Warhammer 40k Universe game from Eugen

Xemander
Private

Warhammer 40k Universe game from Eugen

Postby Xemander » Mon 13 Mar 2017 22:46

Guys. I think I have a great idea. Don't you want to create game in WH40k universe. Your engine is so cool and largescale for it's battles, a lot of units could be fielded, infantry, mechanized, air & naval, may-be even high-flying space ships. With some love to strategies and total destruction of battlefield players could recive great game. Furthermore I heard that license of WH40k is really available now. Such game could unite eugen strategy fans and wh40k fans to bigger army)

So how is idea? Or you prefer more historical strategies?

P.S. if you decide to make it please let me model some vechicle stuff for you)

rubixkubix
Private

Re: Warhammer 40k Universe game from Eugen

Postby rubixkubix » Wed 15 Mar 2017 19:02

Wargame 40k!
Take my Money! :mrgreen:

Revydemychan
Private

Postby Revydemychan » Mon 20 Mar 2017 02:42

Lool, I just was looking for a way to suggest this to Eugene as i saw your post. I to believe with Wargame's engine and formula, and the front line system from Steel Division, I think a 40k Game from Eugine would be fantastic, The Front line system would work better as it lines in with the way at least lore wise how 40k battles were meant to be, a line that must either be held, or pushed. And the universe itself lines in very well with Eugene's DLC policy, could start off with four factions, then each DLC would release two Factions or even 4 factions more. Then add in the fact that the Wargame like style, is perfect for the large scale ever changing battlefields of the 40k Universe, it allows for great effects, light shows, and yet still allows for tactics. I'd honestly pre order this moment if such a thing was announced, I'm sure countless other 40k fans would as well. the market share as well would only put it up against Dawn of war, Abiet both being RTS, Dawn of war is its own style of game meaning both would still do very well. Anyways that's just my take, i doubt it will happen, but its worth voicing my views on such a great idea. Honestly Eugene has the best platform for it, And I'd really enjoy a 40k game made by them.

Xemander
Private

Postby Xemander » Mon 20 Mar 2017 08:20

I'll paint some screenshots later. Hope the developers at least visited this post)
If anybody else read this theme and would like 40k wargame at least type "+" or smth, just for Eugen Systems guys too see that there is a lot of ppl interested in this. Thanks!)

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 28 May 2017 03:21

Screw Warhammer. BattleTech all the way.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 28 May 2017 05:13

Oh trust me, this has been asked for before, time and time and time and time and time again!

Revydemychan
Private

Postby Revydemychan » Sun 6 Aug 2017 03:04

I was just thinking about this again for like the millionth time. more so after seeing Steel divison release.

In all honestly Steel division is perfect for it, Remove all the world war 2 stuff, keep all the mechanics, And slap on a 40k theme. And instant money maker

Why?
because the games systems is perfect for it. and with Dawn of war 3's failure there is a clear and wanted market for a good 40k RTS game.

Let me get a bit more detailed. For one, you could add in as many factions from 40k as possible, Then release their various sub factions/chapters as DLC AKA divisions like steel division, and people will pay for it, Are you a white scars player on the tabletop? well here we go buy the white scars DLC pack. Are you a Ork player who likes the Goffs? Boom here you go a Goff DLC All that is needed, is the base factions with some well known chapters, 40k style UI and maps. And obvious change of effects and there you go a perfect game. And people will enjoy it, people will buy it, and most importantly people will buy the DLC. Because that's what we want, to play as the chapters we enjoy Its a perfect DLC policy and a perfect game pitch. keep the fount line system. The only system that would be needed to be added are planetary support weapons, but that's not hard at all.

Gameplay wise, Decks would function the same as steel div, Just added a Orbital support section. and like mentioned above Chapters/subfactions would act as Divisions, the base game would be released with either all the 40k factions or at least 4 of them and each would have at least 4 major chapters/other race equivalents. You would keep the phase system, As this plays well into a 40k style game as factions like the space marines would be more powerful late game then early, where Orks would do better early game due to numbers but late game stagnate out.

Its honestly A goldmine, and a perfect 40k RTS game, winch eugen systems is sitting on without even knowing it.

The time is right. Consider it, No, Do it Eugen. Give us the 40k Game the world wanted, Show Relic that they are in fact a relic of the past. Show us that a good game could still be made.

Bring, us War. Bring us the Dim dark future. Bring us WAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!

Hell where do i have to email this to to get the attention of someone higher up, this is a legitimate game pitch.

Joseph5
Private

Postby Joseph5 » Sun 24 Sep 2017 14:50

I prefer more historical strategies.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sun 24 Sep 2017 14:56

Xemander wrote:Guys. I think I have a great idea. Don't you want to create game in WH40k universe.

Revydemychan wrote:Lool, I just was looking for a way to suggest this to Eugene

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Oh trust me, this has been asked for before, time and time and time and time and time again!

There's no need to suggest it, nor hint it or repeat it ... there are quite a few of us (including myself) here whom are sharing such dream since RUSE and the IrisZoom Engine.
It's been hinted, suggested, begged ... up the chain of command for a very long time.

But there's this tiny issue called Games Workshop: franchise rights would surely cost us more than we could make out of it ... ;)

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 24 Sep 2017 19:49

Xeno426 wrote:Screw Warhammer. BattleTech all the way.

That would be cool but Halo would also work it would mean we actually get a proper halo RTS