Bug/Inconsistency Thread.

urogard
Colonel

Re: Bug/Inconsistency Thread.

Postby urogard » Mon 6 Mar 2017 00:27

This is EUGEN aircraft balance as intended, also if you keep in mind ECM and veterancy, you'll notice that it's not that far off

ASFs as a whole have a lot more inconsistencies ...
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=58970

Sonki3
Private First-Class

Postby Sonki3 » Thu 16 Mar 2017 21:07

Hey there.

Does Red Dragon still get patch/fix support? (There are still a lot of bugs which need to be fixed) (Page 1)

(A lot of people are now concentrating on Steel Division while RD still needs some minor "corrections") :mrgreen:

Yours sincerely,

Sonki3
"A Roland for an Oliver."

"Wie du mir, so ich dir."

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Sun 19 Mar 2017 20:31

Sonki3 wrote:Hey there.

Does Red Dragon still get patch/fix support? (There are still a lot of bugs which need to be fixed) (Page 1)

(A lot of people are now concentrating on Steel Division while RD still needs some minor "corrections") :mrgreen:

Yours sincerely,

Sonki3

Eugen claimed that they plan to bring a comprehensive patch that would bring BD/RD into relevance. so far we've seen some tweaks which have been definitely helpful, but the sum of it is far from the comprehensive upgrade that EUG has communicated, so everyone is still waiting for that (as well as a comprehensive bugfix patch from the last nation pack).

No one is making any illusions about fixing all bugs/inconsistencies documented here because that list has only been growing with every patch since it got made the first time.

Sonki3
Private First-Class

Postby Sonki3 » Mon 20 Mar 2017 12:01

Hmm. I see. Thats how it is.

It is sad - this game has potential - but it seems Eugen has other priorities. (I am aware of Steel Division)

I know that the list on Page 1 is growing and growing - but it shows that people "care" for this game. They find mistakes and report them, so that they can get fixed.

RD still has a supporting community and Eugen should not waste that.

Well - we will see what will happen /or will not happen with RD.
"A Roland for an Oliver."

"Wie du mir, so ich dir."

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Mon 20 Mar 2017 21:50

Sonki3 wrote:Hmm. I see. Thats how it is.

It is sad - this game has potential - but it seems Eugen has other priorities. (I am aware of Steel Division)

I know that the list on Page 1 is growing and growing - but it shows that people "care" for this game. They find mistakes and report them, so that they can get fixed.

RD still has a supporting community and Eugen should not waste that.

Well - we will see what will happen /or will not happen with RD.

Well one could assume that Steel division won't need as much patching as Wargame as there are way less units and those are based on authentic stats so most of the balance will revolve around price avail and division incomew. Hopefully there won't be that many bugs as well.

I doubt that Normandy 44 will be able to get much more content as the 3 campaigns should cover most of the fights and the 18 divisions will feature most if not all units that existed there. As for maps...

So maybe a few devs will come back to give RD a last patch while they extend the SD franchise more with new settings (earlier dates in WWII, Eastern Front, North Africa and Pacific fronts). Or they just leave RD as it is now if they think that they will do a new Wargame after the SD franchise.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 21 Mar 2017 00:04

Bougnas wrote:Well one could assume that Steel division won't need as much patching as Wargame as there are way less units and those are based on authentic stats so most of the balance will revolve around price avail and division incomew. Hopefully there won't be that many bugs as well.

The stuff I've been hearing paints a slightly bleaker picture of balance.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Tue 21 Mar 2017 07:33

Xeno426 wrote:The stuff I've been hearing paints a slightly bleaker picture of balance.

Define "bleak"

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 21 Mar 2017 08:05

RoadkillRodger wrote:Define "bleak"

Basic design concepts. High statted units with low availability, but no counters at all in many decks/divisions.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 22 Mar 2017 03:58

Xeno426 wrote:

Basic design concepts. High statted units with low availability, but no counters at all in many decks/divisions.

Too be fair, the beta was more to address UI, bugs and overall gameplay issues and not balance. We only got to use 4 divisions (nations in wargame terms).
Courtesy of KattiValk

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Thu 23 Mar 2017 03:10

Mike wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:

Too be fair, the beta was more to address UI, bugs and overall gameplay issues and not balance. We only got to use 4 divisions (nations in wargame terms).

There was a King Tiger on some of the promo screenies.

That one is always fun, since it tends to devolve game balance (through tears) into the unholy trinity of KT vs. M26E4 vs. IS-3.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0