[IDEA] Star wars strategy game

KingNXT
Private

[IDEA] Star wars strategy game

Postby KingNXT » Wed 24 Jan 2018 11:41

I would like to see a star wars strategy of wargames kind of caliber.
The game would be set in Star Wars clone wars era, makes it possible to have big battles Clones vs Droids.
If you start a game you as republic would start out on Coruscant and have Kamino as secondary planet. If the Republic looses Coruscant game is over.(or you can change game settings)
If you start as CIS(Confederacy of Independent Systems) you start out on Raxus and have Geonosis as secondary planet. If CIS looses Raxus game is over.

Secondary planets are the factories for troops and then there are planets with factories for ships and other big warmachines like Ringo Vinda for CIS and Kuat for the Republic and fuel planets like Malastare and Dorin. You can occupy/attack or make trade/peace treaty with planets.

Third planets are planets with normal economy and always a money outcome to buy and sell weapons.

When zoomed out on the galaxy you mostly see the planets and star systems and your starships, when zooming in on planets with wars you can see a the battle near the planets capitol. And this would have the same functions as in normal game just different textures.

When zoomed out it should have the type of Steel Divisions frontlines and see where there were battles.

Moons are scout and ranged operations to see enemy movement in the star system.

This could be a mod.

Why Eugensystems? I played their game wargame airland battle and noticed that it is actually the best strategy game I ever played and it was what I always sought after.

KattiValk
General

Re: [IDEA] Star wars strategy game

Postby KattiValk » Wed 24 Jan 2018 16:57

EA currently holds sole publishing rights for all games Star Wars, and as you probably know, Eugen is not published by them.

Still, not a bad idea.

KingNXT
Private

Postby KingNXT » Thu 25 Jan 2018 13:31

KattiValk wrote:EA currently holds sole publishing rights for all games Star Wars

That we all know but as a modmaker you can ignore rights so therefore anyone could make a mod like this into Steeldivision if Eugen someday gives us modsupport, that we can download from workshop instead of a website.

Eugen Please fix.

KingNXT
Private

Postby KingNXT » Thu 25 Jan 2018 15:45

And, as a dev not small developer team you could go ask Disney for permission.

Motivation
Many fans would love an addition to an first person shooter.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Thu 25 Jan 2018 23:08

KattiValk wrote:EA currently holds sole publishing rights for all games Star Wars, and as you probably know, Eugen is not published by them.

Still, not a bad idea.

The one I would like to see is halo war game style