Games I am officially EXCITED about.

varis
Brigadier

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby varis » Sat 15 Jul 2017 02:55

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:I know it's dumb, but the positioning and body language make it look more like a petty squabble than a full on fight...

It's supposed to be a fight? :?

@Xeno426:

Isn't Battletech a little dated system for this decade? That said I once dreamed of running a Mechwarrior campaign... also one of my key RP contacts was quite a bit influenced by battletech backstory (esp. the code of honor things). And by just a coincidence listening to MW soundtracks right now (yeah that was a few computer games).

And guys wasn't this supposed to be our COMPUTER game thread? :)

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sat 15 Jul 2017 03:34

varis wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:I know it's dumb, but the positioning and body language make it look more like a petty squabble than a full on fight...

@Xeno426:

Isn't Battletech a little dated system for this decade? That said I once dreamed of running a Mechwarrior campaign... also one of my key RP contacts was quite a bit influenced by battletech backstory (esp. the code of honor things). And by just a coincidence listening to MW soundtracks right now (yeah that was a few computer games).

speaking of battletech

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 15 Jul 2017 03:41

varis wrote:Isn't Battletech a little dated system for this decade?

No more than Warhammer 40K. The Alpha Strike rules actually makes it rather similar to that playstyle as well, though I still prefer the original.

varis wrote:That said I once dreamed of running a Mechwarrior campaign... also one of my key RP contacts was quite a bit influenced by battletech backstory

By MechWarror, do you mean the RPG? The newest version (which you might call MechWarrior 4th edition) is called A Time of War. Its problem is that the combat is brutal and unforgiving, plus it's most definitely written from a wargaming point of view (table everywhere). Character creation is... not very clean. On the other hand, it's made to very easily slot in to the existing Total Warfare rules (though some things don't facilitate this very well, like the AToW vehicle rules).
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 15 Jul 2017 03:59

varis wrote:

@Xeno426:

It's "Games I am officially excited about" not "cumputer games I am...", not even "video games I am...".

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sat 15 Jul 2017 04:18

Xeno426 wrote:
varis wrote:That said I once dreamed of running a Mechwarrior campaign... also one of my key RP contacts was quite a bit influenced by battletech backstory

By MechWarror, do you mean the RPG? The newest version (which you might call MechWarrior 4th edition) is called A Time of War.

Yes MechWarrior used to be the RPG brand while Battletech was the boardgames (and books I think).

edthebeast
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby edthebeast » Sat 15 Jul 2017 18:46

Since we're on to baord games, I've been wanting to get axis and allies for a while now, it seems like basically extreme risk (same goals, more complexity). Which version should I get for the most in-depth game? I have three or four buddies who would happily play for a day
.... I've also heard about buying two and combining them, what's that all about?
The only (probably) sane player to take a card of Akulas voluntarily..... UNTIL RED DRAGON!

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 16 Jul 2017 17:45

Interesting, but I have my doubts and I am bit skeptical since it seems like every other project that is ambitious.

Trying to cover the whole war, but they leave out Italy :?. Hopefully we get see the North Africa campaign.
Last edited by Shrike on Sun 16 Jul 2017 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 16 Jul 2017 18:07

There's also Flames of War for tabletop gaming.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Mon 17 Jul 2017 16:31

Shrike wrote:Trying to cover the whole war, but they leave out Italy :?.

Isn't "the whole war" gaming lingo for "US & UK vs Germany Jul 1940 - May 1945 + a collection of experimental prototype weapons from 1950s"?

D-M

Postby D-M » Mon 17 Jul 2017 20:47

geez

http://store.steampowered.com/app/673290/EREFIA/

1014 of the birth of the Emperor. As a result of internal conflicts among the leaders of the barbarian clans, once a great empire received an opportunity to regain their ancestral lands. Thanks to the will of the inhabitants of border regions, the peninsula back into the empire. However, the land is not cleared by the savage forces, who are struggling to keep once they seized the territory.
You have been chosen by Emperor, to bring light to the land, establishing law and order. Sword and diplomacy you will be the will of the Emperor, punishing force savages light, freeing the countryside outside the village. Your sacred duty to eradicate this evil, to ensure the safety of the inhabitants of the empire.

Wow so subtle...