Unit of the Day (WAB version)

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: Unit of the Day (WAB version)

Postby orcbuster » Wed 27 Feb 2013 02:20

trotskygrad wrote:
orcbuster wrote:point, with the new fire system that might be viable. Doubt that we'll see the Hercules in the game though.


that and players would probably use them as antipersonnel weapons anyways... :roll:


and be shot down every time. Hell, a shilka or tunguska could probably destroy it while it parachutes down
Image
Viker for ingen!

User avatar
trotskygrad
General
Posts: 6444
Joined: Mon 17 Sep 2012 16:09
Location: две тысячи лет война
Contact:

Re: Unit of the Day (WAB version)

Postby trotskygrad » Wed 27 Feb 2013 02:26

orcbuster wrote:
trotskygrad wrote:
orcbuster wrote:point, with the new fire system that might be viable. Doubt that we'll see the Hercules in the game though.


that and players would probably use them as antipersonnel weapons anyways... :roll:


and be shot down every time. Hell, a shilka or tunguska could probably destroy it while it parachutes down


probably, a massive tub of explosives is likely to have a huge radar signature...

not sure whether it would explode midair though, damaging nearby planes :p
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

User avatar
KOMRADEFRUIT
First Sergeant
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat 7 Jul 2012 21:05
Contact:

Re: Unit of the Day (WAB version)

Postby KOMRADEFRUIT » Wed 27 Feb 2013 03:40

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Side-gun may vary from 7,62mm or 12,7mm (".50 cal." for all those non-scientifical of you using loony measurement systems ;) ) machine-guns, miniguns ... or even 20mm autocannon is the specific case of the Puma Pirate.


You do mean 0.78 caliber don't you? :D
Image

User avatar
orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12362
Joined: Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:04
Contact:

Re: Unit of the Day (WAB version)

Postby orcbuster » Wed 27 Feb 2013 03:42

KOMRADEFRUIT wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Side-gun may vary from 7,62mm or 12,7mm (".50 cal." for all those non-scientifical of you using loony measurement systems ;) ) machine-guns, miniguns ... or even 20mm autocannon is the specific case of the Puma Pirate.


You do mean 0.78 caliber don't you? :D


non-metrics are for the ancient and the americans.
Image
Viker for ingen!

User avatar
cramble
Master Sergeant
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue 24 Jul 2012 19:27
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Unit of the Day (WAB version)

Postby cramble » Wed 27 Feb 2013 22:02

Oh nice to see side gunners in airland battles some more support for my infantry.
But still as a guy who loves to use infantry, i see allot of high grass and corn/grain fields.
Im still wondering if you can move infantry in there hidden like swamps medium cover.
''Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real. We live in a primitive time, don't we? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it.''

User avatar
Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10588
Joined: Mon 30 Apr 2012 10:18
Location: Battle Born
Contact:

Re: Unit of the Day (WAB version)

Postby Graphic » Wed 27 Feb 2013 23:36

orcbuster wrote:
KOMRADEFRUIT wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Side-gun may vary from 7,62mm or 12,7mm (".50 cal." for all those non-scientifical of you using loony measurement systems ;) ) machine-guns, miniguns ... or even 20mm autocannon is the specific case of the Puma Pirate.


You do mean 0.78 caliber don't you? :D


non-metrics are for the ancient and the americans.


My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it.
k

User avatar
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 15338
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 13:31
Location: Paris, France.
Contact:

Re: Unit of the Day (WAB version)

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 28 Feb 2013 11:19

Remember Frida, the dreaded HVA mole spying in W-Germany? Well, she's back in service!

Under her masterful disguise, she has again crossed the Iron Curtain to collect intelligence on NORTHAG troops, which would be the most likely to try to attack the flank of a WP offensive against Denmark.
Moving from tree to tree under the pretence of visiting her sick grandma', she finally spots some vehicles ...


Image

Playing with her hula hoop to pass by the sentry, Frida manages to get closer:

Image

And finally ...

Image


FULL SIZE:
http://imageshack.us/a/img255/2208/unit21a.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img19/199/unit21b.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img441/3501/unit21c.png

User avatar
Crotou
Colonel
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu 12 Apr 2012 20:36
Location: DM's keep
Contact:

Re: Unit of the Day (WAB version)

Postby Crotou » Thu 28 Feb 2013 11:22

Beware of the Big Bad Wolf. :P
Image

User avatar
FFR.Tarask
Captain
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 14:56
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Unit of the Day (WAB version)

Postby FFR.Tarask » Thu 28 Feb 2013 11:30

I think of some new supply truck, maybe ?
Image

Skyenet
First Sergeant
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat 25 Feb 2012 10:09
Contact:

Re: Unit of the Day (WAB version)

Postby Skyenet » Thu 28 Feb 2013 11:57

Might be a G-Wagen, given the Wolf reference. Though it looks like its windscreen is divided into three and like its longer than a car.
Image

Return to “Community”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests