » Mon 30 Sep 2013 23:52

Flieger wrote:Very nice! Just created my first deck there.

However I would like if there was an option "publish". I don't think it is cool that I can see decks while they are unfinished.

I agree and have debated a few ways of going about it. Here are a few of the options so far:
1) Allow toggling of visibility (going to do this anyways probably, currently it's only at the time you create a new deck)
2) "Publish" button like you said (I'm a bit afraid that people won't notice/bother to do this and there won't be many decks visible)
3) Display the # of AP's on the browsing screen so you won't bother opening up a deck that only has 1 card in it.

If you or any others like these or have another idea let me know